Atria Litchfield Hills - Torrington, CT

My Mother is Doing Good Here

My mother is doing well here at this community. So far it has been a good experience for her here at this community. They do a good job with the maintenance of the community. Everything is very nice and clean. So far it has been a good experience for us here at this community.

Brookdale Litchfield Hills gets my recommendation!!

They keep the community spotless.They offer a variety of activities and mom likes the exercise classes. The food is good and they offer a great variety of options for each meal. The staff are friendly, attentive and always there when she needs them.

Broodale of Litchfield Hills

Brookdale is a very warm and comfortable new home for my mom! The entire staff is extremely friendly and helpful! They are on top of everything! We are so grateful for ALL
they do!

Everyone was so nice.

Everyone was so nice, The person who was placed there no longer resides there . The facility was clean and a good value for the care and services.

A place to age with dignity

The entire experience at Emeritus has been positive. My aunt has been warmly welcomed and cared for by the entire staff, from the concierges to the maintenance staff, the nursing personnel, dining staff, and aides. The administration is always available to answer any questions. I'm particularly impressed with the way the residents are treated with respect and seem content. I hope to see my aunt become involved with her neighbors and participate in the activities. I see Emeritus as a place to age with dignity.

Caring supportive staff.

My mother just moved in 3 days ago, but Emeritis was wonderful helping her transition. She was not happy about moving into an assisted living community. She is 97 and needed more assistance. The staff was very attentive and sensitive to her. I spoke with her today and she seemed to be content. She said the food was good and the staff have been friendly and helpful.
I would recommend Emeritis at Litchfield Hills based on our experience so far.

Pleasant community, some ni...

Pleasant community, some nice features like a real fireplace in the gathering room, small sidelight windows next to the apartment doors so folks can look out into the hall/see who's at the door very easily if they wish. Staff appeared very warm and caring in their interactions with the residents. Chef was very enthusiastic and has a nice, interactive demo program for the residents. Average age of residents was about 10 years older than mom, which was a bit of a concern. Looks like they are a wonderful option for those whose loved ones have increasing memory care needs - the staff seem to be very conscious of this aspect of aging.

My dad is 82 and is actually quite mo...

My dad is 82 and is actually quite mobile after his stroke, we were told there were 3 or 4 men at emeritus, but only one was able to communicate somewhat with my dad, he doesn't have a buddy to hang out with. Also, everyone goes into there rooms after dinner. dad would love to sit outside and chat. The staff is very nice and helpful, the food has been very bad, the residents have had numerous meetings about this. I know they are in transition but it has been a few months, for the cost of the facility and having hotdogs on bread there is no excuse for that. all the other places we went to visit, the food was exceptional

Staff is the difference maker

We chose Emeritus because out of the two communities we were interested in we felt like our money would last longer here; it just fit our budget better then the other community. The memory care unit is on the basement level so there isn't much to look at. The residents and the staff members are really friendly. The staff here at the Emeritus is the difference makers when making a decision on where to put your loved one. We are very pleased with the community.

Inside pretty good. Outside space no...

Inside pretty good. Outside space not so much... porch area faces the busy road... paved path around back not that inviting. Swim access would be at YMCA in Torrington.

Located between downtown Torrington and Goshen, Atria Litchfield Hills is a vibrant community designed to help older people enjoy the benefits of an active lifestyle – and experience greater well-being.

This inviting residence offers a selection of studio, one- and two- bedroom apartments, most with a kitchenette. Just steps away are a variety of convenient amenities, including a library, arts and crafts studio, concert hall, full-service salon, and welcoming outdoor spaces such as a courtyard, patio, gardens and walking paths. A friendly, caring staff is available 24/7 to provide discreet support when needed.

For people living with Alzheimer’s or other forms of dementia, Atria Litchfield Hills offers Life Guidance® – Atria’s forward-thinking approach to memory care. Residents enjoy exercise and social engagement in a secure, thoughtfully designed space with specially trained caregivers who focus on ways to help them continue to live a fulfilling life.

Every day is a new opportunity for connection, creativity and fun. With a calendar full of events, residents can continue doing the things they love and discover new interests. From morning strolls with the walking club and painting classes to yoga and happy hours, residents can be as active and involved as they like.

Atria Senior Living is a leading operator of independent living, assisted living, supportive living and memory care communities in more than 200 locations in 27 states and seven Canadian provinces. Atria communities are home to more than 21,000 seniors and employ more than 14,800 people.