Brookdale Glendale - Glendale, CA

We offer a home like setting and cheerful smiles from our professional staff who greet you everyday. Our caring staff offers the assistance you need while respecting your independence.

Our peaceful setting, restaurant style dining experience, activities and beautiful setting combine to create a wonderful living environment everyday. Our genuine caring staff, home style meals, daily activities add to our residents' experience. They will tell you they appreciate all the options while living at an Brookdale Senior Living community.

Our Family is Committed to Yours.® License #197602411

Depressing and not well maintained place. Terrible food.

More activities!

I would recommend the Brookdale to anyone who is looking for a place with a variety of activities and more freedom. They do not have things like assigned dining room seats or set times to do things. It is a very nice facility and the people are great.

A lot of people!

The Brookdale Glendale was a nice older facility. When we walked in, I noticed there was a lot of people there. One thing I looked for was the staff to resident ratio. The place was clean but it was not what we were looking for.

Needs some improvement...

The Brookdale is nice and the food is good, my mother is happy there. The advice that I have for anyone looking is to beware of [Removed]. She is the business director and she is very tricky. I am not sure if it is intentional or not, but the way she words things are not right. There are a few things on my current contract that have changed and I am still trying to straighten things out.

Brookdale Glendale

Outside front has a nice small park across the street on an island. Street is culdesac. Facility is intimate but areas to participate in activities is limited. Staff appears to be very friendly but the billing system is a bit screwy. Be very careful of how the finances part of the contract is drawn up. Make sure you get everything written into it exactly as they promise it to you.

A Good Home

When I was looking for a home for my father-in -law, I had a few criteria in mind: cleanliness, atmosphere, staff friendliness and food quality and overall cost. Glendale Brookdale scored the highest among the homes that we have visited. My father-in- law has moved in for a month now and has settled down nicely. He has made new friends, is enjoying the music events and shopping trips. He is happier, has put on weight and look healthier. My husband and I thought we have made the right choice.

Happy With The Assistance

My mom is loving it at this community. She gets help from staff with her medication management and bathing. My mom loves the people here and she likes her room. She has a Jack and Jill bathroom and shares with another resident who is helpful too. Her room is also close to the cafeteria and she is loving the meals.

A nice place!

This is a pretty good community for the price. The staff seem nice. My brother would rate the food about a 2 or 3. The community is clean and well maintained. They offer daily activities.

My momv Loves Brookdale Glendale!

My mom has been there for one month now and since the first day she just Loves Brookdale Glendale! I do as well. The whole staff is kind & wonderful. They go to no end to make their residents happy...

This facility was very nice however I was extremely disappointed of the fact that after I told them they were my no. 1 choice I was asked to come back to look at more apts. , they then sent me an email saying I was too young and turned me down!! I'm 62 with chronic health issues. There is nothing in their brochures indicating age restrictions. I'm during about this! I don't believe this had anything to do with age- it had everything to do with money. I don't recommend thisplace if you or a loved one doesn't have plenty of money. If they only have social security and long term care ins, go elsewhere or perhaps see an attorney

I enjoyed my meetin and tour with Kamilla. I liked the set up in the rooms. It was very clean, lots of activities to do. Only thing i dont like is they require a $2000 community fee. This is my #2 choice.

I enjoyed our tour!!

This was a larger community. The director that took us on tour was very nice and knowledgable. The community is in a lovely neighbor and in a park setting. This was the first community we looked at and there was a lot of bright light and the residents were happy living there.

My Community

This place is clean and the staff are okay and seems to e nice and respectful. I think the food could be better, it is not always properly made. There are activities and outings, but cancellations are posted in the elevator, everyone does not use it and are unaware of changes. I also don't like having a flexible options to make doctor appointments. Overall, I am getting care and I feel safe.

A Good Location

The staff here seem to like what they do and I feel safe with the care provided, no concerns. My mom likes the food too and I believe they keep the community clean. The facility looks pretty nice, they are doing renovations but they really could change the carpet it is stained and worn. I would recommend this community, it is in a good part of town and there is always a parking spot available.

Nice

Although everythig is very nice and in a tranquil setting , the elevator did not work. I think they should fix this please. Thank you.

Much room for improvement. I would not recommend to anyone inquiring about facility.

