Wingate Residences at Melbourne Place - Pittsfield, MA

Go elsewhere for memory care

My father lived in the assisted living part of the building from 2013 until 2017 when Epoch ran the facility. That part of his experience was great. He had to move into memory care in 2017 when Wingate took over the facility. Our experience in that part of the facility was poor. There was not enough staff, his bathroom was often filthy, the set-up for activities was not good as residents had to travel in a small elevator to go down a floor for activities and most of the activities were not anything my dad wanted to participate in. Most of the time, people were just in front of a television set. I would not recommend memory care to anyone.

A nice respite stay

The room is a little small for dad. The staff have been great. This community does seem a little expensive for a respite stay. The food is good and they have a nice dining room. The community is clean and I would recommend this community for a respite stay.

very attentive and very caring

My mother is staying at EPOCH Assisted Living at Melbourne. They have been very attentive and very caring. They have shown that they are very genuinely interested in the well-being of my mother.

Epoch offers variety of options

Dad is living here now and although it's only been a few weeks so far, we feel comfortable about where he is and pleased with our selection.
We toured almost every assisted living facility in Western Mass and found that Epoch and another facility were our top picks. It was very surprising how similar the pricing was for each facility we toured and startled that some facilities were charging the same for, what we feel, was substandard housing situations.
Epoch was clean, sunny, and friendly. Our other choice also had these traits, but we ultimately decided to go with Epoch because it was a bit less expensive and seemed to have a more casual atmosphere, which is more conducive to our Dad.

Everyone was friendly and answered a...

Everyone was friendly and answered all of my questions from my initial visit until the day my mom moved in. It is a very caring facility. The employees know the names of the residents and more importantly treat them with respect. I feel comfortable with my mom living there and feel she is safe and well taken care of.

Age in Place

They offer multiple levels of assisted living care which allows residents to age in place without having to move to another community. They offer a number of activities that benefit my loved one socially. When we toured the community we really had good vibes and good feelings about the staff and the community. My loved one previously had someone who had also stayed here and they had a good experience here as well. The community is very beautiful and very well maintained.

Our neighborhood setting and spectacular views of the Berkshire Mountains create a beautiful residential atmosphere, one that easily allows us to feel like "home." The more than 100 residents at Melbourne are a diverse group in their sixties to 100-plus. Several couples live here, and an unusually high percentage of Melbourne residents are men! Daily social and cultural events engage residents on many levels. Residents benefit from our daily fitness classes, and state-of-the-art Keiser and NuStep exercise equipment. A hallmark of Wingate Residences, our fitness program focuses on increasing strength, balance, range of motion, and vitality. Additional wellness education is promoted through Melbourne's registered nurse case manager, and informative lecture presentations with healthcare professionals.

Wingate Residences at Melbourne Place offers gracious apartment-style assisted living, and additionally features Bridges; our program for individuals with Alzheimer's Disease and other memory concerns. Bridges offers special assisted living environment for individuals with Alzheimer’s disease and memory impairment. The program works to bring out the best in residents, while offering security and comfort to their families. All Bridges staff members are certified through the National Alzheimer’s Association’s “Care For People With Alzheimer’s Disease” training program, promoting care giving within the context of relationship building between staff, the resident, and their family and friends. Our caring staff, many of whom have worked here since we opened in 1998, brings out the best in residents, offering personal care, security and peace of mind.

Wingate Residences at Melbourne Place really is a community, in the truest sense of the word. Please come see, and feel, for yourself why we are "The Residence of Choice for Seniors."