Brookdale Alamo Heights - San Antonio, TX

Emeritus at Lincoln Heights (formerly Brighton Gardens) provides assisted living in an apartment-style setting that offers the simple pleasures - nutritious food, comfortable surroundings, and the support of a warm, caring and competent staff. Our Skilled Nursing Center emphasizes resident care and dignity in private or shared accommodations. We offer a variety of nursing care and support services including 24-hour skilled nursing care, post hospital and post surgical care, rehabilitation, restorative care, coordination of physician and pharmacy services and family counseling. A Short Stay or Respite Program for seniors who need short-term care may also be available. It is the ideal alternative for recuperating after a hospital stay, while family caregivers are on vacation or if you just want to try out assisted living. Please call for more information or to schedule a visit to find out how Emeritus at Lincoln Heights can enrich your life or the life of a loved one.

Over view

My mother entered Brookdale Alamo Heights recently at the age of 90. She was able to stay in her home for a long time, but it was no longer safe for her to be alone. Brookdale has been a great place for Mom. She is very social and there are activities every day. She has gained some much needed weight as the food tastes good and looks good. Her assistance care has helped her become secure. The caregivers are kind and patient with her.
I hardly recommend Brookdale Alamo Haights.

My Aunt Is Doing Well Here

Everything has worked out very well for my aunt here at this community. It has been a lovely experience, they are caring for her very well. The community looks great, everything is nice and clean. I'am comfortable with the care they are providing her with. This is a community I would recommend.

Loved this place. So warm and welcoming. Anne Zbinden was so very helpful. Unfortunately this was just not going to be a good fit for my Dad. We were sad..Check this place out.

Happy with Everything

I am actually very happy with everything. The nursing staff is good. The only thing I would say is that we are paying for the highest level of care and I do not know if they are actually coming in every two hours every night, which is what we pay for. She has had a few falls and some incontinence. Everything else is okay though.

Alamo heights visit

Very friendly and cheerful.
Residents seemed to be happy, enjoying themselves, and actively engaged in activities
Staff was very helpful, thorough and professional
Food tasted great good size portions
Halls activity rooms very clean

Communication Could Improve

An area of improvement that Brookdale Alamo Heights could work on would be the communication from the health director down to the caregivers, regarding care for the new residents that just move in to the place.

She is happy

At Brookdale Alamo Heights friendliness is a 5+. The staff is just wonderful. My sister has special needs and they have bee wonderful taking care of her. They make sure she is comfortable. It has been great so far. She is happy there and that is a plus!

Looked like a nice place!

I toured this community while looking into care options for a loved one. The facility was well kept and clean, and all of the staff I met seemed friendly and professional. It was a little on the expensive side, however. We ended up selecting another community, but this is somewhere I would have considered as an option for my loved one.

very friendly

The friendliness of all the staff, especially the nursing staff, is really impressive. The activities that they have are really good, but they are the same each month and could certainly use a little variety. They should have a committee for activities with some of the elderly members on it. I know that they have one for food. They should have one for activities as well.

That is one area where they could improve, but on the whole we are very impressed with Brookdale Alamo Heights and would recommend them.

We love this location and the staff. If Mom and I do get to go on a trip back to Indiana, we will use this location to take care of my Father while we are gone.

Friendly and communicative staff!

They've done a fantastic job so far at Brookdale Alamo Heights, I'd rate them higher than 5 if I could! I live out of state and they have been really on top of communication, which is a huge load off of my mind! They'll notify me of any sort of change in her mood or habits, and I really appreciate it. I don't get to visit often, but from what I have seen the facility itself is nice, and the staff are friendly!

Lots of Activities

They have a lot of activities. I think it’s a good choice. My loved one didn’t got to the dining room in her old community, but she does now, so the food must be okay. The parking is okay. We selected it for the floor plans and the price.

This team is amazing!

We could not have been treated
better! Everyone from our advisor
to our wonderful coordinator
Anne answered all our questions
and concerns, returned phone calls
promptly and made our transition
very easy. I love this group!

Lincoln Heights

Mother has now been in Lincoln Heights for about 5 months. Before I moved her in there I gave the director Boyd moms Long Term Care Policy (a copy) . They were checking on it and what they paid IF she went into the asst. living part, after rehab. Well she went int Asst. Living around mid Dec. close to the end and we were told many times not to worry moms LTC would pay up tp 125.00 a day and that it what it costs. Well we ended up moving her into a room that was 1000.00 a month cheaper. They rushed us in there said her deposit or the 1000.00 community fee would hold it then all of a sudden we had to rush her in there. I think it was because xmas was soon and they didnt want to mess with it. So we got her in there and for the last 2 months we keep getting these threating letters (past due) from L.H. and 150.00 late fee they had not gotten their money. Last bill $10,4??.??. Come to find out someone had misplaced her file or her policy and they L.H. never followed thru because they couldnt find the paper work when all along in person they told us they were working on it!! They asked me if mom could pay the bill and LTC would pay her back . Well as far as Im concerned they made the mistake what ever they will amit to and it is not my mother fault and no she wont pay them because then she has to go thru all sorts of stuff to get it back. My sugestion is L.H. can pay the bill and mother's LTC can pay them back. They must be doing something right now because all these forms are coming now from mom's Long Term Care. I think you all should know this also Boyd is no longer there. I was always told at work and I think it is perfect for this. Your company is only as strong as it's weakest link. Also moms not to happy with the food. The desserts are Great but the main meals most the time I would not even eat. But I do understand everyone gets used to the way they cook and you cant please everyone.

A nice community

This is a nice place, overall. It is clean, looks nice, and the staff have all been friendly. They provide a good variety of activities, and while the price is high, it seems to be competitive with others in the area.

Really bad fit for people with high care needs

I dont want to say poo poo Emeritus completely but they weren't able to handle our situation. My step dad could never get out of rehab and they basically were not taking care of him there. He was somebody that needed a lot of care, our private caregiver was the one who would notice that things would be wrong and would call the hospital, not the people at Emeritus.
For people with a lot of dementia [removed] even though I thought this was not going to be hard for mother to move in this place, so she was disoriented, she couldn't find her room and was always so lost, it was like a maze in there. For people who don't need a lot of care or aren't too bad with their memory then this would probably be alright for them but our solution has been to have him live with our caregiver and this is the first time we've finally gotten a break.

Amazing Everyday Staff

My mother-in-law moved from the assisted living here to the skilled nursing. It's one big building, just different wings and different staff. They are really good with the activities!

I haven't been really happy with the responsiveness of the doctors that are associated with the facility but I find that the young men and women who do the everyday contact with the patients are amazingly awesome! They are lovely and caring people. Sometimes my mother-in-law complains about the staff and even though we visit everyday it's hard to know which complaints to address and which ones are just her having a bad day and forgetting things.

Very nice and helpful. Send...

Very nice and helpful. Sending a nurse over to see what help dad would need and will get back with me.

Did not like, smelled

Did not like, smelled

Very nice facility.

Very nice facility.

We visited on 10/14 and really liked ...

We visited on 10/14 and really liked it. We have scheduled a visit and lunch with director.

Great place. Lots of options.

Great place. Lots of options.

She is interested. They can get ligh...

She is interested. They can get lighter color carpet.

beautiful place and area around quarry