Nice staff

I made a visit this past week and found the caregiving staff friendly and caring. The young ladies were efficient and responsive. It was nice to see caregiving staff that seemed like they really cared about the residents.

Not for us, thank you!

I spent 14 months visiting and caring for my parent at Dogwood Bend. Everything was great until Christmas 2017 when almost all the outstanding staff left. New management hired what I consider unqualified and rude staff. The quality of food changed for the worse immediately. Living conditions, in my view, became unsanitary and unsafe. The hot water didn't work properly for weeks, residents weren't bathed, rooms were left uncleaned, incorrect medications were distributed, and narcotics went missing. Other management changes in January and February didn't help improve the decaying situation. Since the ongoing changes just created more uproar and weren't solving any problems, my family gave notice to leave because we could no longer tolerate the incompetence, rudeness, mismanagement, and dissembling from staff. This is no place for old people who can't defend themselves. Thank goodness we got out and newer, up-to-date facilities were available in Clarksville.

Used to be a very nice place

Based on personal experience with a family member resident in the facility, I know that Dogwood Bend used to be a wonderful community to which loved ones could be entrusted. Prior to [date removed], the facility was staffed by a strong team of hardworking, trustworthy, trained, long term, caring and devoted personnel. Prior to [date removed], Dogwood Bend was a place people wanted to stay and enjoy their senior years. However, in my opinion, the arrival of new management, resulted in the entire place falling apart in a matter of weeks. Long term employees quit or were fired. In my opinion, administrative concern for residents' safety and health plummeted. Showers were not given and rooms were not cleaned for weeks. New employees, many without substantial background in elder care, received a bare minimum of training before being allowed to undertake key duties such as medication distribution. Although Dogwood Bend, promised changes that would restore the prior friendly, safe and congenial atmosphere of the facility, the larger problems, in my opinion, remain fully unresolved. Several residents moved out for a variety of reasons, including a sense that the high cost at Dogwood Bend wasn't worth the deteriorating services now received. Staffing there is a revolving door, creating, in my opinion, an unstable and uncertain environment to a population of vulnerable seniors who need calm routine in their lives. At this point, I would never recommend Dogwood Bend as a place to put a loved family member. Definitely do your homework before selecting any long term care facility for a family member. I was amazed at how quickly a once splendid place like Dogwood Bend could hit the skids. If the place ever returns to its former charm, it will be a miracle.

A good tour

This looked like a really nice looking community when we visited. We did not see any residents when we visited so it did not seem very active. The rooms were small and we were not sure where my parents would put their motorized wheelchairs. The person that took us on tour was nice.

I liked the people here and how they interacted with the residents.

My loved one lives here but I am not in the area. I liked it when I was there. I liked the people here and how they interacted with the residents. I haven't heard any complaints so far, so it seems like it's working out pretty well.

Dogwood Bend

Your feedback is greatly appreciated! It makes me very happy to hear that you are pleased with our community!

Home Away from Home!

Upon visiting Dogwood Bend on multiple occasions I observed that the atmosphere of this community is pleasant and clean. There has always been someone to greet me at the door each time. Everyone at Dogwood Bend keeps a smile on their face and was very approachable which also allows the morale of this community to be high. The staff is always prepared to help a resident and/or visitor when there is a question or concern. Overall, Dogwood Bend is a home away from home and I would recommend anyone looking for an assisted living facility here.

Dogwood Bend

Wow, your review just made my day! What a wonderful feeling to know that visitors feel so welcomed here! Thank you so much for the review!!

Amazing !!!!

This place is just like home the customer service is amazing and the staff is very compassionate and truly care and I wouldn't want my love one any where else. I highly recommend them they are like family

Dogwood Bend

It is such a privilege to serve such wonderful people here! I truly appreciate your feedback! Thank you for allowing us to care for your loved one.

Overall, I like it.

Sometimes my loved ones medicine is not always given. I think they should work with him more. It would be good if they could stand him up more. Overall, I like it. It's a small community. Everything has been fine. I just have to make sure they give him his medicine. I wish they could have an automatic door for people who use wheelchairs. I think that would be nice. My overall rating of the Dogwood Bend is 3 1/2 stars.

Dogwood Bend

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We truly appreciate your feedback and will do everything we can to address your concerns. Please feel free to stop by my office at your convenience to discuss any concerns. It is our goal to provide excellent service to our residents and their families.

Completely satisfied!

I think they do an excellent job overall at Dogwood Bend! Everyone is very friendly, and the facility itself is clean and well kept. I visit often, and everything is always nice looking. We are completely satisfied, they take great care of my loved one!

Dogwood Bend

Your feedback is so important to us. It makes me so happy to hear how satisfied you are with our community and the care we provide. Thank you so much for your review! It's a huge privilege to care for your loved one!

Very friendly staff, we have been very pleased with the service so far.

Dogwood Bend

Thank you so much. We truly appreciate your review. If I can ever be of any assistance please feel free to contact me!

When the demands of living in your home require more than you’re willing and able to give on your own, you’ll find a welcome home here.

To us assisted living means two things. You do the living and we help you do just that. Our personal assistants provide what you need when you need it. Here, the emphasis is less on paperwork and more on people. Our licensed nurse and certified medication aides get to know our residents like family – with all of their unique needs and preferences – it’s like home.

Dining is such a focal point of our residents’ day. It starts with an open breakfast – with eggs just the way you like them. We accommodate our early risers ready for toast and coffee as well as those who can’t start the day without a big hot breakfast. Comfort foods, foods familiar and favorite are part of our menu.

Our admission counseling services are comprehensive. Our administrator helps guide the family through all of the care options available to them as well as through the maze of paperwork involved to access private our public long-term care benefits. Making it easy on the family is priority one.