EMPIRE RANCH ALZHEIMER'S SPECIAL CARE CENTER - Folsom, CA

Although my mother in law was there only a short while great experience! Clean, loving, active, and caring staff! Highly recommend

I'm a nurse and I work with seniors who are in their final stages of life, so I visit patients in more than a dozen assisted living/ memory care facilities each week. I ignore the book-lined libraries, the marble lobbies, and the crystal chandeliers; instead I watch how the staff interacts with their residents, what kinds of activites are offered, and how safe the environment is. Empire Ranch is the best of the best.

Empire Ranch has an excellent staff to resident ratio. The caregivers know each resident very well so they anticipate the needs of each resident on an individual basis. They know who likes to take a nap at 1PM and who prefers to join in activites. Morning and afternoon are filled with choices: live music, bingo games, arts and crafts projects are offered daily with something different day throughout the week.

Their talented chef prepares fresh, delicious meals each day--complete with seasonal fruits and vegetables and ending with dessert. The residents truly enjoy meal times for the food as well as the socialization. (They also enjoy the homemade cookies and cupcakes served at snack time!)

Resident rooms are spacious and are decorated by the resident and family. The feeling of home spreads beyond each bedroom with comfy recliners providing places to rest, a livingroom just the right size so residents can converse or watch TV, and a lovely shady courtyard with pathways meandering through the garden.

The most important aspect of an assisted living or memory care facility is safety. This is usually the reason elderly family members are moved from their homes: they are no longer safe to live alone or with family--they need 24 hour care. Empire Ranch excels in safety. The residents are monitored closely, medications are given exactly as ordered by the physician, caregivers provide help with dressing, bathing, etc., and those who need extra help or attention are cared for with patience. Often, the elderly get their nights and days turned around; in these cases caregivers are there at 2AM (and all through the night) providing conversation and companionship to those who have trouble sleeping.

We may want to have our loved one at home as they age, but sometimes it's just not safe and this becomes too stressful for everyone. Empire Ranch provides the care we wish we could give and they do so with the affection and kindness our loved one deserves.

Wonderful community with caring staff. My father was at this community recently and it truly was his home. He received such loving care from all of the staff at Empire Ranch. The building itself is really nice and doesn't smell like other communities we visited. We are so happy that we chose Empire compared to other communities near by. I would highly recommend this community to anyone who is looking for a community that specializes in memory care.

What an amazing place! After being accepted and rejected three times from other places (my wife was exit seeking), we found Empire. I have never seen so many loving people, from the Administrators to the medical staff to the care givers. Everyone cares so much about what they are doing. There are activities for the residents all day long and your loved one is bound to enjoy many, if not all of them. I cannot say enough good things about the facility and the people who work there.

Empire Ranch

[Name removed] and all the staff members are the best to my mom. My mother came to live at the facility about a year ago. My mother received excellent care from everyone. From the Administrator to care givers.Just a few weeks ago my sister [name removed] lost her battle to cancer. She was my mom's care giver. Now being hundreds of miles away in Texas. I found my else lost. But, [name removed] and his wonderful staff. Made a difference.
Helping me out in a touch time. My mother is still at Empire Ranch and doing well. Hoping to bring my mom back to Texas in a few months. Its
going to be hard to have such a wonderful place like Empire Ranch Alzheimer's Care Center. A Big shout out to all the staff at Empire Ranch.
Keep up the great work....

Very nice and caring staff

My Mother-in-law lives here, it’s been pretty good so far. They’re doing a good job of caring for her and making sure she’s safe. The staff is very good and they care about her a lot. The food they serve is good. There are 2 different dining rooms, one for the residents that can feed themselves and one for the residents that can’t. What I’ve seen them feed her seems fine, it’s a lot of finger foods. The facility is kept very clean. They offer different activities like movies, Church, crafts, crochet (for those that can participate), and music. The facility also offers to take the able residents out to sight-see. I absolutely recommend them.

Mother In Good Hands

So Far I'am comfortable with my mothers move to this community. Everything is working out pretty well, and my mother is in goods hands. She is safe, and receiving good care here in this facility. It is a nice community.

I like this community!!

This is a smaller community that specializes in memory care. It is one floor and they have a couple of courtyards outside for the residents to enjoy. The staff we have met so far are friendly.

Wish we had come here sooner

We moved my Mom here almost 2 months ago from a Sunrise Memory Care. I toured 8 facilities before choosing Empire. We are so much happier here and so is my Mom. By doing Memory care only, and having 60 residents, they really have the expertise and critical mass to do a better job. The facility is bright with lots of windows and space to walk inside and outside. My Mom is taking less meds, is healthier, happier. I am not getting called all the time, and it's much less expensive than Sunrise was. We wish we had moved her here sooner.

New corporate atmosphere made it chaotic

My husband was there almost a year. The first 6 months were fine, I put him in in May and their administrator became ill and she had to leave at the end of December. Then they brought in a corporate administrator and that was...oh boy. At the time I put him in they had 33 people, but they had capacity for 62 or 63 and when the new administrator came in she seemed to make it her mantra to fill those beds. She was filling those beds but she was hiring people who were not experienced to take care of them and it was very chaotic, there were days when I came into that place where I would be helping the people. They didn't even know where my husband was and he was too far away from the dining room. He had problems walking and if he didn't want to walk to the dining room he didn't eat, they didn't bring him food besides lucerna and he lost a lot of weight. He was over medicated also and actually, some of the staff that were there said they wished they could go with me when we left.