Brandywine Living at Litchfield - Litchfield, CT

Brandywine Living at Litchfield - Litchfield, CT has yet not published prices.

Review of Brandywine Living At Litchfield

The staff is overwhelmingly kind and thoughtful. The facility is very well cared for, clean and orderly very inviting atmosphere.

Review of Brandywine Living

Mom really enjoys eating in the beautiful dining room. She has lovely tables-mates. The overall facility is a cut above! My husband and I are so impressed by the dedicated staff. And, the programs are amazing! Much better than other places we visited and experimented in Texas. Very upbeat and exciting, I took a painting class with my mom! This is truly a beautiful place to be.

Review of Brandywine Living

Love everybody and everything about this facility

Review of Brandywine Living

After touring about 5 assisted living communities this is the one I chose. The service, the appearance, the people; all great.

On our first visit to Brandywine in Litchfield, Connecticut we met [Removed]. Her warm welcome and introduction to her colleagues during the tour of the facility immediately put us at ease. As we walked through the hallways her sincere kindness and consideration of each of the residents we met along the way was apparent.
[Removed] continues to answer all of our questions and addresses our concerns, as does the entire staff at Brandywine.
The Brandywine facility is beautiful and well maintained, the meals are wonderful and the atmosphere is cheerful and inviting with an extensive offering of activities.
Moving from Florida into an assisted living community has been a difficult transition for our mother, but the wonderful care and attention she receives reassures her, and us. We highly recommend Brandywine.

Superb Care in all Regards

The "add a review" section of SeniorAdvisor offers 5 categories.
I am delighted to comment on all 5, since Brandywine maxes-out on all of them. My aunt has been a resident here for one year, and over that time I've observed:
Cleanliness -- this past year, Brandywine added resident rooms and refurbished/redecorated the entire facility. At no time did this overhaul (it looked great even before the refresh) compromise cleanliness. My aunt's own one room apartment has always been spotless -- weekly cleaning is thorough.
Friendliness -- staff at every level is upbeat and cordial, greeting my aunt by name (keeping it personal). Housekeeping, dining room staff, lobby reception, administration, nursing -- even maintenance -- all contribute to a friendly, cheerful atmosphere. My aunt has no short term memory but she always comments "this is a great place!"
Value -- the care that my aunt receives is priceless, but, of course, it has a price. There is no question in my mind -- and the minds of other family members entrusted with her care -- that Brandywine is a fabulous value. We researched other facilities but are confident that this is better value than the monthly fee.
Care services -- Exceptional. From medication administration to monitoring behavior, attendance for meals, personal hygiene, my aunt is in the best hands. Brandywine is flexible with special needs and tailors services to correspond to needs. They have also been extremely helpful in assisting with decisions on care from their wealth of experience.
Activities -- My aunt is not a "joiner" -- a single, very independent self-starter all her life -- so group activities don't typically appeal to her. Brandywine's staff has been successful in getting her to join-in from time to time, and respects her wishes when she says "no." There's a calendar of daily activities that relates to myriad interests; I've observed song sessions, bingo, shuttle bus departures for area restaurants and concerts on the town green, craft programs (and on and on).
My cousins and I sleep nights, knowing our aunt is safe, cared-for, well-fed, respected and -- well -- loved. Brandywine is perfect for her -- and us.

Brandyreview

My Grandmother has been living at Brandywine for four years now. My first impression of Brandywine was that it is a fancy hotel, giving the residents their independence while providing them with daily needs (meals / housekeeping / laundry / activities). All of the staff members at Brandywine are wonderful, welcoming and helpful. There is nursing staff available 24/7 and they are always available to speak with me regarding any concerns I might have. All of the management staff has also always been helpful and supportive when I needed to make important decisions.

Home Away From Home

We moved our mother up to Litchfield from another Assisted Living facility in NY We were worried about her being lonely and far away from where she lived all her life, but we needed her to be closer to us. She has thrived at Brandywine and it puts our mind at ease knowing she is in such good and caring hands. Everyone knows her , it seems, as well as we do! If we call, or go there, they always ask us how she is, or tell us something about her or what she said, or just tell her they say hello-it is all truly genuine. We are very pleased with Brandywine and have recommended it to others. It is truly a home away form home.

The best!

My dad has been at Brandywine for about three years, and we have been pleased with every aspect of his care. From the moment Dad first, hesitantly, walked in the door, and through several transitions in the levels and kinds of care he has required, the staff has far exceeded not only our expectations but even our hopes. Every member of the staff has been immediately and helpfully responsive to all of our questions and requests, and we have been kept informed of every important issue my dad has faced. We may struggle to meet the cost sometimes, but that would be true in any facility of this quality, and it is well worth it to know that Dad is safe, active, and happy, surrounded by new friends and by professionals who are dedicated to addressing his health and social needs.

