Brookdale Kirkland - Kirkland, WA

Nice, large rooms, and great head nurse, but little to no outside areas, and somewhat limited common areas.

Good Facility, Nice staff, need better activities

Friendly staff. Nice dining room. Activities need to be updated and have more musical entertainment and smaller outings to stimulating places. Understaffed so not all care needs are met. Should find a way to better help the residents that need more help.

We are satisfied with the staff at Brookdale!!!

Mom thinks the food is bland. She would like to see a few more activities. She is still settling in and things are so far so good. This is an assisted living community and I would recommend it.

Lovely people, so-so facility

All the staff at Brookdale in Kirkland were attentive and professional, did their best to attend to my husband's respite needs and desires and to make him comfortable during his short stay. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this facility.

Brookdale of Kirkland Really Cares about their residents

We have had a loved one here as a resident for two years. It is a wonderful, caring place for elderly relatives. The staff is empathetic, enthusiastic, and qualified. The director, Earline, is involved directly and daily---and knows every resident by name. The nursing staff, especially, Margaret, is terrific. We have a spacious one-bedroom suite. Any maintenance issue is addressed promptly. The lobby is bright and cheerful, with music from a CD player. The activities are varied; we were given a survey to ask for residents opinions on what they want. There is a regular food service meeting for input, Bottom line, we feel that Brookdale of Kirkland really cares about their residents.

Please Not Here

I would not recommend this place. The food is so so, nothing to write home about. The staff that takes care of the residents are find, but they are woefully understaffed. Apparently they don't want to pay more to get more caregivers. The maintenance department consists of one person. He is pulled in so many directions that not much gets done. He was told not to work overtime. Since he is the only one, that doesn't make much sense. I have had issued with having work get done that I need. I can wait months for different things to be repaired.

warm inviting place, failed to meet some expectations

The facility itself is very inviting when we walk in. As soon as you enter the facility it is very warm and inviting.

They have good activities listed, but unfortunately nobody participates so they never happen.

From my experience, it seems like they promise you the moon, but the reality is not the same. The staff gets pulled in a lot of different directions and it takes a while for things to get done. For example, it took over a month for my mothers room to get set up. They should be more transparent about what to expect.

All that said my mother is very happy there and is getting better care than she has at prior places, and for the same price.

Would not recommend this place. Food was terrible can't even figure out what the food is half the time. All residents are very depressed. No Holiday celebrations. Not enough staff to take care of residents. Wheelchair bound patient sit for hour waiting for help from aid for long times

best value in the area

Very nice facility. Good staff and the best value in the area (less expensive than several others.)

"They take better care of me than I could ever do myself..."

This facility is clean and well-maintained. Carpets and paint and fixtures are updated regularly. It looks like a mid-priced hotel more than anything else. The food is good, but the meats are generally overcooked. No rare steak or lamb here, but that's probably true of most elder-care places. The nursing staff has been wonderful to work with. The office staff doesn't follow up as often or as quickly as I'd like since the senior in my life moved in, but thankfully most of what I need to know comes from the nurses anyway. Staff is friendly, courteous, engaging, and kind. The senior I helped to move into this facility was angry, resentful, and belligerent about being moved there for the first 5-7 weeks, but since about week 7, he is happy to be there, has made friends with the other residents (who are considerably older than him), and now tells me that "they take better care of me than I could ever do myself". Medication monitoring was a crucial element, and it has been a godsend, stabilizing issues that had been out of control while he was handling his own meds. I resisted completing a review for a long while because I just didn't know how things were going to work out, but it's been a very positive experience.

A lot of transition changes but a ver...

A lot of transition changes but a very nice facility.

6/27/14 I went here last ye...

6/27/14 I went here last year and it was okay, I don't recall having it be 'this is it'. Still an option, but would like to see others and maybe go back again.

This place was great. Clean...

This place was great. Clean, attractive, cheerful. Rooms, including studios, are spacious. Common areas are inviting. Staff and residents seemed to enjoy a cheerful rapport. The only thing missing, in hindsight, is an outdoor space for residents to enjoy nice weather; web-site shows a covered patio, so perhaps I just wasn't shown it... it was raining when I toured. I hope to get him in here shortly, but was told he could go to Emeritus at Bellevue on respite care if the wait is too long, and then get transferred here when a room becomes available.

Older building, facilites ok, residen...

Older building, facilites ok, residents looked depressed.

living at an Brookdale Senior Living community.

delight in showing you our home.

Our Family is Committed to Yours.