Greenfield Senior Living at Cockeysville - Cockeysville, MD

“Believe none of what you hear and only half of what you see”

-Most “care managers” are paid minimum wage and have no more training to care for people than a fast food restaurant cashier. (There’s a reason they are called “care managers” instead of CNAs, and it’s because they are not certified.)
-Understaffing is “hidden” by counting one person as two positions...if a care manager takes a weekend class to be a “medical technician”, then the claim can be made that there are is a “caregiver and a med tech” in the building, but it’s really one person doing two jobs, which means less care and attention for people.
-Most people are doing two jobs; As of October 2018, the Designating Nurse is also the Health Care Coordinator, The Executive Director is also the Resident Care Coordinator, the Sales Director is also the Program Coordinator. There is no maintenance person and only one part-time housekeeper, so....with most people doing two jobs, does that mean most jobs are only half-done?

Don’t be fooled

Spend a day here, unannounced. Participate in the activities- if they actually happen. (Just because the calendar lists activities, that does NOT mean they take place. ) Eat a meal. Talk to residents. Ask staff how long they have worked there, and if they are CNA certified.
Then go do the same thing at other facilities.
If your loved one is going to live at one of these locations, you should at least spend one day walking in the shoes you’re going to put them in! Don’t be fooled by a tour featuring fresh paint and a bunch of untruths.

Dear [name removed], I thought the facility was very cozy. My Mom and I really liked it. Living in Cockeysville all her life, this would be a great place for her.

Ask Questions

Visit more than one time, at different times of day and evening, different days of the week. Talk to residents and their families. Ask for references. Ask how long each staff member has worked in their current position at this location. Within the past two years, there have been 4 different executive directors, 2 different nurses, 4 different cooks, 3 different maintenance people, 3 different housekeepers, and 4 different activities people. That doesn’t even include the caregivers, because there have been too many to count. This place can’t retain staff in any position-and then ought to tell you something.

Understaffed, High Turnover

Staff, while “sweet”, is largely untrained, uncertified as CNA or GNA, and unmonitored. Turnover is incredible, and being understaffed is a daily occurrence.

Do your homework

Do your homework. Visit after 6pm, at mealtimes, on weekends and on holidays. Speak to staff and visitors. Ask for references from current residents’ families.
Do not trust online reviews or the information in tours or brochures.

Staff are attentive and caring

I have found the employees of Greenfield to be caring and kind. They treat my mom with dignity and respect. On numerous occasions I have witnessed them go above and beyond in their care of her. Its a relief to know that she's in capable hands!

Great Community

My father has been a resident at Greenfield for over two years. The staff is remarkable and treats him with great care and kindness. It's so comforting to know he's treated with dignity and love.

The price is great. Friendly staff. The outdoor area was small. If you are looking for a small group home, this will suit your needs well.

A great sense of community!

I thoroughly researched a number of communities before deciding on Greenfield Senior Living At Cockeysville.

The home was recommended to me by a friend whose mother spent the last two years of her life there. She said that her mother loved the place and always had a smile on her face when she visited.

My sister has now been there three months and could not be happier. The care is exceptional and there is a wonderful sense of community between the staff and residents.

Thank you!

Over the passed five years two relatives have lived in this community. First my Aunt who sadly passed away a couple of years ago and now my mom who moved in six months ago.

Overall, we are extremely happy with the quality of the home and level of care provided. I therefore wanted to express my gratitude to Greenfield and the staff at the Cockeysville community by writing this review!

Thank you!

Do your homework

Talk to residents and their families for REAL reviews. Most of the positive online reviews here are outdated or have been borrowed from another location’s website. There is no fitness room, no religious service, small pets are not welcome, there are almost no activities, and the staff to resident ratio is never 1:8 , although all of this is claimed to be true online. Even the photos are outdated- the place doesn’t look like these pictures anymore.

Excellent Home!

Greenfield Senior Living is homely and the atmosphere is relaxed and informal. Overall, a thoroughly excellent care home. The staff are caring and their residents are treated with dignity. There are many activities to keep the residents occupied and the facilities are in great shape and kept clean. My father is extremely happy there!

