Sunrise of Burlington - Burlington, ON

Room Type Monthly Range* (CAD)

beautiful surroundings has a memory floor a little to far and over budget

Horrible sevixe

The psws are wonderful
....[name removed]...[name removed]
..[name removed]...[name removed] and many more 100%. After my patient passed.....shhhhh
..admin was horrible! I had to fight for my living parent money back as my one parent died 2nd day of a month and we had to pay the full month! So lunch money do back. It took over 110 days plus multiple phone calls. I can't tell you how many. Neither [name removed] or [name removed] returned the calls until I got a little upset. So many calls mo call backs. Finally 1 with a promise to call [name removed] within 2 days
To this day no call back.
After which my parent
Finally got the refund. Shame in you all! I'm disgusted!

Not impressed with Sunrise Burlington.

I placed my Mother here for 1 month respite. Unfortunately she ended up in hospital after 24 hours at Sunrise from a pre-existing issue. Sunrise never called or followed up to see how my Mother was doing. On top of that they tried to cash a cheque for a full month of service a week and half after she left. Not impressed at all with Sunrise.

Sunrise Senior Living

We’re sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience. We care deeply about the safety and well-being of our residents and staff. Please contact us at information (at) sunriseseniorliving.com so that we can learn more. –The Sunrise Team

Nice place overall

Sunrise of Burlington was a nice place overall, in terms of the friendliness of the staff and the facility itself. However, we were very disappointed in the food. My loved one said the menu lacked variety, they'd serve the same things quite often, and also the food itself was generally just very bland.

It's a very nice place.

Everyone was very friendly. The meals seem really good, and the rooms were adequate. It was very clean and well kept. It's very expensive, and didn't end up being the best fit for us. Overall I would give them an 8 out of 10.

Excellent facility!

My husband was in need of short term rehab and Sunrise seemed like the best option. The staff is friendly, very helpful and knowledgeable. Many have been employed for years (up to 10) which I feel is an excellent example of their dedication. The facility is only 12 years old.
A physiotherapist is on staff along with an assistant, so most of the CCAC therapist visits are being saved until my husband is at home.
Food is excellent and facilities are very clean.
We had a different experience because of the short-term rehab stay and my husband did not participate in many activities, but something was always happening and other residents were enjoying themselves. Because it is a smaller facility than some, it felt more like a community.
Thanks to A Place for Mom, I found the best place for my husband, who will be coming home soon after 8 weeks. Cost was a bit more than some, but I believe it was well worth the value. My husband has been very happy with his stay, which outweighs extra costs. Will definitely recommend to friends in need of an assisted living facility.

Good but expensive

I knew it was expensive but the final price was not know until I signed
Its a very nice place

Sunrise of Burlington is fabulous

My mom has been at Sunrise for a year. She has done very well since moving there. She was not at all excited about the idea of moving from her home, but now she actually calls Sunrise "my house"!
The facilities at Sunrise are really great; very clean, very well maintained and appropriate for the residents. The best part of the place is the staff. They are just AMAZING! I have watched how they treat all of the residents with a great deal of respect and care, regardless of their capacity.

Even though the location is a bit inconvenient for me personally, I would not dream of moving my mom from Sunrise as she is so happy there.

...this would be my choice if we needed care.

It's a place to go when you are really old, or need a lot of care. The rooms are tiny, but, this would be my choice if we needed care. This seems like where you go while you wait for hospice. It's nice and clean. There is no shuttle service, though, and it's just not a very socially active community.

Sunrise Senior Living

Please know that we take all concerns seriously and would like to learn more about your experience at Sunrise. Please email Information (at) SunriseSeniorLiving (dot) com with further details so we may follow up. Thank you, Sunrise Team

At Sunrise of Burlington we seek to offer individualized service plans to each resident, while maintaining and enhancing their quality of life. We offer long and short term stay options and a broad menu of services and activities from which to choose; including medication monitoring, incontinence services , concierge service, beautiful outdoor gardens and well-planned activities.

We offer a selection of suite sizes to suit individual needs with our rates starting at $3192.00 per month for Basic Care in a companion suite. As needs change so too can the services and care Sunrise provides.

An innovative program of life-fulfilling care, called Reminiscence, delivered in a separate, secure and uniquely designed neighbourhood meets the needs of residents with Alzheimer disease and memory impairment. This program supports each individual’s existing capabilities while reaffirming dignity and self-esteem, with rates starting at $4924.00 per month.

Our full-service monthly fee includes the rental of your suite with kitchenette, spacious bathroom and also includes utilities. All three daily meals are nutritious and delicious and are prepared onsite and served in our beautiful dining rooms. Snacks and beverages are available in our Bistro anytime of the day or night. Full housekeeping services including personal laundry and linens service.

Our beautiful location is also worth seeing. We are steps to the lake and conveniently located next to Lakeside Plaza where folks can grocery shop or grab a Tim Hortons!