Extremely difficult to communicate with upper level personnel. Most requests are ignored with no response. "Nursing care" is non-existent. Promises are made but never kept. Food is abundant and well prepared but rarely served hot. Rooms are adequate in size but very little effort is made to maintain [removed] are made (changed) only once a week and no effort is made to assist in making bed daily (I have broken knee). Request was made on first day for assistance in dressing due to broken knee. Assistance was never offered. Trash receptacle must be placed outside door for removal. Medication staff very efficient and responsive. Dining room staff very efficient and responsive but frequently understaffed. Missed important doctors appt. due to non-existent transportation.

great facility

Everything is good with the facility.

They Overcharge

They overcharge you at Brookdale Glendale and they also give you the wrong price in order to get you in there and then they just change it on you. They have people working there that should not be working there.

Good Experience

It was a fine experience with the Brookdale Glendale. Their people, who work there followed up with me and it was easy to get through when contacting with them too. They were very helpful when needed. They helped me with everything that I needed to do. Overall, it was a good experience.

Good fit but ...

I moved my parent here this summer. I liked that it had more life and latitude than others I had toured. A good fit for a high- functioning elder. Entrance process was smooth, as was move-in. But it had not been disclosed that the residence was in the middle of an ownership change. I have not loved the cost-cutting in services that seem to have resulted. However my parent can handle the hassles and is content to stay.

It was a fine place.

It was okay. It was just fine for my family everything was 4 or 5 stars.

Pleased Overall

I am very pleased overall with the experience so far. They have been very attentive to any questions we have had and sitting down with us and explaining the services that they offer. So that is all very positive.

i do recommend the carpets are old the front elevater dont work but the rooms are very nice the meals are getting better healthy for my aunt she like the change in food i rated the cleanliness a 5 star rating and gave the over all rating of 5 star as well the value to me is a 5 star too

Perfect choice for my uncle!

Friendly staff, clean and well maintained facilities, lots of social interaction...at a reasonable price.

I liked how lively the community was.

This wasn't a good fit for us. The issues seem to be that our loved one was not appropriate for the facility. Their level of independence didn't meet his needs. Someone from Brookdale evaluated our loved one, and thought it was perfectly appropriate, but that wasn't the case. I liked how lively the community was. I think that there is some confusion there in terms of their financial department, during the switch over from Emeritus. We gave them a few different checks for deposits and holding fees and rent, but Brookdale was not aware of the agreements we had made with Emeritus. They were very nice about it, and addressed that issue, but there continues to be new errors. And to this date a couple of the checks still have not been cashed. The people were very, very nice, they tried hard, but they are having some transitioning issues.

They do a very good job

They do a very good job at Emeritus at Casa Glendale. The people are very friendly and helpful, always willing to do things for you. The building is rather old, so there is some normal wear and tear. Other than that it has been a good experience.

It's okay, we don't have any real concerns at this point.

It's okay, we don't have any real concerns at this point. It's pretty clean, and the staff is friendly. I haven't heard any complaints about the food. So far it's fine.

Like every where else, it really depe...

Like every where else, it really depends on the personnels. Some of them are good, some are either ignorant or careless.

On One hot Sunday, we went visit my father in law. It's a sad scene. He's [removed] lied on bed alone. I felt like I fail him. The worst is the interior temperature was high 80s, and he's on the top floor. Can't find clothes. Anyway, the situation improved after my emotional complaint. However, we still searching for a better option. After all some of the helpers are nice & other residents are also nice.

David Virden

We are sorry that your loved one’s experience with us at Casa Glendale didn’t meet your expectations. Our building does offer air conditioning units, however they cool more than one room at a time. As such, when the weather turns warm in our area, we recommend that families bring in a fan or a free standing air conditioning unit for their loved one’s room to keep them cool. We invite you to contact community management because we would like to hear more information regarding your loved one’s missing clothes as we have not heard any reports regarding them. Also, please don’t hesitate to contact community management with any further concerns you have regarding your loved one’s stay with us at Casa Glendale.

I love Fran. The rooms are...

I love Fran. The rooms are definitely too small.

So Far, So Good

We moved our dear friend into Casa Glendale on Thursday, Oct. 31. So far, they have delivered just as promised. They have had the ambassadors (who are residents) look out for her, bring her to meals and activities, and the activity director is looking for partners to go walking. The place always has a friendly buzz when I stop by, with people up and out, mingling, doing activities and so forth. Currently, my friend does not need any personal or special care, but for a price, there is more help available. Her short term memory is challenged, which is why we had to move her in. We'll see if she needs it.

