Elmcroft of Lebanon - Lebanon, TN

Not up to my standards

This community is not up to my standards. The first night of food seemed pretty good. The type of care he is receiving is not what I thought it was going to be. I know they can't watch him as well as I can, but I expected them to take him back to his own room when he falls asleep in someone else's room. Whenever I visit there doesn't seem to be any staff available. We had to hunt someone down to help clean him up after he had an accident. The patients are often unattended. They need to help him brush his teeth. I do not feel good about him staying there. There is no communication with the staff and family members.

Megan Strothman

We are sorry you to hear you feel this way. Our mission is dedicated to enriching the lives of the individuals who live and work with us, and we take this mission very seriously. We encourage you to call our Ethics Hotline at [removed] to discuss your concerns.

I wouldn't say I would or would not recommend Elmcroft, but I think they are short staffed. At night time, they have about 20 something residents and 2 nurses so it is hard for them to keep up with checking on them. I took a pitcher for later and the director told me they could not fill it. I think it is time for my loved one to come home, she has made improvements since her stay there, but it has not been the best fit.

We place our mom at Elmcroft, the facility is very clean and friendly. I guess my most disturbing part of her staying there is that there is a lack of communication. They seem to be short staffed all the time. Mother needs her sugar checked before her meals and they seem to always be forgetting or rushing up saying "don't eat yet, I need to check your sugar". I do not feel this is a place if you need more care. It is really more for independant living with very little assistance. There is not a lot of variety in food. Seems to be the same. For the amount of money you pay, there should be a bigger variety.

Megan Strothman

Thank you for your feedback! Our mission is dedicated to enriching the lives of the individuals who live and work with us, and we take this mission very seriously. We encourage you to call our Ethics Hotline at [removed] to discuss your concerns.

NO GOOD

Negligent, AWFUL management, some staff hateful to residents{not all}, Filthy from carpet to ceiling, average turnover of staff including nurses about 2 weeks, poor maintenance, totally disorganized on ALL levels operations.

Mom Loved It!

My mom loved this community and adored the staff. She loved the meals that were made. She enjoyed the activities and we had no problems with the cleanliness of the community. However, we had to move due to the financial part, her assistance was not accepted.

Best Of The Best!!

The communication with the staff is great. They update with me everyday regarding my father. The community is kept clean and organized. The meals that he eats so far he has mentioned that they are okay. I feel that he is in a safe and positive environment.

Dad Is Doing Much Better Here

Everything seems to be fine, it looks always clean and maintained. The staff are so caring, attentive, and the staff seem to really care. Dad has since been thriving and getting a lot better with the stimulating activities. He has gone on a road-trip, dined out, gardening, and joining music programs. My dad seems to pleased with his meals, at times he says it too much. From my last experience, this community is much better and I would recommend this community.

Brief stay, but a good experience

We had a brief experience with Elmcroft of Lebanon, and overall I thought it seemed like a nice place. The people here were friendly and professional, and the facility seemed clean and well run. Really my only complaint is that I think they could offer a little more variety when it comes to meals.

this is the first facility I've toured and was very impressed. I will tour others and compare prices and services,etc. but Elmcroft of Lebanon has set the bar high.

Seemed like a nice place!

I toured this community while looking into care options for a loved one. The facility was well kept and clean, and all of the staff I met seemed friendly and professional. She didn't ever end up moving in, due to a decline in her health, but it looked like a very nice place and is definitely worth a look!

Horrible

Avoid! I had a loved one in this facility and it was AWFUL. The caregivers are all very nice and helpful, but they are very much understaffed. My loved one would go days without clothing changed and baths and nothing was ever done about this. The turn around rate is extremely high because they staff is exhausted from lack of support. Of course, when you take a tour they make everything seem like a bed of roses, but it is not that case. If you want to throw away your money every month- then this is the place to do it at!

Overall we are pretty happy with it.

