Popular Norfolk, NE Assisted Living
- Minimum Age of Accepted Residents
- Activities Onsite
- Devotional Services Available
- Indoor Common Areas
- Meals Provided
Welcome to Edgewood Vista in Norfolk!
Edgewood’s Memory Care in Norfolk is a welcoming community completely focused on providing familiarity, compassion, appropriate support and care. Residents live safely and comfortably in a home-like environment. Edgewood in Norfolk also provides day care services for individuals with memory care conditions to support family members who provide their care.
Memory Care: Specialized For Those With Alzheimer's
When someone you care about is experiencing memory loss, dementia, or possibly Alzheimer’s disease, it’s overwhelming to prepare for the challenges you and your family now face. We understand.
Edgewood has created an environment completely focused on providing familiarity, compassion, appropriate support and care. We invite you to visit and meet our caregivers. You’ll see how we can help you and your loved one live both safely and comfortably in a home-like environment.
Living space is integral to balanced living for Memory Care residents. Edgewood’s residents live as independently as possible within a smaller, more comfortable environment specifically designed to decrease anxiety, confusion and depression. Residents share home cooked meals and stimulating activities in the family-style dining room with adjoining kitchen. Residents choose from studio or shared apartments. Each features an open closet and handicap accessible half-bathroom.
Alzheimer’s and memory loss affects each individual differently. Our staff members have ongoing training to understand the conditions and challenges associated with this illness. Our staff to resident ratio allows us to provide more personal attention and help residents maintain daily living skills.
Edgewood Memory Care Residents Receive:
* 24 hour staffing with nurse coverage
* Safe, secure environment with secured doors and fenced courtyard
* Care from staff members with specific training in Alzheimer’s and memory care
* Three nutritious, home-cooked meals and snacks daily
* Group & Individualized activities
* Assistance with bathing, grooming and dressing
* Incontinence Care
* Medication Administration under nurse supervision
* Consultation with physicians and other care providers to continually assess abilities and needs
* Laundry and housekeeping services
* Arranged transportation to medical appointments
* Access to Barber/Beauty Salon services
Needing A Break – Adult Day Services and Short-Term Stay Services
Trust Edgewood for Adult Day Services and Short-Term Stays, ideal for assistance following surgery, during illness, as a well-deserved break for family caregivers or for seniors looking to try the Edgewood community without long-term commitment. Your love one receives personalized care while you take care of travel for work or personal time away, and it allows you, as the caregiver, time for rest and rejuvenation from the demands of caring for a loved one with Alzheimer’s disease or other forms of memory loss. Available 24/7, 365 days a year, Adult Day Services and Short-Term Stays include similar services offered to our full-time residents.