|Room Type||Monthly Range* (USD)|
Get Pricing >
$ #,### - #,###
Get Pricing >
$ #,### - #,###
Get Pricing >
Click Here to Get Pricing: Get Pricing
* Published prices are provided by the providers themselves, not by reviewers. Actual quotes may differ from what is presented based on timing and services required.
- Complimentary Transportation
- Pets Allowed
- No Smoking Allowed in Private Areas Indoors
- No Smoking Allowed in Public Areas Indoors
Everything is fine at Destinations. My mother needed a place to live and they were very helpful from across the country, (she had lived in New York and wanted to be closer) they tried to be as helpful as they could and it's worked out fine for us.
Not impressed by this one at all
We toured quite a few Destinations locations, and this one was not impressive. It had no elevators, and while my husband and I are still very active, this may be a concern for those who would have trouble going up and down stairs. They talked the food up quite a bit, but it was not good. This location generally just felt shabby, and isn't in the greatest neighborhood.
At Destinations, a 55+ senior apartment community in Las Vegas, we have set colossal standards for quality and choice, and in all things fun. You will be amazed by how many exciting social and recreational activities there are just waiting for you. Our signature Destinations Clubhouse™ provides a gathering place for friends, and a place to make new ones. And with no boring home maintenance projects anymore, you’ll really be able to live it up!
Destinations – it’s a fun place. Tell your friends!
Westwood Plaza is an independent and assisted living community in an area that offers safe access to restaurants and shopping as well as many other amenities.
With a walk score of 41, Las Vegas isn't a highly walkable city. However, a warm climate and the excitement of the city mean there is always someplace to go. Veterans can find numerous resources here.
- Walk Score: 41 out of 100.
- Average Age: Median age of 37.8.
- Cost of Living Index: 96 (US average is 100).
- Number of Senior Facilities: 40 assisted living and 90 senior living facilities cater to Vegas seniors.
- Weather: Located in the Nevada desert, Las Vegas has sweltering summers and cold winters. It's dry and clear year round. Over the course of the year, temperature range from 38 degrees to 105 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Veterans Facilities: VA facilities in Vegas include VA Southern Nevada Healthcare System : Emergency Room Veteran Hospital, VA Southwest Primary Care Clinic and Las Vegas Vet Center.
Public transportation options for seniors in Las Vegas offer at least four major options to select from, including:
- Bus: The Regional Transportation Commission (RTC) gets residents around the city with regularly scheduled stops. This inexpensive mass transit option is great for seniors, who get a discount.
- Train: The Las Vegas Monorail is a sleek elevated rail system that runs for 3.9 miles adjacent to the Las Vegas Strip. It connects some of the larger casinos for convenient play options.
- Taxi: 7,000 taxis service the Las Vegas area and are regulated by the Taxi Authority to ensure passenger safety.
- Ride Share: Uber and Lyft ride share services are also available.
Health and Safety
Health and safety are special concerns for seniors, and it's important to always be aware of surroundings. Fortunately, hospitals and peacekeepers are always moments away, wherever you are in the city.
- Hospitals: Hospitals in the area include the Mountain View Hospital and Sunrise Hospital and Medical Center.
- Crime rate: In Las Vegas, there are about 921 violent crimes per 100,000 people annually, compared to 373 nationwide.
Sports and Leisure
Retirement is a chance to take up sports hobbies abandoned during life's busy work years. Seniors can find plenty of opportunities to stay in shape in Las Vegas.
- Golf Courses: Desert Pines Golf Club , Boulder Creek Golf Club - Desert Hawk/Eldorado Valley , and Las Vegas Paiute Golf Resort - Sun Mountain Course are just a few of Las Vegas' famous courses. Most offer senior discounts and perks.
- Tennis: Another way to stay fit and have fun, tennis courts are available at centers such as Darling Tennis Center and the Desert Palm Tennis Club.
- Gyms: Senior friendly gyms include Las Vegas Senior Centers and Henderson gyms, which offer equipment and classes centered around senior health.
Shopping and Entertainment
Living in a major city presents plenty of opportunities for shopping and eating at great restaurants. Plus, Las Vegas offers a great day out with the world-renowned Las Vegas Strip, with tons of shows, casinos and inspired people-watching.
- Clothes shopping nearby: Abercrombie & Fitch, Ross, H&M and most other major retailers have a presence in Vegas' numerous malls. There are ample opportunities to browse consignment stores or have gowns designed for special events.
- Grocery stores: Among nearby grocery stores, Albertson's and Vons offer groceries and prescriptions, while Sprouts Farmers Market has fresh and organic produce for healthy made-at-home meals.
- Nearby restaurants: Bellagio and Wynn offer the best buffets on the Strip. Locals also frequent unique pubs, such as Robert Irvine's Public House .
- Movie theaters: The Eclipse and Century Orleans 18 rate highly on Yelp!, and you can find well-known chains like AMC. All make wonderful venues for a quiet night out with friends.
- Libraries: Las Vegas-Clark County Library System, Sahara West Library and Las Vegas-Clark County Library System's Windmill Library provide a wide selection of books and media that you can enjoy in cool, clean facilities or take home to enjoy.
- Senior-friendly salons (men and women): Be*YOU*tiful and Aveda Lifestyle Salons & Spas for women and Leo Barber Shop and Goodtimes Barbershop & Shave Parlor for men rate highly for service and performance and are good options to spruce up while your about and out.
- Attractions: Las Vegas Strip, day trips to Grand Canyon and desert excursions.
In this city, known for vice, it's still very easy to find opportunities for spiritual renewal, including:
- Roman Catholic Shrine of the Most Holy Redeemer and St. Joan of Arc Roman Catholic Church
- Hope Church and Southern Hills Baptist Church, The Crossing Christian Church and The Rock, A Christian Church.
- Numerous other organizations dedicated to expressing world faiths, interdenominational worship, and holistic spiritual awareness, like Relentless Church .