Brookdale Pinehurst Park - Denver, CO

living at an Brookdale Senior Living community.

delight in showing you our home.

Our Family is Committed to Yours.

Perfect Place

We love this community we don't live here so we communicate a lot over the phone and we feel like family with them. It was so welcoming when we first toured and the caregivers are amazing and helpful. They are very pleasant and address all our needs. It is very clean and tidy. The food is great and he gets meals 3x a day. The grounds are beautifully landscaped and lots of trees and nature. He can go for walks if he would like to. I would recommend this community.

We like this community

The staff have been great about helping mom adjust to living at this community. They are encouraging and attentive. The community is well taken care of inside and out. They offer daily activities and I would recommend this community.

A community with care

I toured this community and liked the staff who were able to answer the questions that we had. The menu seemed to be appealing. We liked the list of the activiites they offer to the residents. This is a clean community with a nice enviroment.Thid community was further away for me to visit often, but very nice We do recommend this community for families to tour for the care of a loved one.

Don't fall for a cheaper rate

My dad was staying at Brookdale Arvada and was told that Brookdale Pinehurst park woul be less expensive and it was upon move in. However a month later they raised the rates by $600 because the felt he was unable to dress himself. So, right off the bat I was right where I started. Make sure that all of your loved ones needs are evaluated properly before moving them because this was a complete waste of my time. I also hate the fact that no one is at the front after 5, so it makes it almost impossible to visit after work. This is another reason why I moved him because he is closer to my work and it would have been easier to visit. Certian residents can be overbearing making my visits uncomfortable.

A Tour Not Needed

Before setting up my tour, I was told this community can give insulin shots. When I arrived and asked the question again, I was told they were only able to give 2 shots. I needed more than 2 and decided not to see the community. I was upset with the misleading information, I did not have time to waste. They seemed to have nice staff and a clean place.

Seeing The Support Before Moving In

My mom is not here yet but I have had help from this community already. They will be sending a nurse to pick my mom up and take her to her new home. They have been nothing but helpful through the process and I am glad to see this before moving in. A Place For Mom has been very wonderful and helpful. I appreciate the support through the transition.

Wonderful Memory Care Residence

I moved my mother to Brookdale Pinehurst Park in Oct. 2015. They were in the middle of a major renovation of the property. The staff and residents experienced many daily challenges with with various tradesmen remodeling, painting, updating appliances, facilities and furniture. Throughout this process the staff worked very hard to keep things as normal as possible for the residents.
I couldn't be happier with the staff and the renovation is spectacular. Life is constantly changing for residents and their families. So far, the Brookdale staff has been wonderful to my Mom and myself. I would recommend this community to anyone looking for a Memory Care Resident for a loved one.

They were in the process of remodeling. My biggest complaint is the exhaust fan in the bathroom switch was broken and it wasn't working.

Very calming environment. Cost is manageable. Orientation was very professional. We felt Hunter was very honest when answering our questions. Would have liked to see interaction between staff and residents. Overall very pleased.

was happy, but went elsewhere

I was very happy with what they told me when I was there for the orientation. In the end we decided on another place, and the decision really came down to price. They were more expensive than what I was able to find at a comparable care facility.

Very home-like ~ kind, patient & loving.

This was a most wonderful home for my Mom. Very NOT fancy, VERY home-like. The caregivers are absolutely WONDERFUL ~ kind, patient, truly loving, and always maintain a sense of humor. Each resident is respected and treated as an individual whose life has been interesting and meaningful. The more time I spent there visiting, the fonder I became of the place, the caregivers, and the other residents. I highly recommend it!

not even with a ten foot pole

As a family member I have been treated with disdain and disrespect by the director of this facility. It seems they are very wary of any one spending time here. Residents have been found outside in the snow with no Idea how long they have been lying there. Mom has been found with her pull ups around her knees from the weight of urine on more than one occasion. Many times she has had wet pants with terrible odor from not being changed. The disrespect from a couple of workers is evidence of their immaturity and unprofessionalism. The turn around in staff is appalling, causing lack of continuity and a lot of chaos. Lack of training is quite obvious when family members end up teaching staff about residents needs and then end up getting in trouble for it from a threatening and mocking director. Avoid this place at all costs!!!88888

Sam Pollock

We are troubled by your comments regarding the care you feel your mother is receiving. We have received no complaints from your mother’s Power of Attorney regarding her care. Your mother does not display any of the side effects of a lack of changing her soiled pants. Please rest assured that we work diligently to give each of our residents the highest quality of care.
Also, we take great care to assure that our staff is trained to give our seniors the care they deserve. In addition to the initial and ongoing training our staff receives from our Memory Care Program Director, each of our staff members has an eight-hour “Join Their Journey” training, as well as monthly “Join Their Journey” in-service trainings.
Our community is entirely memory care, and during the day time, the doors to the outside area are unlocked for residents. That being said, the resident mentioned was outside for about 5-10 minutes, although he was not lying in the snow. Not even one mistake is acceptable to us, even when we have taken every reasonable precaution to prevent it. When we do make a mistake, we respond quickly and thoroughly, so we can remedy any problems. That’s why we had a mandatory meeting for all staff members to show them how to manually lock the doors when the weather turns bad during the day, and this training is now a part of our new hire training.

Emeritus at Denver ... Caveat Emptor

My father was at Emeritus at Denver for 3 years. When he first moved into the facility, we would have given much higher ratings. Unfortunately, as the cost per month went up, the caregiving and overall quality went down. There were two or three outstanding assistants, however, the overall quality of care was on the decline after the first year.

In general, we would not recommend this facility for your loved one.

Sam Pollock

We are sorry that your experience with us did not meet you and your loved one’s expectations. Please rest assured that our staff is highly committed to serving our seniors, and many of our Denver staff members have been with us for over five years. If you have any further concerns regarding your experience in our community, we invite you to contact our community management team.