Dulaney Valley Assisted Living at Baldwin - Baldwin, MD

They Provide Suitable Care

I am happy with the care here. I feel she is getting meals, she is clean, and has care. They run a pretty tight ship. The home is clean along with the residents. The meals are prepared and cooked at the home. My cousin has been able to go out the the deck but I hope they will incorporate exercises or suitable activities. It is a clean, cozy, bright light home and they are doing a good job.

Staff seems to be friendly and helpful

extremely clean

It is extremely clean at Dulaney Valley Assisted Living at Baldwin. The staff has been very good in dealing with moms insomnia. They were just really helpful and caring. The food is really good here and they have a very diverse selection. The location is really nice and wooded with wild life all around. Overall I am really pleased with everything here.

Dont bring your loved one here

The residents have no activities to do during the day. They are always losing help there are no constant workers. Mr Ted is so ignorant it seems like he always has a attitude.

SO FAR I GIVE A 10+ ALL THE PEOPLE ARE EXCELLENENT.

I CAN GIVE DULANEY VALLEY ASSISTED LIVING A 10 AND THEN SOME.
THE OWNERS AND STAFF ARE EXCELLENT.
I FEEL I MADE AN OUTSTANDING CHOICE LOCATING MY AUNT AT
DULANEY VALLEY.

Good until the bitter end

My Mom had a long journey with Alzheimer's disease. We chose Dulaney Valley because she was beginning to fall into furniture and walls at her home. Dulaney Valley was small and homey, and close to us for visits. Despite the frequent turnover in help, one constant was Mr. T . Mom seemed to feel comfortable around him, all the residents do. His wife is the nurse and travels to the other facilities owned by her Son. She told me Mom would not have to go outside the home for nursing care or end of life hospice care. When Mom began to have trouble eating, The nurse advised that she would be going downhill. While I was visiting my daughter, apparently Mom began to fail, but I did not know that until a phone call from the nurse when I returned from my travel. I went to visit and was shocked at her condition compared to when I saw her two weeks before. She was in obvious pain. I had to arrange to meet the intake nurse to sign paperwork for hospice care, wait for the doctor, (who was out of town), while my Mother was dying and in terrible pain. Where was the "end of life" care we were promised when we contracted with D.V.A.L.? This process took far too long and was a horrible experience to live through. I found out through the literature from the hospice that arrangements could have been put in place six months ago! My opinion is that since they added more facilities and were in the process of remodeling Dulaney Valley while my Mother lay dying, everyone was too busy to get her the comfort and care she was due at the end of her life. My Mother could not speak very well since one of the symptoms of the terrible disease is aphasia, but the last thing she said to me was the most gut-wrenching and will haunt me always, she said "I hurt".

Nice but very confined and concerned ...

Nice but very confined and concerned about the stairs.

This place was a lot smaller than wha...

This place was a lot smaller than what we have seen. The staff were nice. It had a homey feel, though the building itself is older. the outdoor space was a small deck. there wasn't much activity at the time.

When your loved one can no longer safely live alone, please consider Dulaney Valley Assisted Living as an alternative.

Our community is owned and operated by family, an R.N. with a Master's degree in Rehab and Geriatric care.

Let your loved one experience our specialized care supervised by the expertise of Suzanne Hannon, R.N., MSN. We offer excellent care in a loving, home-like environment. All levels of care are accepted with additional services of Respite and Hospice Care. Come visit us in one of Maryland's most beautiful country sides near Loch Raven Reservior and horse farms.

Our residents are allowed to experience the dignity that they have earned throughout their life time. We encourage their participation in such activities as helping us with our vegetable and flower gardens.

We are pleased to annouce the opening of our second location closer to the city and the Towson area.