Get well and go home

My father was at the facility for knee rehabilitation for 1 week. The place is under new management and completely renovated. Starting from admissions to therapists the place deserves a 5 star rating.
Very attentive staff and my fathers experience was great.
Thank you UES rehabilitation center!!!

awful

This is the worst. Therapists are good. But nursing staff and doctors are inefficient and are constantly making mistakes. Do not send your love ones here!!

Terrible place

Please please please do not take your love ones in this place.The place is dirty with men people ,food is horrible

Awful Experience at DeWitt

My elderly aunt spent almost three weeks there. The staff was friendly enough and seemed to perform basic care services adequately. But it stopped there. The place was drab, very dirty, poorly maintained, seemed unsanitary. The doctor assigned to her saw her a couple times during her 3 week stay, the psychiatrist who was supposed to assess her,NEVER saw her, and the social worker was ok but not very effective. They treated her like an imbecile, though she was of clear mind, never explaining to her what the various medications were for. Also inexcusable is that no one on the staff called her family members to update us. EVER. We'd have to chase them down, leave multiple messages and emails, and often still not hear back. And this would be for a check-in every several days, we weren't trying to contact them too frequently. Their follow through on anything we requested was awful. We're still trying to get our aunt's full records from them over a week after she's been discharged. Despite being promised we'd have them last week, we can't anyone to call us back. Both we and my Aunt found it overall a completely unsatisfactory experience.

Horrible

Horrible!
[removed] It is privately owned and for profit facility. Do not even consider leaving your loved one there. My Aunt is deaf and they do not even try to communicate with her properly, she has been there for 5 months and they just tested her hearing 2 weeks ago. She is also a diabetic and is given sugar and candy. I am hopefully getting her home soon!

Run don't walk your loved ones out of here!

Run don't walk away from this horrible place. Visited my aunt on Friday, September 11, 2015 on the tenth floor and encountered one of the most [removed] people, let alone nurses, I have ever come in contact with.
[removed]

I was willing to look past the dirty , cramped rooms if there was compassionate care, but this was anything but that. Sadly the nursing staff and social worker were so mean that we are still reeling from this awful experience.
My aunt left the home a few days later, but not soon enough, I was even nervous to post this review for fear that the nursing staff, while she was there, would be even more cruel to [removed]

Lack of care

My Aunt was in the rehab dept, it was dirty , the aides were in hall talking, patients were calling for help and no one answers. The place is a mess, the board of health & joint commission, has to be notified, of lack of service this place gives there patients.

It's a shame that it today's time the patients have to go without care, meanwhile dewitt collects Medicare, Medicaid from this patients.

Unknown

Dewitt nursing home needs a make over..in need of painting..especially all patients floors..management needs to update the entrance..patient toilets and shower rooms are horrible..dirty and rusty..patients need a better day room with lots of chairs and tables..most patients eat on there wheel chairs..need better hygiene for patients..poor care for dementia and bedridden patiens..in need of new hand soap dispensers...the ones in patient rooms are antihygienic..also poor housekeeping..ect.,ect..Compare to other Nursing homes.."Dewitt needs new management!!..,to fix this place!!

Not for me!!!

Not at all what they represent to your medical benefit company. I was just there from 1-18-15 to 1-29-15. I just having spinal fusion surgery, had to clean the shared toilet and sink areas They bill for services you most certainly do do not receive. Staff more concern with arguing over hours and pay than residents. Rehabilitation staff are excellent! But that is all. The one or two dedicated CNA staff are dumped upon and exploited to exhaustion. The others are the classic suck their teeth; roll their eyes at you non professionals. I signed my self out, refusing to be a cash cow to such services.

AWFUL!

That place was a place where you just send people to die. Awful, awful facility De Witt Rehab. My father would have gotten lost there if I wasn’t advocating for him and trying to get him out. I never paid them and they haven’t come after me. I don’t think they’ve realized that I never paid and that shows the kind of facility they run. They treated him really poorly. I made complaints and they were never addressed.

Not sure if I liked this one as much....

Not sure if I liked this one as much. While the activities were all good & well, I felt that it was too big of a facility for the type of care I want for my grandmother. As well as the setting, it is a very hospital like setting, cold & some floors had an odor. In comparison to Fairview, they won it Hands Down!