Douglas Residential Care - Long Beach, CA

Pleasant new owner

I was quite surprised with this facility.. very clean, doesn’t smell like a home with elderly (unlike the ones i visited in the same area), their caregivers are very friendly and the new owner is very accommodating.

I have to be honest, reading the old reviews from the old owner made me hesitant to do the tour, but pleasantly surprised with the new owner.

The price is very reasonable, will definitely consider this place.

I took a tour yesterday and was disappointed. The home is not well kept. The outside and inside of the home needs painting and new furniture is need throughout. I meet the new owner and was actually pleased with her . The home was very clean and didn’t have an odor when you walked in. I would say that if those improvement were made I would consider my Father staying there. Also the price was very reasonable.,

Terrible care unskilled staff

If your love one can take care on their own it is okay however when they decline this place is TERRIBLE the owner/administrator can not keep competent workers he is rude and condescending he claims to know how to care for the elderly but has no clue when demonstrated how to do a simple diaper change he said he knew what to do please please investigate this man before placing your love One in his care because once they get to where they can't take care of themselves his care is poor nonexisting. never saw that registered nurse that was the administrator just gave a lot of talk please beware this is not a place where you want your Loveone to go

Beware...if you have to pull out middle of the month!!

Care was OK. They refused to return half the money to my moms estate.( Just like a used car dealer).. You will be charged for every little thing ..Mom was over sedated..Please make sure you read the contract. You will have a TON of paper work to fill out. ( I mean a TON!!) Please read every little detail!!. I still had to p/u meds and pull ups and wipes??? and deal with phone calls everyday about what to do..Dont sign till you really understand. My fault I was burned by Doug.... Good Christian nursing homes dont pull this..We lost approx 1,250.00 half months rent for mom + silly expensenses...We had to pull her out early... Money paid for no services rendered half month.. Thats all Im going to say. Good luck.. Your on your own... Currently filing more complaints with the nursing homes review board.

Great Care for My Husband

My husband is there. He doesn't participate in the activities because of the condition that he's in. They do as much as they can with him. I like the care that they give him. It's a small place and he gets care that he couldn't get anywhere else. The staff is very nice and very committed to the patients. Overall, they have done my husband very well.

My husband has been in 6 or 7 places before this and we've always had the same problem where he is too aggressive and they can't handle him. He's been here since August and they haven't had any issue with that yet.

Place is cramped with no ce...

Place is cramped with no central air. Manager could not give firm prices. Could not accommodate both parents.

Douglas Residential Care in Long Beach, California 90808 is a residential care facility with 6 licensed beds, compared to the state average of 15. See information on health care quality in residential care facilities, why quality matters to you, and how you can help get the care you deserve.
Some California residential care facilities provide better care than others. The CalQualityCare.org website provides data on California residential care facilities licensing, inspections, citations, complaints, deficiencies, penalties, clients served, care needs, oversight, regulation, locked perimeters, and delayed exits.
Free and easy-to-use, CalQualityCare.org offers unbiased information on the quality of California residential care facilities, along with tips and checklists about how to choose a facility, questions to ask, how to pay for care, and what to do if something goes wrong.