Quality care

At Greenfield Senior Living I have found the staff to be professional, supportive and caring in every way. Management is always approachable and willing to assist with everything. Most importantly Greenfield Senior Living provides a high standard of care, not only physically but also socially and emotionally. I would therefore highly recommend Greenfield Senior Living to anyone considering long term care.

Love this community

I was impressed on my first visit and in the following months, there has been nothing that has changed that view.
The professionalism and care displayed by all employees is to be applauded. Excellent community on every level!

Two Thumbs Up!

Everything about this community is great. The staff and the level of care they provide, the surroundings and the food. I am very satisfied and so is my father who has been there a few weeks now.

EXCELLENT COMMUNITY!

My mother has been in this community for around four years. Initially I was extremely happy, but last year things started to go downhill. I raised my concerns with the executive director at the time but received little satisfaction. I then contacted the Greenfield Corporate office and was pleasantly surprised in regards to their responsiveness. They listened to my concerns and took action almost immediately. The home now has a new director and the quality of staff has greatly improved. In fact, it is like night and day!

I understand how issues can come up in any type of business. However, it is how the management addresses (or does not address) these issues that is a true testament as to the integrity and quality of a company. I am pleased to say that Greenfield went over and above board to alleviate and rectify my concerns and for this reason I am giving them 5 stars!

downhill in a hurry

Several months ago the Greenfield location in Cockeysville was good. Since then, they changed the staff - or should I say eliminated many of the staff and replaced them with less people. The care has been deplorable since the new administrator took over. Its been about a month and many of the families are making other arrangements for their loved ones. There should be plenty of vacancies shortly if not already. Think twice about moving someone you care about there.

Not Good News

Please be aware that there have been changes in the corporate management since summer 2017. This is NOT the same place that produced the former good reviews. Budget cuts, staffing cuts, [Removed] of maintenance and personnel problems = bad atmosphere, bad care, and a bad experience. Look for something else!

Not a safe place

This place is unacceptable! My father was found dirty several times and had a period of insomnia that was never reported to us. Also, their pharmacy and psychologist dropped them. We were told that a new psychologist was on staff but after an incident we were told that he didn't receive the evaluation he was supposed to have. High staff turnover and treated rudely by management after raising some concerns. Daily staff was nice when they weren't quitting.

This is a nice little place; however, the facility is smaller and more intimate. It may not be a good option for my Mom who likely wants more socialization with a larger group.

Good tour

I liked Greenfield Senior Living, it's a nice community with friendly staff.

Overall A Nice Community

This is a wonderful community with great people. I know my loved one is in good hands. She is still adjusting to the community, but she being cared for well here. It is really a good place for her to be. Everybody is great, and the staff is wonderful. There are nice activities available for the residents. She loves the meals, the food is good. I know she is safe and I would recommend this community.

We really liked this place

Exceptional, wonderful, amazing!

I cannot express how happy my family is with our decision to place my Mom at Autumn. The administrator, staff, and even other residents have been so welcoming and helpful in making this overwhelming life change easier. The staff hasn't overlooked anything which could make my Mom and family feel happier, more relaxed or more at peace in the choice to move her from home to a facility. Her personal, medical, emotional and social needs are all being met and have surpassed anything we could have ever hoped for. Autumn is always sparkling clean, decorated in a cheery and homey fashion, and the meals served are amazing. There are also many activities throughout the day to stimulate the senses and promote interaction with others. I am grateful every day for the entire team at Autumn and all their tireless efforts to give my Mom every opportunity to be her best and thrive.

I liked the other location ...

I liked the other location better, but not the quality of care. Charlotte stated they did not have a room available. The rate for Level 3 respite in a private room was $5000/month. She stated the applying for MA could take as long as 5 yrs on a waiting list. It could be an option to use VA benefit coverage, which takes less time. However, I don't know if you would be limited to VA sponsored facilities. The shared room would be $3400/month, single room $5000/month. She offered to visit Mom to talk to her and assess (not formally), if she would be appropriate for lower than Level 3 care. I really don't think she would.

LIKE VERY MUCH, WAITING TO ...

LIKE VERY MUCH, WAITING TO SEE IF A SEMI-PRIVATE ROOM COMES AVAILABLE.