Brittany House - Long Beach, CA

good place

It's kept very well. Overall rating is that it is a good place.

Grateful for their care

My grandfather was at this facility for 6 months before he passed. The facility was clean and every member of staff was friendly and professional.
We appreciated their patience with our questions and they always had a solution.

Kaiser approved facility

We like it at Brittany House. We are happy with everything. This facility is a Kaiser approved facility so they have a Kaiser Doctor over there periodically. That is is the main reason we chose this place. We are really happy here.

they make mom smile

I notice when I am there with my mother and walking with her, different caregivers will come back and say hi to her by name and tell me they love her smile. So even though the majority of the time she is not too active, when she is around other people they do seem to make her smile. It is a difficult position to be in no matter where you put your loved ones, but Brittany House does a very good job.

very friendly

Everything with Brittany House so far has gone very well. The facility is very clean, and all the staff there are very friendly and helpful. I have been satisfied and do not have any complaints.

This facility has visitation hours from 10:00 AM to 7:00 PM. This rule applies to family members as well. The lack of transparency in this policy is a show stopper.

Love Brittany House!

The moment I walked into Brittany House I fell in love. Not only was the staff extremely friendly, but the facility was clean and had such a homey environment. Both my mother and I knew that we had found the place for my grandfather. It's very affordable for the care they provide, and we truly couldn't ask for anything more. My grandfather loves his knew home and we have the piece of mind knowing that he is properly taken care of.

I have been really impressed with them.

They have done a really good job. The staff is very friendly, and happy too. They were the least expensive we found. They have a reasonably good variety of activities. The food looks fine and our loved one is eating well. I have been really impressed with them. Their facility is very inviting, it was very nice inside, and bright, it didn't seem like a hospital. The woman who showed us around knew all the residents and was very knowledgeable about not only the facility, but Alzheimer's as well. This also came recommended by more than one source.

Not sure

Very limited touring experience, not very transparent organization...

Very nice place

It's a great looking community, and all of the staff are very friendly and upbeat. It feels like they really care about and get to know the residents. The activities they provide are good, but I feel there is a bit of room for improvement, they could just use more variety, and more in general.

Great Place

It was a great place. They clean everyday. There is a woman that comes to each unit and she vacuums and cleans and dusts and there is another lady that does the laundry daily. That's more than I do at home!

They try to please the patient as well as the family and it was less than they cost of some of the other places. They always helped my husband to a standing positions and made sure he got to meals. The generally watched over him and the other patients very well.

For activities, they left the participation up to the patient. I think that a little more involvement by the staff to encourage patients that are new and shy would be helpful.

This place is absolutely the best!

I'm very satisfied with the way things are working out. They've been extremely cooperative and very helpful. They're really looking out for my mom. She has dementia and Alzheimer's and we're placing her, still in Brittany House, but under the umbrella of hopsice care. It's not necessarily a bad thing as the perception of hospice usually is. It's an opportunity to give her more care within the same facility.

Everything is extrememly convenient for her care. I'm extrememly impressed and highly recommend the place. The personnel is fantastic. They're designed to care for people that have the dementia. The security is very important and they're there to assist them. I go at all times of the day and I've never seen anyting less than what would would want for your mom.

ActivCare at Brittany House is a specialized center offering residential living and care for residents affected by Alzheimer's disease, dementia or other memory loss. ActivCare at Brittany House's many levels of care provides compassionate care and promotes self-esteem and individual dignity throughout the stages of dementia and memory loss. ActivCare is an innovative program that bridges the gap between retirement living and skilled nursing care, by recognizing what people with Alzheimer's really need - activity, security and unconditional caring in a supportive, comfortable environment.