Overall we are pretty happy with it. Everything is very clean. The staff is very friendly. My father has been kind of bored, a lot of the activities are geared more towards the ladies. They have been very accommodating, and helped find him projects to do that he enjoys and so he can feel useful. He hates the food, when I first toured it they said that they usually have an option at meals, I haven't really witnessed that yet. There aren't salt shakers on the table or anything.

i WAS VERY PLEASED

WE FINALLY FOUND A PLACE THAT WE COULD BE AT EASE PUTTING OUR UNCLE THERE. WHEN WE TOURED TO THE COMMUNITY, IT WAS QUITE A DELIGHTFUL EXPERIENCE AND VERY REASSURING TO KNOW HE WOULD BE SO WELL TAKEN CARE OF, AND IN SUCH A NICE COMMUNITY TOO. COULD NOT BE ANY HAPPIER WITH THE CARE AND OVERALL SERVICES OFFERED TO THESE RESIDENCE.

Friendly and helpful staff!

We're very pleased with how things have gone so far at Elmcroft of Lebanon! We didn't have any experience with senior communities and the staff at Elmcroft were happy to answer any questions we had throughout the whole process. The facility itself is nice looking and clean, and they take good care of the people who live here.

Not at all what I expected.

I'll get the bad out of the way first. Residents are allowed to wander the facility, entering other residents rooms and removing personal items at will. Dad's roommate puts his clothes in my Dad's closet and chest. Dad has had clothes missing, a belt, socks, and hankies have all disappeared. I don't like his stuff getting stolen all the time. Now for the good. Staff is friendly with every body. They seem to know all the residents and their families.

Was a good fit would consid...

Was a good fit would consider . Pepe would have therun of the home . Which would make mom happy

It has been wonderful, they are very clean.

It has been wonderful, they are very clean. The staff is wonderful. I chose them because of the value, what you get for your money is very reasonable. The food is pretty good I have eaten there a few times. They are quick to respond to any needs. I can't think of anything they could do better. It has just been great.

elmcroft

They were very reassuring when I approached them. I thought there was no place that could care for my mother but were given options other than their facility.
This caring attitude from everyone there made the decision easy to place my mother in their care.

Recent Change in Director

We have had a bad experience with Elmcroft from issues with the community to issues with the staff. We don't think the staff is as careful as they should be when deal with some residents. They have a very poor response time when the emergency call button is pushed; it was taking about an hour to get someone to respond. Some of the staff members have short talked our loved one and have been disrespectful. We have just had numerous problems. They recently changed the director and we feel there will be changing coming to Elmcroft and the new director seems very sincere in what he wants to change. Right now we could not recommend Elmcroft to anyone. Hopefully things do change for the better.

Excellent Place for Mom

Our mother has lived in assisted-living at Elmcroft for over two years. The facility is beautiful and very clean. The staff is well-trained and helpful. Mom reports the food is wonderful. Many daily activities are provided. Residents there seem happy and satisfied with the home. The staff is considerate and cordial.

Wonderful! Beautiful facility. Advanc...

Wonderful! Beautiful facility. Advanced memory care unit. Deficiency free. Going back to revisit and see about getting pricing down just a bit (I believe the studio is $2,200).

Elmcroft of Lebanon sits in the well-known Castle Heights area of Lebanon, TN, conveniently located off Interstate 40, just thirty minutes east of Nashville. A quiet community, nicknamed the “Antique City of the South,” the Lebanon area boasts many antique stores, an outlet mall and a variety of recreational activities at two state parks.

Elmcroft of Lebanon is an assisted living and Alzheimer’s Care community offering accommodations for those who may require assistance in their daily living activities. It is staffed 24 hours a day with trained healthcare personnel and offers as much or as little care as a resident may want or need. In addition, Elmcroft of Lebanon has a licensed Health Care Director on call 24 hours a day.

Elmcroft of Lebanon features a full sprinkler system and each apartment is equipped with an emergency call system that may be used whenever the need arises. In addition, all exterior doors may be locked so that a secure environment can be maintained.