Danforth Adult Care Center - Hoosick Falls, NY

A nice community

The staff seem to be taking good care of mom. They check on her often throughout the day and night. She does not like the food. The community is nice inside and out. The best way to make sure your loved one is getting good care is by visiting them often so the caregivers know who to contact. I would recommend this community.

This was not a good fit for my Mom. Although the staff seemed both caring and professional, the facility was outdated and depressing. I also noticed that a patient's call alarm (beeping alarm) continued for several minutes without being attended to. That raised obvious questions about whether my own loved one would be ignored.

The process was pleasant and professional. The staff at the Danforth are kind and caring. Communication with the care team solid. The place is clean, bright and the residents are well cared for by seasoned staff.

Very nice assisted living care

For the level of care that they provide I think Danforth Adult Care is an excellent place, but it won't be the best fit for everyone. They are an assisted living facility, so if your loved one does not need to be watched closely and just needs some general assistance this is a very nice place. The staff is friendly and professional, and the administrator has been very helpful! Unfortunately my loved one needs a bit more care than what they provide, so it has not been the best fit for us. There is also an alarm system that the staff use to keep track of the residents that goes off fairly often, and is fairly loud, which has been stressful for my loved one who suffers from PTSD.

good in ways

I looked at three dozen places in upstate New York, and they were the only ones that accepted my mom in her condition. They were pretty much the last resort. They mixed a lot of the different residents on varying levels of needs together when they really should not have been mixed. For example, there was one guy that had mental issues there that hit my mom, and of course I think suach a person like that should not be allowed around the other elderly residents.

They have been good in lots of ways, and our situation is a particularly difficult one.

Director gave a very informative tour...

Director gave a very informative tour and answered our many questions. Room were a bit small but very clean.

Looked clean but not updated, older b...

Looked clean but not updated, older building question about fire safety, ankel monitor, nurses 24/7,outside area not protected, 2 residents in 1 room. It was OK