North End Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center - Boston, MA

North End Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center - Boston, MA has yet not published prices.

• Short Term Rehab

Review of North End Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center

My loved one's experience has been beautiful and we have no complaints. She is so happy and she likes the room. She is getting stronger and the staff check-in on her, asking if she needs anything. Everybody is friendly and they all provide great care. They take her to her appointments on time and back and the communication has been going well.

Review of North End Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center

My loved one's overall experience has been excellent! All the individuals doing the physical therapy are nice and kind. I went down to the gym and they gave me some exercises she can do in her room and that was really great. Finding out the ongoing schedule has been a challenge. She has some diet restrictions but she really likes the meals. The nursing care has been just excellent and the communication has also been great.

Review of North End Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center

My loved one's experience went very well here!

Review of North End Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center

The staff took great care of my loved one.

Review of North End Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center

My loved one is happy with his experience here and he was pleased with the nursing staff. The staff has not called us but the doctor has called us.

Review of North End Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center

My mother seems to be doing well there and is content. The place has all been recently been done over and looks nice. I think the staff is very friendly and the nurses are always approachable, and I can speak to them about my concerns. My mother had her light on for over two hours waiting for her pain medication and that is too long. The response times to call lights should improve.

Review of North End Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center

Everybody's very friendly. My loved one is eating everything that he's given and he's happy with it so far. They're communicating with him and then he updates me.

Review of North End Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center

The director in physical therapy is very open and updates me on how my husband is progressing. We had an incident with a CNA and the nurse over the weekend handled the situation right away. She updates me and she asks how things are going.

Review of North End Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center

It seems like a good operation here. The staff are all friendly, nice and helpful to my loved one. The parking is a challenge, it is hard to visit because it is jammed up and they need to change that because I have to rush in and rush out.

Review of North End Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center

The communication has been very good. The facility is going through renovations but they keep it clean. We are happy with the nursing care but the nursing assistants are understaffed and there does not seem to be a sense of urgency to help. The meal portion sizes are very small, they do not offer any snacks outside of the meals, and the meal times are so close together.

Review of North End Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center

The people are FANTASTIC. They are helpful, courteous, patient and informative. It's one thing to be smart and it's another thing too be able to be smart and communicate well. My father seems to enjoy the therapy and he is improving. They have music there like Frank Sinatra, which makes it enjoyable. So, they can whistle while they work. They are very patient. They never make him feel bad. They have been very, very good with their residents. I haven't found a bad apple in the bunch yet. There is nobody that has an attitude or impatient. The bathroom is always clean. His bed and sheets are always top-notch. It’s 100 % sparkling clean. I would recommend to myself if I am ever in that situation - I would happily stay there!

Review of North End Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center

It's excellent. My father was there as well. So, when my mother was discharged from the hospital, I actually called the administration director because the first thing that came to my mind was getting her into North End. Everyone is great. The nurses are very good. They are nice, sweet, and caring. The doctor who is attending her is very smart, intelligent and explains things clearly. The quality of the meals could be improved though.

Review of North End Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center

It is good. They are trying to help my husband. He says the staff is good over there. He seems to like the nursing care, he always chooses North End. They have good communication, they always call me back when I call.

Review of North End Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center

North End is very good. The staff are very friendly and helpful. The nursing care is very good. The cleanliness is excellent.

Review of North End Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center

My husband received good nursing care. His therapy was exceptionally good. One of our nurses is knowledgeable, intelligent and friendly and she insisted on why he needed to do something and she had a very good approach. It is nice and clean. One staff member was exceptionally good with follow through. Overall it was very good with communicating things. It is not the five star restaurant but my husband was satisfied. The dietitian spoke with him. They gave replacements if needed.

Review of North End Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center

He is getting used to it and they are very good to him. It's very clean! The meals are so good! The choices were very good! For some reason this particular time (my sister has been there a few times), there was something going on and it seemed like the staff was very stressed. They were very professional but seemed as though they were too busy. The staff is professional, it just seems as though they do not necessarily have time to chit chat and answer questions. It's hard to communicate.

