EPOCH Senior Healthcare of Chestnut Hill - Chestnut Hill, MA

EPOCH Senior Healthcare of Chestnut Hill - Chestnut Hill, MA has yet not published prices.

Sleeping CNAs

The nursing assistants can consistently be found sleeping or on their phones while "working." There is also a constant rotation of nurses on the weekends who are often unfamiliar with residents due to the fact that they are "per diem." The overall care this facility provides does not equal the price they charge.

Avoid this place

I agree with all the other reviews of this place. It is horrible! The care is minimal and there is a different OT or PT every day so the care is really inconsistent. When we left our 90 year old mom there she was still wearing the same clothes the next morning! She had obviously slept in them. The food is also terrible and not nutritious. Who serves meatball subs to geriatric patients? The people who work there seem very unhappy and angry and are often out in the hallways talking at the top of their lungs, or arguing. Our mother reported that she was rudely awakened and a pill in applesauce was shoved into her mouth with no warning or explanation. She nearly choked. I was truly shocked by this experience. It looks so fancy on the outside and their PR makes it sound "luxurious." I wouldn't leave a loved one there again for any reason.

EPOCH Staff

We tried very hard to ease the concerns and accommodate the requests of this family, a room change, our dietitian met one-on-one with the resident to develop a special menu, and staff happily spent time with the family to support several requests.

We have many people thank us for our efforts, and we work very hard to accommodate all of our families and provide good, supportive care for our residents; though we have clearly fallen short in this person’s eyes.

As an administrator, my door is always open and I encourage honest feedback and regular communication with all of our families and staff, and I’m sorry we couldn't do enough for this family.

Ellen B. Alperen, PhD
Administrator

Not pleased

It's a full nursing facility so it's a little bit different from assisted living, but I was not impressed with them. 1. because of my aunts dementia, they had started her on the memory floor and she was too high functioning for that so they moved her down and they lost her clothes... it was just not good. I know they also have an assisted living facility so that kind of put me off. They seemed to be providing good rehab care, it was definitely not as clean, but they did what they needed to do.

EPOCH Senior Healthcare of Chestnut Hill specializes in short-term rehabilitation, respite care, and complex medical services. Our comprehensive team of skilled nurses, rehabilitation therapists and support staff are able to meet the needs of even the most complex medical patient. Located in one of Massachusetts's most exclusive and beautiful areas, EPOCH of Chestnut Hill also offers BRIDGES®, a specialized program for individuals with memory care needs.

24-hour care is provided by our professional staff and coordinated by our Medical Director. We partner with Boston Area Post-Acute Care, an esteemed physician group that coordinates care with residents’ primary care physicians and specialists. We provide a complete range of ancillary services including physical, occupational, respiratory, and speech therapies, and many routine medical services. These services are designed to transition residents from post-acute care to home or assisted living, while maximizing quality of life. We also have an on-site independent and assisted living campus, Boylston Place at Chestnut Hill, available to residents who no longer need 24-hour care.

EPOCH Senior Healthcare of Chestnut Hill maintains gracious surroundings and a picturesque courtyard, beautiful dining rooms, a state-of-the-art rehabilitation center, attractive interiors and staff who are committed to your well-being, comfort, and safety. We strive to provide a comfortable and dignified lifestyle, and a foundation of quality healthcare services that support each individual's needs.
Please call and arrange a tour of the facilities. We look forward to serving you.