Commonwealth Senior Living at the West End - Richmond, VA

Great Place

My mother in law is doing very well since moving here. She is keeping very busy with all the activities they offer and making friends with the residents as she can. She loves the staff but we are disappointed that we learned the activities director has left the staff and she was one of the major reasons why we chose the community in the first place. Hopefully, they will get someone as dynamic as the previous one. We would recommend this community if asked.

Father in Law is Doing Fantastic in This Community

We are very pleased with my father in law move to this community. He is doing fantastic, and everything is working out very well. We know he is safe, and in a good facility. They have a good staff. They are good with their communication, and providing him with good care. When we visit the community, and his room are well maintained. The experience is going well for us in this community, and I would recommend it.

Decent Tour

I had a pretty decent tour of this community. Everything went well for the most. The community from what I saw looked decent. The staff was kind, and friendly. There were many factors that played into where to move my father too. This wasn't the right fit for him, and his needs.

Very cold community!!

I was not impressed with this community when I had taken my tour for my mother. The entire building felt very cold and did not have a home feeling I would want for her to live in. I felt like I was walking on a cruise ship or checking into a hotel it just was not the right fit for her.

This facility was nice. One associate I met there seemed excellent in her care of the Memory folks. [Removed] could transition to Memory Care if necessary. Parking outside was inefficient. They had a lot of family functions going on, although great for some, not necessarily for [Removed]. It seemed like she could become isolated again there. The room was very nice, only one left. The pricing was as high as Brookdale. Scheduled an assessment for 2/17. Haven't heard back from Jamie yet on the rating.

The Staff Show Great Characteristics

My mom is settling in for the second time, she had to leave for a month. However the community is a smaller venue which fits my moms needs. The carpet in the new wing gets tough for her at times, she uses a wheelchair. My mom enjoys the meals and its selections. The personnel are concerned, compassionate and attentive. They are not just there for a paycheck, we really like the staff. The residents are all friendly too.

Good Respite Stay

My husband had a good respite stay experience here at this community. It is a nice community, and they did a good job caring for him and his needs. I was pleased with all they did for us. It was a good experience for him, and I knew he was in good hands. This is a lovely community.

Great place

My mother in law is doing great there The people are very friendly and try and make it like home for everyone , They have helped us help her with everything

Much Improvement Since Commonwealth Took Over

Since Commonwealth Assisted Living took over this community at the end of April 2015 the improvements have been amazing! They increased care staff, added another LPN, brought in a real chef and began serving fresh food. They added more housekeeping and have administrative staff on site seven days a week. My mom is so happy with the improvements as are her table mates. We highly recommend this community to anyone looking for help in caring for their loved one.

Friendly, professional staff

Our experience with Commonwealth Assisted Living was a good one, overall! The staff here does an excellent job looking after the residents. They are friendly, professional, and very polite! Really the only issue we had is that Mom feels that the other residents here are "too old".

Need more staff in the evening and during the night

***There are not enough staff from 7pm to 7am. **Bells and calls for help at night are unanswered. Have complained.

Staff is friendly and caring to the residents.

Commonwealth Senior Living

As the Executive Director of Commonwealth Assisted Living at the West End, I want to thank you for sharing your feedback. We take your comments seriously and I can assure you that our community is properly staffed to meet the needs our of residents day and night. We take pride in providing high-quality care for our residents and for most cases we respond to residents and call bells within 10 minutes during the night. I welcome the opportunity to address your concerns further and please feel free to contact me directly. My e-mail address is [removed] and my phone number is [removed]. Thank you and I look forward to speaking with you. --Leslie Jones, Executive Director of Commonwealth Assisted Living at the West End

Residents on their own

Residents need companions or aides for 7pm to 7am due to staffing issues with the level of care for certain residents. The residents calls for help or bells will not be responded to quickly if any during these hours due to aides assisting in giving showers and putting to bed making the the aides unavailable for any other resident in the community as there are no nurses or lpns present on site during these hours. There is no management during these hours only two aides or three and one must pass meds to the entire community. This was the case a month ago need to verify yourself that it is not the case if you are considering

Commonwealth Senior Living

On behalf of Commonwealth Assisted Living at the West End, I would like to thank you for sharing your comments with us. Providing our residents and their families with high-quality care, dignity, respect, and compassion is our top priority. I would like to assure you that our community is adequately staffed to meet the needs of our residents 24 hours a day.
I would love the opportunity to meet with you to discuss your concerns. My e-mail address is [removed] and my phone number is [removed]. Thank you so much and I look forward to speaking with you. --Leslie Jones, Executive Director of Commonwealth Assisted Living at the West End

Nice property - similar in size to cu...

Nice property - similar in size to current location but newer and nicer interior. All the rooms are the same size (studio) - Met with director who was very helpful.

Welcome to Commonwealth Senior Living at the West End, a premier senior living community in the Richmond region. Situated in Henrico County, our brand new community offers easy access to all that the Richmond area has to offer and is located near healthcare facilities, shopping and dining. Our community provides comprehensive services for residents in a caring and home-like atmosphere that ensures they maintain a quality lifestyle.

Our community boasts a variety of amenities, including an elegant dining room, cozy sun porches and more. Our full-time activities director coordinates daily activities, trips and social programs. Residents enjoy suites and companion rooms with private baths and their pets are welcome too! Our transportation service helps residents get to their important appointments. With no entrance fees, enjoying life at Commonwealth Senior Living at the West End is an affordable option. We believe in personal and dignified care which is why team members are on-site 24 hours a day and we develop an individualized care plan for each resident. We understand that everyone has unique needs and we tailor services to our residents, such as medication management and assistance with activities of daily living such as bathing, dressing and grooming.

The attentive and experienced team provides compassionate care to residents who have all the comforts of home and maintenance-free living surrounded by friends and neighbors! Our residents quickly become like family. With a variety of living options, you’ll be sure to feel right at home. Explore Commonwealth Senior Living at the West End further and schedule a tour today.