EMPIRE RANCH ALZHEIMER'S SPECIAL CARE CENTER - Folsom, CA

EMPIRE RANCH ALZHEIMER'S SPECIAL CARE CENTER - Folsom, CA has yet not published prices.

Very nice and caring staff

My Mother-in-law lives here, it’s been pretty good so far. They’re doing a good job of caring for her and making sure she’s safe. The staff is very good and they care about her a lot. The food they serve is good. There are 2 different dining rooms, one for the residents that can feed themselves and one for the residents that can’t. What I’ve seen them feed her seems fine, it’s a lot of finger foods. The facility is kept very clean. They offer different activities like movies, Church, crafts, crochet (for those that can participate), and music. The facility also offers to take the able residents out to sight-see. I absolutely recommend them.

Mother In Good Hands

So Far I'am comfortable with my mothers move to this community. Everything is working out pretty well, and my mother is in goods hands. She is safe, and receiving good care here in this facility. It is a nice community.

I like this community!!

This is a smaller community that specializes in memory care. It is one floor and they have a couple of courtyards outside for the residents to enjoy. The staff we have met so far are friendly.

Wish we had come here sooner

We moved my Mom here almost 2 months ago from a Sunrise Memory Care. I toured 8 facilities before choosing Empire. We are so much happier here and so is my Mom. By doing Memory care only, and having 60 residents, they really have the expertise and critical mass to do a better job. The facility is bright with lots of windows and space to walk inside and outside. My Mom is taking less meds, is healthier, happier. I am not getting called all the time, and it's much less expensive than Sunrise was. We wish we had moved her here sooner.

New corporate atmosphere made it chaotic

My husband was there almost a year. The first 6 months were fine, I put him in in May and their administrator became ill and she had to leave at the end of December. Then they brought in a corporate administrator and that was...oh boy. At the time I put him in they had 33 people, but they had capacity for 62 or 63 and when the new administrator came in she seemed to make it her mantra to fill those beds. She was filling those beds but she was hiring people who were not experienced to take care of them and it was very chaotic, there were days when I came into that place where I would be helping the people. They didn't even know where my husband was and he was too far away from the dining room. He had problems walking and if he didn't want to walk to the dining room he didn't eat, they didn't bring him food besides lucerna and he lost a lot of weight. He was over medicated also and actually, some of the staff that were there said they wished they could go with me when we left.