Phenomenal Staff!

They were contemplating doing some updating which I think wouldn't be the best environment for my mother because of noise and things like that. The staff was phenomenal. Their director, Fran, is a sweet sweet person and very knowledgeable. Someone was always there to help, like if Fran was in a meeting or something. I do think it needs a little more remodeling. Mother didn't like the rooms. For a single person who wants a one bedroom place, they had a bathroom between two apartments which they considered a one bedroom. My mom didn't like the way that was set up. The staff itself was great and the food was delicious!

Well maintained place. Beau...

Well maintained place. Beautiful small park right in front of the facility. Willing and able to adjust food offered so my vegan friend can eat the way she has for 40 years. Lots of social interaction.

Fabulous Food and Community!

Their food was fabulous but my sister just didn't like the size of the rooms. It was by far the nicest but the room she could afford was too small. Of the four we saw I thought
Emeritus was the best.

Not Very Happy

We haven't been very happy with Emeritus. The one thing that really bothered us is we made our decision to go there and the salesperson was very charming and very nice but she said nothing about $1000 community fee. And I went in with my husband and we were in a big rush to find something so we said fine but that really upset me that they did that.

It kind of seem like nobody is noticing him. He fell out of bed and hit his head and is in the hospital now. He was in some sort of lock down that I didn't even know about. I came to pick him up and I took him for the whole day - I don't even thing they knew he was gone. When your budget is low you don't have a lot of choices. Maybe for what we can afford this is the best we can get.

Great and Friendly Atmosphere

I was going to place my mother there but she decided she wanted to stay at home. It seemed like a nice place. It was a nice little organization there. What I liked most were the people working there. They were very outgoing, pleasant. It seemed like they interact a lot with the older people there. It seems like there's a good energy in the place. It's not like your basic home where the people are just sitting around. The old people looked like they were happy. The workers know them by name. It was a very friendly atmosphere.

Highly recommend but understaffed

They were great, they couldn't have been nicer to my mother, they were terrific, I would recommend them highly to anybody. That was one of the highlights was the friendliness of the staff. Everybody could not have been nicer, sweeter and for the most part everything went extremely well. The only thing that we were concerned about, and the care services were good, but they did not have enough staff. If you pressed the lanyard for someone to come in to help her it would sometimes be an hour or more for someone to show up. When someone came it was clear that she was just on the list and down the list but they would apologize and apoligize and be sweet and kind and gentle, but it seems to me that there should be someone to oversee the staff and how many are to each person.

No storage for towels or linen

(Activities Not Rated) Emeritus was very conveniently located for our family. The rooms do not have storage areas where you can put towels or linen. The bathrooms are too small to fit a wheelchair so it is very inconvenient for handicapped residents.

Caring staff and residents!

The Emeritus at Casa Glendale feels homey and casual. The Emeritus has been there a long time. The staff is very caring and have an affection for the residents. The residents also seem very happy with their choice to live here and they are very kind to one another.

The staff is very friendly and their ...

The staff is very friendly and their expertise evident. They have many activities for their residents, all of which geared to keeping them active and healthy. The room size is small; and they have bathtubs without the cut out. I found it quite surprising that the facility hadn't updated their accommodations. There is a lot of congestion around the facility's main entrance. The dining room entrance is there. The med carts are all there. The reception desk is there. The administration offices, the sales office, etc, so much so that we are worried that when the Med Room gets moved down there (they are in the process of doing this now), it will be too confusing for anyone, especially for a client who has to be given her medication in the dining room with her food. It just wasn't calm.

has some promise, but rooms are very ...

has some promise, but rooms are very small, no kitchens and has a bit of an institutionalized feel.

Best so far. Cul de sac with park in...

Best so far. Cul de sac with park in middle and nice grounds. rooms small but adequate. Residents friendly and dog can go outside to park easily

Talked to [staff representative]. Ver...

Talked to [staff representative]. Very helpful and welcoming. This place was unexceptable. It smelled and the staff was cold. They were totally detached from their residents. The rooms were disgusting and were so small for 2 people to share and have four sharing such a small restroom.