Enduring Oaks Assisted Living - Moorpark, CA

Meets satisfatory standards but parent does not meet their criteria for dementia/hospice care since he may be combatic although this place was recommended. Also, the owner sent me to a different location on a busy street that is part of the business.

We loved this place! Located minutes from our house, we found the home to be very similar to our home, and in some respects, it was nicer. The available room was bright, clean, and sunny, and the staff very welcoming. It was very dark in the common rooms which was hard on our loved one as he can’t see well, but we were told that this was at the request of one of the residents and could be remedied. The other drawback, but not a dealbreaker, was that all other residents were female; that might take some adjustment for Dad. We were not yet ready to commit to a facility, and hope that a space will be available here when we need it.

Comfortable and homey atmosphere

I ended up picking this facility for my Mother because while I was on tour I just felt comfortable. As soon as I walked in the building and spoke with the director, it just clicked. The caregivers here create a homey atmosphere and they take really good care of my mom. The other thing I really like is they have a higher caregiver to resident ratio than other places. The staff here pays attention to the small details. When I visit, my mom is always clean and looks nice. When she is sitting in the living room, she looks comfortable and has a blanket on her lap. I would recommend this facility to other families.

Had To Remove Loved One

Placing my mom was not the best experience here. From the very beginning, nothing was easy.The owner was very disorganized due to her trying to go out of the country.It was left up to my sister and me to get my mom over there and settled we had no guidance as to what she was going to need or how to get anything done. She didn't have the proper shower setup so they would have to give her sponge baths in her bed. They did not get out of bed as often as we liked. Anytime she would need to go to the doctor it would be up to me to have to get her up and out of bed into a wheelchair and put her in the vehicle, there was no transportation. They provided no activities.

Great care for mom

My mom is very happy at this community. The staff is excellent and caring. The food is good and she is happy with the meals that are served. She participates in the activities that are available. I would recommend this for other family needing good care for a loved one.

Care & Accommodations 5-star

The administrator is very hands on and she can walk you through every facet of care needed for your loved one. She is sincere and truthful and this is a rarity in this day and age. This home is immaculate and clean. The decor is tasteful and outdoors nicely maintained. Your loved one will feel pampered and a part of the family. Put this home on your list to see today! Additional care charges may incur.