Review of North End Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center

It's a well-run place. It fit our needs, so yes I'd recommend the facility. I certainly have nothing negative to say about the experience. The couple times I spoke with them I thought it went well - I'd give them five stars. The nurses are very helpful and responsive. It seemed pretty clean. I didn't look around too much but from what I saw everything was okay. I did not see any of his meals but my dad did not complain so I'd say satisfying. They were available all the time in terms of getting information but did not volunteer information.

Review of North End Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center

Communication has been good. He seems to like the meals. The nursing staff and the assistant nursing staff are not as good. They don't seem to have a handle on what they are doing. In one case we asked to have him dressed so we could talk him home for the holidays, and he was just laying there with his johnnies on when we got there to pick him up. All the areas outside of the rehab area need help.

Review of North End Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center

They are very pleasant and nice. I think it's very nice, they are renovating. The 2nd floor looks awesome. The food is good and everyone is nice. Overall I am very happy with the place and I feel comfortable that he is there. I feel like he is good hands. The thing is, they only work with him for 15 minutes in therapy. I think it would be good for to even just get in a recliner and gets out of that room and socialize. A couple of the aide guys are wonderful. They can multitask. They are very nice. Some of the others need to move a little faster. I know that nurses have more patients at this type of facility than they do at a regular hospitals, but at the beginning when he was pressing the buzzer for help, the help didn't come right away. I think the food looks good. It looks like it's well prepared and tasty.

Review of North End Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center

The rehab is good. It's great and very clean. The meals are not as good. We had more choices at the hospital.

Review of North End Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center

The staff is friendly. My husband has a core of CNA's who are really good. One of the nurses phenomenal. His occupational therapist is great. The care has been very uneven overall though. Ever since the 2nd floor opened it's been even more uneven. The rebuilt the 2nd floor and that's really great, but they pulled out the experienced CNA's from the other floor to there. Which has the 4th floor, where my husband is at, like 2nd class citizens. Weekend mornings are particularity iffy. There has been tremendous turn over in bringing in new CNA's who appear to be clueless when it comes to my husband's issues. The food started out being terrific and then they changed their food service vendor. It's now tasteless and I am not sure how nutritious it is. They have lessened the options for if you don't like the main meal.

Review of North End Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center

The nursing care is very good. I don't know her name but this particular nurse who, whenever I visit, has always been very helpful. She is always there, always approachable. It has been difficult at times getting through to certain staff members. I have tried calling the social worker - I do not get a call back. I work during the day - I go at night and no one is there to talk to.

Review of North End Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center

The girls were attentive. The nurses are very pleasant and took care of him. The food is terrible and it is old and dingy on the 3rd floor. What I had a problem with were the people taunting and being mean to the people who do not speak English; it is not right to allow the patients to taunt them.

Review of North End Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center

There were individual nurses who were pretty good in my eyes. The facility's nutritionist appeared proactive; he did stop us and wanted to make a plan to try to put together the best nutrition plan for my mother. If the floor staff noticed she wasn't eating they made certain they brought her Ensure of something of that nature. One of the problems - no one wears their name tag. It's left to the individual introducing themselves to know who they are. They should be sanitizing hands entering and leaving. My mother was on two units while she was there. One unit was a dump, the fourth floor. The other was far better.

North End Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center is a CMS 5-star and Deficiency-Free skilled nursing facility located in the heart of downtown Boston.

Our vibrant, 100-bed center is a family-like community where each resident can feel right at home. North End's dedicated care team is committed to helping our patients and residents live the fullest lives possible through a full range of outstanding healthcare services, customized to your individual needs.

Our full suite of clinical services includes:
- Post-Operative Subacute Care
- IV Therapy
- Pain Management
- Nutritional Services
and much more!

Please visit our website or schedule a visit to learn more about North End's exceptional medical and rehab services.