Ecumen North Branch - North Branch, MN

Vulnerable adult mistreatment; by my experience. My Dad was better off when he was alone in his house

My poor Dad was miserable at Ecumen North Branch Memory Care. His care was BELOW quality. Missed showers, mixed up clothes, Unattended falls... a few the aides did not know about. He had a severe infection on his foot that NO ONE noticed until I peeled off his wet sock.... sheets never changed or washed (I had to bring them home), money missing from his wallet... By our experience, staff was virtually non-existent; and NEVER there when you needed them. Twice I arrived for a visit and found my Dad on the common area floor. No one was around and I could not find anyone for help. One time I was able to pick him up; the other, I pressed the emergency button and again, nothing.... 5 minutes, went by and I went around looking for help again to find several of the aides congregating in an office... it took several moments of me knocking before an aide opened the door.. never noticed the emergency button went off. I (as well as other resident families) were constantly trying to find an aide for help or for questions. The aides are on their own and seemingly, their own boss. There were never two stories the same when an incident arose. (I have recordings). THIS PLACE IS A MESS as far as organization and management goes. We moved him as soon as we could and things are so different for him now... Back to his happy state of mind. This place does not deserve their $6000+ we paid monthly... I could go on and on and I do have audio and some video recordings that back up all and more than what I stated here. FROM OUR EXPERIENCE; NEVER PLACE YOUR LOVED ONE AT ECUMEN NORTH BRANCH.

The manager who showed us around was ...

The manager who showed us around was very efficient and could explain our answers.

Unlike other communities that promise a “home-like” atmosphere, Ecumen North Branch has based its entire philosopy on providing a true home for residents and guests.
It’s a senior living and health care community that feels a lot like a small town, with four distinct neighborhoods
surrounding a bustling Town Center. Here, you’ll find assisted living and memory care, as well as specialized health care and short-term rehabilitative care.
Most importantly, however, you’ll find comfort, convenience and a greater sense of independence.

Assisted Living – We offer a diverse mix of affordable personal services and health care options that focus on your needs so you can focus on your life. And with more than 50
spacious one- and two-bedroom apartments in the neighborhood—each with a full bath, kitchen and optional garage—life can be whatever you want.

Memory Care – Our services provide the precise balance of independence and safety for individuals facing Alzheimer’s Disease or other types of dementia. Two households of ten studio apartments offer private baths and kitchenettes—and each home offers peace of mind.

Located at the center of the four neighborhoods, is a community town center. Village Center, will include a coffee shop, general store, community room and chapel for multi-denominational services. Village Center will be a gathering place where people will join for light dining, shopping, entertainment, wellness, educational programs and worship services.

We are committed to your independence and individual well-being, so we provide the most innovative treatments and technologies.