New Perspective Senior Living | West Bend - West Bend, WI

• Respite care available
  • No Smoking Indoors

Mix of independent and assisted is great for my uncle who is at the minimum level of assisted care. Facility has heated therapy pool and on site physical therapy/fitness facility which my uncle will use. They also offered several monthly activities that interested my uncle. Finally apt included a small full kitchen with space for a table along with living room and bedroom and bath which will allow my uncle to bring his kitchen table too. Waiting list is 3-4 months which will give my uncle time to get his house ready for sale.

Stacy Shuman

Hello, thank you for sharing your positive experience! We always strive to provide top quality service to every resident, and are pleased to hear that your Uncle is happy here at New Perspective Senior Living | West Bend.

Good Fit

I have resided here just 2 weeks but it feels like a good fit for me. I am young (60 years old) but recent medical issues made it necessary to move out of the family home to a place that would be easier for me to navigate. Living alone since my husband died, my children were concerned about my physical well-being continuing to live alone. I wanted to remain in my community for a number of reasons. New Perspectives meets my needs and knowing some people who work here makes me feel more comfortable in a new place. I plan to be here a long time

Love the pool

I do not live here, but glad to be able to use the pool for therapy. When the time is right, this is the only place for me.

Stacy Shuman

Thank you for reaching out and writing a review. We are happy to hear you use the pool at our West Bend community. We strive to keep the community clean and up to date. Let your friends know we here. Thanks again!

Independent living!

When arrived to tour the New Perspective Senior Living | West Bend, the tour guide was prepared and gave us a lot of information. We did not choose this community because it was more independent living than what we were looking for.

Stacy Shuman

Thank you for taking the time to tour our community. If your needs should change in the future, we hope you'll visit us again. Best to you.

The food is AMAZING!

My father recently moved into this wonderful community. The food is just fabulous, and we had to move in just for the food. The previous facility that dad was at had microwaveable eggs, oatmeal, cereal, and toast for breakfast. But not here!!! They have breakfast to order, omelets, bacon...just cannot say enough about the food, the service and the smiles that we get.

Stacy Shuman

Thank you for leaving this detailed feedback about your experience with New Perspective Senior Living | West Bend. We always love to receive great feedback, you really made our day today.

Very Impressed

Fantastic is what I would say to describe this community. It is a beautiful place my father has really adjusted well to the community. Everybody from the cooks to cleaning ladies and the staff are genuinely friendly to you. They have really gone above and beyond my exceptions for them. The food is great my father loves it. There are good activities for the residents. Everything they promised to me they have followed through with. It was an easy process, but this is an expensive community. I would only recommend it if you are financially stable.

Stacy Shuman

Thank you for taking time to provide a review of our services. We are glad to hear your father is happy and active.

So far it's been great.

So far it's been great. My mother has been very happy. She is delighted with the apartment. She is joining in the activities, and I haven't heard one complaint. I would give them a four and a half or a five.

It was with a lot of support and help that getting dad moved from Florida to Wisconsin inn as short of time as we had. Start to finish we had every thing accomplished in six short weeks. Considering the holidays rapidly approaching the weather..... The staff was right on the ball every step of the way. Thanks so much!!

Caution: Expense Creep

Mother has been there One year. The initial price given per month was reasonable. Evaluations are conducted every six months. This is where you may find they start raising the level of care points (added expense), not including the annual cost of living increases.

Light House of West Bend provided a forecast statement demonstrating my mothers finances would sustain her for estimated 20 years. With all the annual increases, that estimate is in the range of 4-6 years!

Nice place, good staff, food choices good, cleanliness average to above average, non-refundable sign up fee, level of care questionable given the expense.

Lots of activities, however not all residence are able to participate for many reasons. Your monthly payments are subsidizing those that are able or want to use these additional services.

It is my experience, they will sign you up at a lower rate, and then start raising the care levels once your loved one has made adjustments, and settled in. There is a name for this salesmanship "bait and switch"

Expense increase July 2014 to July 2015: 56% !!!

First impression.

I got a good feeling the minute I walked into this community. Everyone I met was friendly and helpful. the tour went well and I really liked that the hallways had lots of windows to let the natural light in. there were 2 atriums so that the residents could walk out and get some fresh air too.
Mom says the food is good and she can't wait to get into one of those atriums to plant something.
This facility is clean, safe and fits into Mom's finances.

I loved this community!

I loved this community, when I went a visited it! Everybody was friendly and helpful. When I moved my mother there, after a week she started perking back up and being more cheerful again. While she hasn't participated in any of the activates yet, there are so many options that are available its hard to not give them a try. Everybody there is really nice and the staff really care about the residents that are there. All of the staff are really outgoing and really helpful. I would recommend this community to anybody looking for a community in West Bend.

So far, so good.

Mom has been at Lighthouse of West Bend for about 2 months, now. Our experience, so far has been moderately positive. The staff is pleasant, courteous, and helpful. I will reserve my opinion of the medical personnel, until we have a longer relationship. We are working out some glitches. The administration is also pleasant to deal with. Mom likes living at Lighthouse.

beautiful place, needs better care

It is a simply beautiful place. There has, however, been a few issues with the care services as I feel they are understaffed and perhaps the staff is not adequately trained. We have had a problem with them following through with what they promised us on the amount of care that my sister is receiving. It often takes 45 minutes or more for them to get to my sister when she buzzes needing help.

They have acknowledged some areas where they can improve and seem to be working to make the needed improvements, so I will give them credit for that.

excellent experience

They were very helpful in contacting us and answering questions. They helped to get moms apartment arranged, go through the process of transition, and everything else. Excellent experience.

Founded in 1998, New Perspective Senior Living (NPSL) is a family owned company that develops and operates vibrant, senior living communities in Minnesota, Wisconsin and Illinois. Our foundational belief--that all seniors deserve to Live Life on Purpose® and age with dignity--was forged from the personal experience of caring for a family member with Alzheimer's disease. Today, the company serves seniors in 21 communities with Independent Living, Assisted Living and Memory Care options. NPSL is based in Minneapolis, Minnesota. For more information, please visit www.npseniorliving.com.