Emerson House at River Pointe - Garden City, ID

The staff is wonderful at Emerson House. The food is good and the building and unit are very clean. I would definately recommend this facility to others. The director is very helpful and the communication is very good with the staff.

Interesting place - love the courtyards and the facilities, staff was friendly and informative. I was pleased by the activities they were having residents do. Clean, no odors.

Extremely Satisfied

We are very please and extremely satisfied with Emerson House and all the help they have been giving my brother. We are very please with the place and all the people here it's been a big improvement compared to the last place my brother was at. Emerson House was less expensive and had better care then the where he was at before. It has truly been a win win situation for everybody involved.The community is very nice and smells great does not have any foul odor's around. The executive director Eric was a outstanding person I truly felt that he cares about my brother and his well being. I would say to any body looking into senior living to take a look at Emerson House it is a great place and the people here really are caring and are really concered about your loved one well being.

A caring community

Wonderful staff!

Supportive and Helpful Staff

The nice thing I really appreciated was Eric. I had access to his cell number and could contact him anytime with any concerns I had or any issues that could come up and they were dealt with immediately. The staff was just super supportive and kind and helpful. It was a good experience. They took good care of my dad.

I thought the Executive Director was marvelous. He was truly a wonderful man and very, very helpful. The only downside in the entire operation was occasionally they were understaffed on some days.

They have been awesome

They have been awesome. They are wonderfully accommodating when we had a birthday party for her. They are courteous and prompt. They follow through with what they say they are going to do. They care about her even though she doesn't remember what's going on. They are terrific about needing two people to transfer her. They are very respectful. I can't say enough good things about them. They are just wonderful.

My 95 year old grandmother with Alzheimer's & a newly replaced hip lived here and was treated so nicely! We were all so impressed with the facility, level of care, daily inclusion, meals, and genuine kindness from every employee towards my Granny. My grandmother loved living at Morning Star but when she needed Alzheimer's & nursing home care we tried another facility first...but after three weeks, we moved her to Emerson House & we're so glad we did! I would highly recommend Emerson House!

The place was very nice.

They were very helpful the staff and director.

We are very happy them.

We are very happy them. The staff is super friendly, and they keep everything very clean. It's on the higher end of the price scale but you get what pay for. They seem to have plenty of activities. There really isn't anything I would need to see improved. They work so incredibly well with Alzheimer's and dementia patients. We chose based on, Eric, the director and his philosophy about working with the residents and where they come from, and not just medicating them for everything, and they are willing to take the time to work with the residents.

They have been doing a very good job.

They have been doing a very good job. They are clean and friendly. I think for this area they are a pretty good value. They respond quickly to concerns or requests, and have a good variety of activities as well.

Quality memory care at this facility

My mother has resided at this facility for 2 months at this point needing care for her dementia. The quality of the care is excellent. I am most impressed with the caring and skilled staff. The design of the facility is also great providing a quiet and comfortable environment for the residents.

Friendly, Caring Staff

The staff were all very friendly and all introduced themselves. They really seemed to care about helping my dad. It was a very home-like environment, as much as they could make it and was small compared to some some of the very large communities. My dad wasn't there that long so I can't really comment on the value or the activities.

Enthusastic staff attentive to their residents

The location was one of the factors for choosing Emerson House, then I met with the staff and was impressed by their professionalism and enthusiasm. Every time I've visited there has been nothing less than expected. It is a good size with only about 40-50 residents so the amount of attention the staff can give the residents is better than larger places. I am very comfortable with the care given at Emerson House at River Pointe.

Good possibility. The Director has be...

Good possibility. The Director has been very kind and helpful.

I really liked director. He has a st...

I really liked director. He has a strong knowledge base on dementia and seems to really care about the residents. Beautiful facility, but just cannot picture dad here. Still not really family like...a bit big, but clearly the best so far. Concerned that dad's problems are more physical than mental and how he would fit in here.

Toured facility and talked with Direc...

Toured facility and talked with Director.

Serving the needs of those with memory impairments is the guiding principal behind Emerson House. Personal needs have been given top priority. Emerson House has been designed to allow the professional staff to provide comprehensive twenty-four hour care. The compassionate and specially trained staff is ready to respond to emergencies, manage medicines and monitor the health of each resident according to their care plan.

Emerson House is a warm and friendly home for residents and their families. Furnishings and colors have been chosen to provide a tranquil and soothing environment that is much like home.

Daily routines are important in limiting confusion and frustration for those with memory impairments. Residents are encouraged to remain self-sufficient for as long as possible and to participate in daily routines. This may be as simple as helping serve family-style meals, folding laundry or working in the gardens. Because contributing to a community has been a part of so many residents’ lives, they are encouraged to participate in anyway they are able.