Eastlake Terrace - Elkhart, IN

Review of Eastlake Terrace Elkhart, IN

My Mother has lived here for 7 years. We have been very happy in all aspects.

Review of Eastlake Terrace Elkhart, In

Excellent! In all respects! Staff goes above and beyond!

Review of Eastlake Terrace Elkhart, IN

I very much appreciate the caring family feeling from all the staff at Eastlake Terrace. My loved one has also thrived with all the events, activities, and particularly music events this community is supportive of and provides.

Nice tour

I had a very nice tour of this community, the staff was very friendly and they took they're time showing us around and answered all our questions. The community is nice, clean and the residents have a lot of amenities to choose from. I just didn't feel it was as secure as what my father would need.

Nice Experience, But Not The Right Fit For Us

Everyone was very kind to my husband, and I during our tour of this community. Everything went well. The community looked nice. It was a pretty nice experience, but we did find another community that met our needs better.

Really liked this one...[Removed] was very thoughtful and showed me around in a wheelchair.

Constance Barr

Thank you for the stellar review. Eastlake Terrace is a lovely senior living community staffed by a committed and compassionate team. We hope you will consider making it your new home or that of your loved one.

Mom doing Awesome

This is a lovely community, and my mother is doing awesome since her move here. I know she is safe, and with a good staff. They are kind, and helpful when needed. They do a good job keeping everything nice, and clean. All in all everything is working out pretty well for us in this community. I would recommend it to my family, and friends. It is a nice facility.

Constance Barr

Thank you for taking time to share your thoughts and for the strong endorsement. We are proud of the amazing team at Eastlake Terrace, who are committed to providing extraordinary care for our residents. We are delighted to hear that your mother is thriving in her new home.
Warm regards,

A good variety of activities!!

My sister is doing very well since her move into this community. Every time I visit, the place is very clean and everything is in good shape. I know she has been enjoying all of the activities. She is adjusting very well, and it has been a good experience for her.

Constance Barr

Thank you very much for sharing your family's experience with Eastlake Terrace. We are delighted that your sister is adjusting to her new home there and enjoying the varied activities. Eastlake is a beautiful, well-run community and we never tire of hearing good things about them from residents and families. Stephanie Maupin is the compassionate Administrator, who heads the stellar team there.

So far, so good!!

My mother is still getting adjusted to the changes of going from independent living to assisted living. The staff has been taking good care of her and she is pleased with the meals. I would recommend this facility because we have had a good experience with them so far.

Constance Barr

It is great to hear that your family has had a positive experience with Eastlake Terrace and that your mother is adjusting to her new situation. The caring and compassion team at Eastlake will continue to support her during the transition. Thank you for taking time to share your review and we appreciate the sincere accolades.

Social environment for memory care residents

My mother moved here from another community and it seems to be a better fit for her. They have suggested physical therapy to her and she is now walking ten steps with a walker. It appears they have enough staff. She has dementia but they include her in things. I appreciate that they are getting her up,dressing her and taking her around the building for tours six times a day. If she needs to sit they don't just put her in bed they let her sit in her recliner. She tries to communicate with other residents and it is so cute. One of the ladies told me the other day they she would keep and eye on her. My experience so far with Eastlake Terrace has been positive so far. I like that they have allow her to have social interaction and she isn't sitting in her room all day. The one thing they could improve is communication.

Constance Barr

Thank you so much for sharing your family's experience with Eastlake Terrace. We are delighted that your mother is thriving, moving and is more socially engaged. Eastlake Terrace is exceptional in many ways, with a team of dedicated and compassionate folks. They regularly manifest our company mission statement: Creating environments where moments of joy, independence and wellness are the focus each and every day.

Misrepresented Care

Care services are misrepresented. Information provided by the manager relative to ability to care for my Mother was not accurate.
Coordinated services to move Mom from the hospital back to East Lake were horrible. Left in the ambulance for hours returning to East Lake was unbelievable. No medicine, no hospital bed and no personal care components were ready.
We had contracted with a local Nursing Home following Mom's last hospital visit but were convinced by the East Lake Manager that they were more than capable of managing her care, obviously not true. Mom died later that night.

Very nice place to live

A Wonderful place. Staff is very friendly and pleasant. Place is very light even the halls where appartments are located. Lots of activity for the residents ,wonderful food. Staff is always mingling with residents and available all the time. very nice atrium where residents gather.Very glad my mom chose Eastlake Terrace.

Constance Barr

Sheryl, thank you so much for taking the time to share your review and accolades. Eastlake Terrace is a cut above. We are very proud of this community and the stellar care they provide the residents.

Friendly, caring staff

Eastlake Terrace does a wonderful job! The staff here is very personable, and they know the residents and all of their family members by name! They really get to know the people they look after, and they'll check in when my loved one skips a meal or just seems to not be herself. We just really feel like she is in a safe place and we don't have to worry anymore!

Constance Barr

Thanks so much for taking a moment to share your impressions of Eastlake Terrace. We are so happy that we could alleviate your concerns about your mom's safety and well-being. Our compassionate caregivers provide exceptional care for our residents and we are very proud of them.

needs improvement with interacting and communication

They need improvement with interacting. Especially when we need to find out things that are going in the facility. Also improvement with communication.

Constance Barr

Thank you for sharing your concerns. You make a good point. No matter how well we think we are communicating, there is always room for improvement. We will strive to do a better job of sharing information in the future.

A hidden jewel

I think the care is excellent, but here's the [removed] my father, when he first came in, he was experiencing sundowning; so if you're a family member they really appreciate your willingness to work with them so they can understand your family members. I think if you're not engaged and you just leave the person there it won't work. The staff tries to do everything they can but you have to be willing as a family member to do your part. Chris Peters, who's in charge, really just wanted to the business and he made every effort to make it work for me and my loved one. We did have many frank coversations about how impared my loved one is and I think that Chris is the one that is key to making things work. If they have a concern about a medical thing they will call me until they get ahold of me, the foods great, the kitchen staff's wonderful, it's immaculate and very very nice.

Very impressed

They maintain an open line of communication with us when something happens with our loved one. The friendliness of the staff was really great. Heather the coordinator was really friendly and will to work with us. She answered every question and showed us the rooms. The rooms have a true walk in shower where there is no lip at all. They carry a lifeline type device around their necks that is able to call for help by pushing the button when they need it. Overall we have been very impressed with the community and would recommend it to anyone.

Atria Eastlake Terrace was visited pr...

Atria Eastlake Terrace was visited previously by the family. It was considered as a possibility for both. Biggest issue it does not present a care continum, nursing facility is run by a different part of company and is located nearby.

Our Family is Committed to Yours.®

Amenities and Services
• Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
• Medication management
• Dining assistance and special diets
• Assistance with reminders and redirection
• Escorts and assistance with walking
• Emergency response call system