El Molino Rose Villa - Pasadena, CA

Bright, Cheerful

I toured here while looking for a place for my loved one. I thought this place was wonderful. The couple that owns it is very nice and the caregivers are friendly. The community is bright and cheerful, and the current residents seem very happy here. We would have liked to have moved in here, but there weren't any spaces left when we were looking.

No Memory care

My Uncle was a resident here for a short while and the owner worked very hard with us while he was here. This is a private residence and it is set up for assisted living very nicely with just a few residents so there is more one-on-one care here but my Uncle was in need of memory care that could address his sundowners and he needed a secure environment. I would definitely recommend them for assisted living.

This was OK but not great. Rooms are small and there is only one bathroom for the whole house. The owners told me that they shower the residents every day, which is a definite negative in my book. Daily bathing is not good for elderly skin, which is already dry due to aging. I felt that the owners were a bit condescending to the residents, talking down to them, and I didn't care for that. Elders should be talked to with adult respect, not condescension.

ANDREI KOHLER

Dear unverified visitor: It seems you have a few facts wrong: First of all, the main house has 2 bathrooms, with 3 total bathrooms on the property, not 1. In response to the daily showers not being good for the skin, the reviewer didn't mention that all our residents here are very well hydrated, and they all receive 2 daily moisturizing treatments. As a health factor, most families know that Urinary Tract Infections (UTIs) are very common in the elderly community, and the number one cause is cleanliness. We take pride as being the only Board & Care to offer daily showers. We, as owners live with our residents, and love our residents dearly. As other family reviewers have indicated, we treat our residents here with the utmost respect. How else could we win "Best of Senior Living" in Pasadena 2 years in a row?

Feels Like Home!!

I would definitely recommend this community. My mother has been participating in activities to a level of comfort. The meals are good and healthy. The staff has great communication with the family and they are really friendly. The community is up-kept and clean. One of the things that is good about this place is that she is safe.

The Best Care Ever

My mother was here for about a month but it was an amazing experience. This community provides wonderful care, I would honestly say it had to be the best care ever. The staff took very good care of her and her needs. These people are angels. I'am very grateful my mother had the experience to live here.

Four Stars

The staff members are very receptive. If my loved one has an issue, I just call them up and it is resolved. The cleanliness is fine. I have nothing to complain about right now. It is beyond my expectations.

Accommodating Staff

I think they have really done well on how well they treat my mother. They provide her with the needs that she has; they keep her clean and she is happy. It's a good environment for her. They also accommodate all her meal choices. We are happy with it.

Very nice people!

We're very pleased by how things have turned out with El Molino Rose Villa! The people here have been very helpful throughout the whole process. It's been a difficult time for our family and they've really done their best to help us through it. I've got nothing but good things to say about them! The facility is clean and well kept, and they take great care of the people who live here.

Cozy, clean and bright home with only 6 residents. The owners were very nice and caring.

Dark, tiny rooms, macaroni & cheese ONLY for dinner.

ANDREI KOHLER

We have an open floor plan, with 10 windows alone between the dining and living room. We love cooking for our residents and our meals never include "Mac & Cheese ONLY" for dinner. This Anonymous review is very suspicious, unverified and inaccurate.

Nice Home (6 beds)- End of ...

Nice Home (6 beds)- End of life not for Mom yet!

We are very happy, VERY happy.

We are very happy, VERY happy. We are just thrilled that she is there. They have been great! They are just the best!

Intimate Boarding House

I thought it was nice. I liked the intimacy of the boarding house sort of concept, but I didn't think it was good fit for my dad. Overall it was a good facility.

At “El Molino Rose Villa” our lovely home is located in the Washington Square landmark district of Pasadena. Our secured residential home offers a warm and cozy “feel at home” ambiance that larger facilities simply can not.
Specially trained staff provides the best individualized service for difficult behaviors, sleep disorders, dementia and Alzheimer’s disease. All stages are welcome!