College dorm for seniors!!! LOVE IT....

My mother has been a resident at Brandywine for just over 2 years and since I live in the Chicago area, it has been incredibly reassuring to know she is in such great hands. I always tell her that she is living in a college dorm for the elderly! People are friendly, Lindsay the Community Relations Director is awesome and has visited my mom in the hospital on several occasions when she went in for hip surgery. The staff keeps them busy and it's difficult to get in touch with mom because she's always doing things. I grew up in Litchfield and mom has friends from there, but has also made new friends with folks who have come in from all over. They also go on field trips to places that have special meaning to mom, as well as to places she never really took the time to see while she and dad were raising us. Her room is always clean, the food is great and the community engagement is terrific.

Mom's new home

After many years of living alone in her home, Mom moved to Brandywine after breaking her hip. My sisters and I were concerned for her well-being - physical and emotional - and Mom made the decision to move to Brandywine. Within a short period of time, we saw her former "social self" re-emerge! She made new friends and joined in numerous daily activities. The staff are caring, friendly, and willing to do whatever it takes to make their residents comfortable and happy. We no longer have to worry about Mom's safety or her feelings of isolation. She couldn't be living in a better place.

Peace of mind

Brandy Wine Assisted of Living in Litchfield Ct
Our mother has been there a little over a year. She has accumulated extremely well. The staff is wonderful and keeps her busy. It's been a very good experience. It gives us a peace of mind by having her there.

Living with dignity

My husband and I started researching on line for an assisted living facility for my parents. That search led to four potential facilities.

We visited all four facilities, several times focusing on available care, staff interaction and demeanor, meals, apartment size, programs, atmosphere and cost. Cost between all on the surface was close. All other services appeared similar.

Brandywine started to out shine all others with their assessment form. It was all inclusive with no surprises. It detailed what the cost would be for my parents current required care, and anticipated future cost should their care level needs increase.

We visited Brandywine many times and spoke with Associates, Directors, Nurses, CNA's and Aids. We found all to be very personable and professional. My Parents have been living at Brandywine going on four months and It Is very comforting to see how warm, friendly and professional all are to them both. Physical care, food, entertainment, activities far exceeds all our expectations. The time and extra steps taken by the staff to make them comfortable is commendable.

Very much impressed with all aspects.

Very much impressed with all aspects. Very pleased with admissions and the head nurse. It's very clean and the programs they offer seem to be right in line and their individual attention was great! The only thing I can think of that could be improved, and I don't even want to say it is maybe a bigger parking area, and I think they are planning on that anyway.

Empty Promises

After our loved one was here only a short amount of time, our loved one fell and was injured. It seemed like they were not caring for our loved one. They didn't provide the services they advertised. The administrative staff promises one things but the medical staff delivers something else.

If money is not an issue this is it

Brandywine is a really nice community and very pretty. The staff is really friendly and they have plenty of activities for the residents to participate in if they chose to. If money was not a factor this is the community we would have chose. Our money would just not have been able to keep us in this community for a long period of time. Overall it is a very nice community and if it was within budget we would have chose Brandywine.

Nice facility, a little far out. Impr...

Nice facility, a little far out. Impressed by the fact that they have 24 hour/day RN coverage in house.

definitely in the running would lik...

definitely in the running would like to bring my sister to see

An Outstanding Location:
Brandywine Living at Litchfield is ideally situated in the historic New England town of Litchfield. It is within walking distance of Litchfield Green, the hub of cultural and social activity in this picturesque locale.

A Vibrant Lifestyle:
For fun, you may find our residents in the Club Room, enjoying Center Stage Entertainment, Men’s Club, and Card Sharks, or classic movies in our theatre…with fresh popcorn! In fact, Litchfield offers an abundance of choices (Escapades…for Life!) for your entertainment and delight. If all this fun gives you an appetite, enjoy the ultimate choice with our All-Day Dining program. And, of course, you know that your beautiful suite and private bath await you…whenever.

A Commitment to Quality:
All the time you know that we are here with our caring team, including licensed nurses, All Day, All Night, On-Site, should you need us. And you have the comfort of knowing that at Litchfield, as with all Brandywine communities, our commitment to quality, training, staffing, personal care, and regulatory standards is apparent in all we do. If you are looking for security and peace of mind, relax…we’re here.