Brookdale Englewood - Englewood, FL

Grand Villa gets my recomendation!!

We used Grand Villa of Englewood for respite care for my Mother in law. The community was neat and kept clean. The staff were very nice and she liked the food. She participated in the activities offered there as well. There was no comparison to another community in the area.

Happiness

We were very happy to have my brother live at Brookdale. It looks and feels comfortable. He seems very happy.

The only complaint I have heard from my father is he didn't like the food.

They are in transition right now. The staff is helpful and friendly..

They are in transition right now. I would say that they are under staffed. The staff that they do have are very helpful, friendly, and good to my father. They have been accommodating. They take good care of him. The management staff could improve. I feel like in the beginning they sell and then after that they kind of just walk away. They are currently in transition so maybe the Brookdale Englewood will improve.

3 1/2 stars

Everything has been going pretty good at the Brookdale Englewood. It's pretty clean, just not sparkling all the time. The staff is great overall except for the executive director. Recommend.

A nice property with good staff

Its a nice property with good staff. It is also a good value. Overall, The Brookdale Englewood is a nice community. I would recommend this facility to anyone in the Englewood, FL area. Everyone is nice.

I was very at ease leaving my mom at Emeritus. It was safe and very clean. The staff was extremely friendly. Because it was only for a week the phone situation was a little difficult. The next time I will make sure my mom has a cell phone with her.

Emeritus at River Oaks

We couldn't be happier with our decision to move our father to Brookdale. Our father has dementia and while physically is very high functioning, cognitively he is beginning to deteriorate. Prior to coming to Brookdale our father was living in a dementia care unit in another facility. In his previous facility the staff were unable to adequately manage his behaviors. As a result, his ability to enjoy the day and participate in activities was restricted. He was also receiving excessive medications in an attempt to control his behavior. Since transitioning to Brookdale last February our father has flourished. He is on lower dosages of his medications and is able to participate in daily activities in the facility which help to re-orient and engage him. It's also clear each time we visit how attentive and caring all of the staff are and how much our father connects with these people. We are children who live out of state and are only able to make the trip to visit our father 2-3 times a year. It's such a relief to know that he is being so well cared for by the staff of Brookdale.

I recently visited this community to learn more about what options are available for my parents who reside in PA. My parents have always enjoyed spending three months or more in Florida at the Keys. River Oaks provides a rustic setting in a peaceful enviornment and is a must-see for those who are nature lovers and enjoy the outdoors. Spanning over 6 acres, this community gives folks the opportunity to experience all that Englewood has to offer and enjoy daily meals, activities and outings all knowing that when and if the time comes for medical attention ---it's all right there.

Brookdale Senior Living recently acquired the community and are making some great changes and improvements. This community is certainly a diamond in the rough and worth seeing.

There has been an amazing transformation at River Oaks over the past several months. They have a very stable and strong management team who have hired and trained professional and happy associates. They just had a deficiency free nursing survey by the state and are undergoing many new updates and renovation. The residents are happy and active.....go check them out and see for yourself! They are now proud members of the Brookdale family!

A Bad Experience

During the time my father was at River Oaks, it was a constant struggle to coordinate any kind of care for him. There was a turnover in high level staff, but at no time did a consistent concern for his health and well being emerge. Every time I though I'd solved a problem, another one emerged. Food at the assisted living facility (building D) was brought from the kitchen and kept in steam tables, where it sat until it was served. By that time things were not very tasty. I finally investigated another facility and removed him from River Oaks. He was very well cared for at the other facility until he passed. Financially, I was not given any kind of sensible direction in a time of great stress and can only think that the aim of the person I was dealing with was to get the most money up front out of me.

Sam Pollock

We are sorry to hear that your loved one’s time with us didn’t meet your expectations. We work diligently to ensure that all of our seniors receive the highest quality care they deserve, and are saddened when we hear we have not done so. We are pleased to have a new Executive Director as a part of our family, as well as a new Business Office Director and Resident Care Director. We invite you to reach out to our new community management team to address the concerns you have regarding your father’s stay with us at River Oaks.

Choosing to be generous in ...

Choosing to be generous in my comments... I have softened the following adjectives: untidy and worn. We appreciated the opportunity to visit.

Sam Pollock

We are sorry to hear that your tour of our community did not meet your expectations. We are pleased to inform you that we have recently been approved for minor renovations, including all new carpets. We invite you to reach out to our community management team to schedule another tour with us after our renovations are completed.

I have to agree with the first commen...

I have to agree with the first comment on this site. The facility appears to be quite pleasant until your family member actually relocates to the facility. The experience with this facility was beyond horrible!

David Virden

We are sorry that you and your loved one are dissatisfied with our community. To fully resolve your concerns, we invite you to contact our community management team. And as always, if you would prefer a more anonymous way to voice your concerns, you can contact our Ethics First program at [removed]

Should be closed down

This palce should be shut down permanently, it was terrible, just disgustingly terrible. I wrote letters and called and they're just so money hungry they don't care.
They lost her wedding ring, her cross and an afghan she made (I say "lost" but I don't know what happened to it). They treated her terribly, I found her on the floor so many times, this was terrible. We thought it was going to be beautiful and so great, I had a funny feeling about it in the beginning, but her room was nice, we decorated it and had it all done up but it was terrible.

Emeritus Senior Living

Thank you for your feedback. We are as upset to read this as you are. We have a new management team on board that would like to speak with you about this issue. If you do not feel comfortable speaking with the community, you can contact our 3rd party at www.emeritusethicsfirst.com.

Please know we take this very seriously and would like to resolve things for you and your mother.

Still Exploring options but I am VERY...

Still Exploring options but I am VERY impressed with their follow. This looks on paper to be a good choice.

Our peaceful setting, restaurant style dining experience, activities and beautiful setting combine to create a wonderful living environment every day. Our genuine caring staff, home style meals, daily activities add to our residents' experience. They will tell you they appreciate all the options while living at an Brookdale Senior Living community.

Our Family is Committed to Yours.

Amenities and Services
• Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
• Medication management
• Dining assistance and special diets
• Assistance with reminders and redirection
• Escorts and assistance with walking
• Emergency response call system