The Waterford at West Bend - West Bend, WI

Facility was clean and residents well cared for. Not a good fit for my uncle who will only require minimal assistance while current residents seemed to require a much higher level of care. There were no activities that my uncle was interested in.

A tour for care for mom

We toured this community for the care for my mom. The staff did answer the questions. The community was clean and we liked the menu. This is a nice community and we would recommend that families tour this community for the care of a loved one.

Very happy!

I would like to say the whole experience with The Waterford in West Bend was a good one. First with the director and then to her staff they were all very attentive and helpful. The nurses and caregivers are also very good. They show a lot of personal interest and make sure my dad is very comfortable there. I would highly recommend it!

They offer a weekly cooking class!!!

My sister is doing fine at The Waterford. The staff are very caring people and I am impressed with what I have seen. They have monthly residents meeting. The food is well made and tasty. The community is clean and well maintained.

I would recommend The Waterford at West Bend!!!!

Mom is settling into the community pretty good. She thinks they need new cooks but I take it with a grain of salt, as she was taking a medication we think was causing her not to taste the food. My sisters and I are comfortable with the way she is treated by the staff. She participates in various activities and enjoys a bible study class.

Caring staff in homey atmosphere

The staff at The Waterford at West Bend (formerly Emerald Way) really seem to care about the residents. The staff are all regular employees, so the staff and residents get to know one another.

The atmosphere at The Waterford is homey, from the dining area with the large wood tables and country decor, to the TV room with the leather furniture, to the library/puzzle room, to the patio with padded chairs. The rooms are more apartment-like than some other places we toured, with a large living area with kitchenette and a separate bedroom, as well as a large bathroom with walk-in shower.

The monthly rates are all inclusive based on the care level, so you know exactly what you are paying from month to month... no added charges for services like showers, medication administration, laundry, etc.

The only thing The Waterford does not offer is group outings. There is a daily activity schedule, but all the activities are on-site. However, the salesperson indicated they may be getting a van in the near future so outing may be an option in the future.

They are a great place.

They are a great place. It's clean and light and airy, it makes you feel like you want to go there. They have a great big list of entertainment that comes in, and activities. She loves the food. The staff is friendly. This is one of the best we have seen. No steps, no elevators, it's exactly what we needed. We are very happy with it. It was hands down the best of all the ones we looked at.