Brookdale Southgate - Saint George, UT

Don't bring your loved one to Memory Care here

It has been a couple of years but I hate this place for what they did to my husband. I don't know anything about the assisted living and I'm sure that it's a totally different ballgame. In fact, I've heard wonderful things about other Brookdale locations. But my husband was in Memory Care for 3 weeks until he lost 22 pounds (in those 3 weeks) and came down with pneumonia--after which I cared for him at home. He was fairly helpless and they did nothing for him--they didn't help him change his clothes, help him in the bathroom, and worst of all, they didn't help him eat. Their food was terrible and he wouldn't eat it even when I hired my own people to take care of him for part of the day. I think the problem was the upper management--the pay for the employees--and the fact that they refused to hire enough employees.

Clean and friendly atmosphere

All of the staff members at this facility have been friendly and they have done what they said they would do. I ended up picking this community over everyone else because they did have the friendly atmosphere. The facility is clean and tidy without feeling institutionalized. They have a nice dining room and my Sister loves the food. For activities they have card games, Christmas programs, and Wii bowling. I would recommend this community to other families.

Community c are

I toured this community for the options of care for my mom.The staff seemed to be nice and they were helpful. The community has a nice menu and activities. We did not want a community that appeared to be dark and we were not happy with the environment. Families might want to see this community for the options of care

Comfortable Care!!

My dear friend has recently made the move into this community and so far things have been going well for her. The staff made the transition easy and I am comfortable with the quality of care that she has been receiving. She has had no complaints about the meals and is making the best of her time there so far. Overall it has been a perfect fit and we are very happy with the outcome.

A tour for care

We toured this community for the care for my mom. We like the environment. We like that they were able to give me the information that was needed. We would recommend that families tour this community. We wanted a community that had a different type of environment at this time.

Outstanding care and value

We like this community for the excellent care and the wonderful staff that are very caring. The menu is outstanding and I like knowing that she likes the menu. We are happy that she is active with the other residents in a lot of the wonderful activities that are offered. We have recommended this community to others looking for a great value for outstanding care.

Helpful Staff!!

The staff at this community where very friendly to my loved one and I during our tour and gave us lots of great information of there facility and everything they had to offer. The building was east to navigate through and they had lots of great amenities available to all of the residents. I would defiantly recommend this place to anyone interested.

Tour for my father's care

I toured this community for the care for my father. The staff were nice and did answer the questions. The community was clean and they did offer activities to the residents. My father said that he did not feel as comfortable here. I would suggest that families tour this community for the care of a loved one.

Not my favorite!

I also toured Brookdale Southgate. The person that took me around was very friendly, but the place was very confined and dark. There were long dark hallways. My thought was, if I was going to be in an apartment all day, I want to be able to leave and go somewhere like a nice courtyard or a walking trail. This facility did not provide that.

Great facility--to far away--on other side of St. George.

A Cozy Community

On our initial tour we saw that this is not like a nursing home. So far it is going really good for my mom. She is doing physical therapy now and soon she will be able to participate in the activities they offer. I like that they can line up all her doctor appointments and take her to to where she needs to go. She is not too happy with her meals but they are working to add what she likes. I would recommend this community to those who need it.

Liked The Community Being Close

My mom is doing fine since moving into the community. The are fine in keeping the community clean and giving very good care. She is happy with the activities and the meals that is served. I picked them because they are very close and accessible and clean. The price was best for us too.

No windows in the bedroom!!

During my tour of the Brookdale Southgate, I noticed that the place was not very clean. I did not like the energy there. When the tour guide took me to see the apartment, it was small and the bedroom did not have a window. Seeing this made my choice to choose another community a lot easier.

This is the one we are going with. Very and friendly and helpful, clean the right size, had everything my Mom likes.

An Honest Tour

The lady who gave us the tour was very nice. It seemed like a clean facility with happy people. They told us that my mom needed more attention and they were not a right fit for level of care. I appreciated their honesty and they were upfront.

Just Lovely

It was a smooth move in for us. I loved the sales manger, she did a great job touring us around. I love everything about the place. I was excited to moved in and did not look any further. It is a perfect community and in a perfect location.

Good Care

My mom is doing very well here at this community. the staff is excellent and always very caring and considerate. The food is good and a nice variety good portions. Very clean on the inside and outsid . I would recommend this for others needing good care for family.

I Took A Peek At This Community

I liked what I saw in the community. They showed me the whole place and the rooms. The guide gave me paperwork and they answered all my questions. My thoughts of the place was good but I was not feeling an amazing energy here. i did not see my mom staying here.

great choice

I interviewed tree different facilities before choosing Brookdale. I needed a facility that would allow a cat. The marketing directors at all facilities were very friendly. One didn't smell very good and it seemed a bit confusing which I didn't want with a patient with Dementia. One was nice, but the rooms were odd shapes and not as nice as I wanted.
I was totally satisfied with the Brookdale Southgat. It was clean, the staff was friendly, the rooms had all been freshly painted and spacious. We are on our second month, and I couldn't have made a better choice.

