Brookdale Fillmore Pond - Bennington, VT

Brookdale Fillmore Pond - Bennington, VT has yet not published prices.

The staff were pleasant but the memory care area smelled like urine. The residents dementia on a whole were far more advanced then my moms therefore, it wouldn't be a good fit for her. She requires a more social environment. The facility is located close enough to NYC where visiting is possible and the facility can keep your family member when funds run out unlike a memory care facility in NYS which can be a huge consideration.

tour for care

I toured this community for care. We liked the manager who was friendly and caring. The menu was nice with a lot of variety. They have activities. We looked this community, but we did not have the feeling e were looking for. We would recommend that families tour this community for the care of a loved one

Excellent facility, staff seemed very caring, committed and professional. Will visit again with Mom before making final decision.

Jennifer Hill

We are so happy you enjoyed your visit. We hope your mom chooses to join our family here at Brookdale Fillmore Pond.

The very first facility recommended by our representative, [Removed], at A Place for Mom was Brookdale Filmore Pond in Bennington Vt. It is the perfect place for her; she is happy there and we are relieved and happy as well. From what we have seen so far and from what we also have heard from residents and their families this is a place where they truly care for their residents, and each staff member seems committed to doing an outstanding job in their specific areas. We are very pleased and very greatful for our representative. Thank you so much.

So Far Everything is Well

It is still early in the process, but so far my mother is doing pretty well since her move to this community. I know she is safe and being cared for very well. Everyone have been very kind and courteous. I'am pleased with all they have done for us. Hopefully everything continues to go in a positive direction.

lovely grounds, friendly staff, beautifully appointed, not too big, many activities, memory unit a plus,

Outstanding Meals

This is a great place, I really like this community. They are doing an amazing job caring for my mother and her needs. The community is very well-kept, everything is very nice and clean. The staff is excellent. The food is outstanding, she is very pleased with the food. There are nice activities offered daily. I know she is receiving great care and I would highly recommend this community.

Great place to live.

The people at Filmore were very pleasant and helpful in helping us to find a place for us to live. They answered all our questions and made us feel at home from the start. We found the facility to be very clean and in great condition. We have only been here 3 weeks but are finding it to be a very nice place to live.

Could Be Cleaner

From hearing what my aunt says, I would say they need to improve on their food and the cleaning that is suppose to be done with the bathroom and the apartment. We were a little disappointed with that when we last visited.

Wonderful place!

We looked into this community while looking into care options for my loved ones. Emeritus at Fillmore Pond really did a wonderful job working with us! They were patient, friendly, and very helpful throughout the whole process. My loved ones eventually decided they were not ready for a senior community, but I know Emeritus would have been a great place for them to live.

Better than the last

I think this place is an excellent choice. The level of care they offer is great. They take care of all my mothers medicine and they seem to be on top of making sure she is taking them appropriately. This place is way better than her last community. They offer way more for her to do, overall it is a lovely place and I am completely happy.

Nicest

We did a lot of research prior to selecting this community and we thought this one was the cleanest, nicest, least institutional looking places. The food is really good. There is enough parking. It’s just a really good experience.

They are a pretty good place, but there is room for improvement.

The people who serve your meals are a five, but the aides and some of the management are a four. The aides are a mixed bag, some are very good, and some are not so good. They have activities, but they didn't do a good job making sure, that there were things personalized. The food is extremely important, I would say it was a four. They have six things for lunch and for dinner to choose from. They could improve by having a medical staff available, at least to field questions. They have a very personable and aggressive in a good way, customer relations person, or salesperson. But once you get there you never see her again, there is no follow up. At first I thought she was a customer relations person, afterward I thought of her as a salesperson. People that were there permanently, were worried about the merger happening. I might go there again, but I would probably look around.

Lovely place for mom

Fillmore Pond was lovely and lively. We are looking forward to moving our mother there soon. A Place For Mom found it the first day we were looking. Completely fit our needs. Frankly, we expected a much more tiresome search.

A pretty good place

This facility is very attractive, physically, and the people who work there are very very nice, very polite and helpful. In general, however, there seems to be no genuine connection between staff and residents (how could there be? it's a job!) and virtually none between the residents themselves. Perhaps this is an impossible dream. Perhaps it is because all the residents are impaired in some way, or perhaps they're just bored. But I had hoped that my mom would find at least one or two people with whom she might develop a relationship, and that has not happened, after several months of living there. I don't observe anyone trying to make this better, encouraging her to attend events, trying to make introductions or put her together with one or two people in situations that would facilitate friendship. In addition, the activities that were so enthusiastically touted at the start seem to be rather minimal. I expected there would be regular musical events, as advertised, but this has not happened either, even though the activities director is a lovely woman who seems to be trying hard. Perhaps there are no funds for the musical events they touted? So... a bit of false advertising maybe, in conjunction with this just being a really difficult time of life for so many, has left me feeling vaguely disappointed. That said, we have no solid complaints about the management or nursing staff. My mom is well fed, clean and safe... just lonely and unhappy.

the Director was very informative. Th...

the Director was very informative. The building was clean and friendly.