Brookdale Admiral Heights - Seattle, WA

I toured this community

I went on a tour at this community and the man was nice and he answered all of my questions. It was an older building and it looked rundown. They allow the residents to decorate on the outside of their room's but it made it look cluttered. It just didn't seem like a good fit for my mom.

This community works for us

We have had a few communication issues since mom moved in, however we are working on correcting these issues. The billing is a little confusing and I am working on this with them. The staff are friendly, helpful and respectful of the residents. The food is very good and the community is well maintained. I would suggest looking at various communities to find the one that works for you.

I was and impressed by Brookdale. Admiral Heights. The building is impressive and the people had the kind of care for the Residents that I am looking for.
Brookdale Admiral Heights
2326 California Avenue Southwest

Small Apartments!

The Brookdale Admiral Heights was a beautiful community. Everyone was very nice and all of the residents seemed very happy. The location was perfect, there was a movie theater across the road and stores. The food looked great. The reason we ended up choosing another community was because the apartments were so small, smaller than a college kid's dorm.

Very helpful

I felt that Brookdale Admiral Heights went out of their way to both facilitate my dad's ability to make a choice and to help get him settled in once he chose to go there. It was not without difficulty either, since I was managing the process from over a thousand miles away and there were a number of issues that had to be overcome initially and will continue needing resolution going forward.

I am very comfortable saying that I fully expect them to be helpful going forward.

Friendly staff

I think they have done everything very well and I could not possibly comment on anything that they could improve upon. She is happy there. The staff is friendly, the place is clean and they staff greets you by name.

consistently good quality of care

The main thing I have been impressed with is the consistency of care. My mother has been there for about two months. There is a family member up there almost every other day, and not a one of us has seen a thing that would raise a concern about the quality of care or anything else. All places have some areas that they are good at, or seem really good at first, but this place has had really good quality of care consistently.

they truly understand!

The nurses were quite diligent. Mom came through the experience alive, which we are very grateful and something you could never put a price on. They even got mom to participate in some sort of balloon volleyball game which she loved. Lots of great community interaction. Everything was just done in such an understanding way. They truly understand the needs of these elders. Emeritus really has a heart for these older folks.

Beautiful setting. Very go...

Beautiful setting. Very good visit with the staff. Apt very nice with lost of light. Clean and impressive.

Ideal Location

I really like the location - very ideal. It is on a level sidewalk so that the residents could get out and go the grocery store or a movie. Prime location for people who want to be able to do things on their own. The staff were nice, my father was a very difficult resident and they dealt with him the best that they could. They had a lot of activities. The only complaint is the food. He hated the food - it was OK the first two weeks, but after that very boring. A lot of people would leave and get food from local restaurants or grocery stores. It was just frozen and reheated, but better than basic institutional food. He did like being able to pick and choose the times that he wanted to eat.

I have toured this before- used to li...

I have toured this before- used to live on Alki & looked into this as an option for her. Yes, it is nice. No, not really interested. Too busy of an area & parking sucks. Drive is difficult from where i live now.

Our peaceful setting, restaurant style dining experience, activities and beautiful setting combine to create a wonderful living environment everyday. Our genuine caring staff, home style meals, daily activities add to our residents' experience. They will tell you they appreciate all the options while living at a Brookdale Senior Living community.

Our Family is Committed to Yours.®