Excellent Staff

My mother is doing great here at this community. I'am very pleased. They are doing an excellent job caring for her. The community is nice and clean, my mother room is well-kept. The staff is great they are very patient. One that I had to work on with the staff was the way my mother eats. They have been very compromising and accommodating. I know she is in good hands and receiving great care. I would recommend it.

A Wonderful Experience

This has truly been a wonderful experience, my mother is doing great at this community. They are doing a very good job caring for her. The community looks great, everything is always nice and clean. We couldn't be happier with this community. She has become very active and participates in many activities. The food is great, she really enjoys the meals. I'am very confident about the care she is receiving. I would absolutely recommend this community.

We have been very happy with Brookdale so far.

We have been very happy with Brookdale so far. The only issue we had so far was addressed right away when we brought it up. I think they deserve a positive score.

They Did Well

They did well in getting my loved one set up and transitioned into the facility. They were very friendly and on the ball with getting everything done. They need to improve on hiring people who have experience, especially in the memory care unit.

So far pretty good

So far, this seems to be a pretty good place. I am pleased with the staff, the care of the residents, and the activity level. I really do not have any complaints as we have not been here long. There were a couple of small problems at the beginning, but nothing worth mentioning.

They Have Done Well

I don't know if they can improve on anything, they have done well. They have been super as far as taking care of everything. They have been good with giving me information and following-up and helping me out.

It Seemed Great

It all seemed fine, it seemed great. It is just a tough situation for people going in there, so you are battling a lot of different things if the person does not have the right attitude. It was great though.

My Mother Enjoys It

I guess the Emeritus at Cliff View could improve on their furniture being updated a little bit. The meals seem to be okay though. I have not been there much myself, so this all just comes from my mother.

Super nice place!

Beautiful facility with very friendly and qualified staff. The apartments are spacious enough with walk in closet, extra storage in kitchen/bar area that you usually don't see in other communities.

Feels like home with help!

A beautiful facility that is well staffed and managed. My mom enjoyed the activities and just being able to sit out on the patio with view of the golf course. Recently remodeled so it looks so fresh and new!

Its been pretty good

Its been pretty good. I found the people to be very helpful and friendly. I have some concerns about the food. They have a menu on the website and they don't serve those meals. The staff has been awesome and personable. They are very helpful.

We are very happy with them, and she is doing well there.

We are very happy with them, and she is doing well there. They do a good job with the food. It's well kept, and the staff is friendly. We are having a little bit of trouble with the hot water, but other than that everything is good.

Needs Little Improvement

Seems to be a very nice place meals are given and staff is friendly.

Pleased with results

Very helpful. Always respond to my inquires. accomodating and supportive. Rooms are clean and nice. Staff is friendly and helpful

Loved this place. It was roomy, the rooms are big and bath and shower are right there in the rooms. I saw lots of smiles and the attendants were on the ball. I think my mom will find peace and caring at this facility. Also Maria Bailey has such a great understanding of the needs of the patients and their family. I am so impressed with this place. It is beautiful and modern and I feel my mom would benefit from living at the Emeritus.

So far it's been great! I haven't gotten to visit a whole lot yet, but I haven't had any complaints or concerns. It seems to be clean, and the staff has been friendly. There really aren't any major issues. We are pretty happy with it.

very good place to take care of my 94...

very good place to take care of my 94 year old mom.Great nuring staff.

It's a good place, but it just wasn't a great fit.

This wasn't a great fit for us. They don't have any in house physical therapy, they just house you. We would have weekly meetings and at one of those they just dropped it on us. My problem with them was the price kept going up and up and up. The room itself is a couple thousand and then they add for level of care. It's a lot. It's a good place, but it just wasn't a great fit.

Respite care

We used this community briefly for some respite care, and overall I thought they did a good job, but there were definitely a few things that could be improved upon. The level of care wasn't quite as high as we had hoped, there wasn't as much of an employee presence in the common areas. They could also do a much better job with the food. We also did not have a good experience with the person at the front desk, they didn't have answers when we had a question, and didn't make any effort to find someone would could help us. Overall they did a serviceable job, but it felt more like a for profit place than a caring place.

The staff was very good.

The staff was very good. It’s a very clean. We use the community as respite. I’m very satisfied with the care services. They have a community room to play cards and they take them for rides. I understand the meals are very good.

Cliff View was clean and sm...

Cliff View was clean and smelled good. The food was average. The apartments were very small and had either a close up view of big power transformers and the freeway or the parking lot. The staff ratio of 1 CNA to 28 patients was concerning. There were no other couples living there, which was disappointing. Staff was kind and informative. We will keep looking.

They are very friendly and very caring.

I have tried the food, and I found it pretty good, but I get a feeling it's up and down, so I would say a 3.5. I would like to see healthier food, they do have to comply with certain standards for health but I think it could be a little healthier. They are very friendly and very caring. Sometimes there can be a little of a negative influence from some other residents, it would be nice if the caregivers would notice that and help to lift her up when she gets a little down, that would be great.