Desoto Beach Club - Sarasota, FL

[Removed] visited Desoto Beach Club and really liked it, to the point where he didn't want to visit any other places and has already signed the lease. He moves in on Saturday. Thanks for everything.

Holiday Retirement

Hi, we are so pleased you enjoyed your visit to Desoto Beach Club! We hope the move went well and you are already enjoying what our community has to offer. Please don't hesitate to reach out if there's anything additional we can do for you.

Good location for us. Attractive, well kept community. Good feedback from resident who spoke with us. Seems good value for the price, with all the services we expect Mom to need if and when we might need them. The residence rooms are attractive and nice size. Two downsides, which might not be deal killers, are the institutional layout of the main room and the meal schedule. Regarding layout, I do not care to see
the plenary dining room as soon as you walk in the door. Regarding the meal schedule, everyone eats at the same time. Together these features give DeSoto more of an institutional air than I would prefer for my Mom.

Looking Forward To My Move

I will be making the move into this community soon, and I'am looking forward to my move. This is a lovely community with kind people. The staff I have met have been very kind, and helpful. The community looks nice, and clean. It is going to be a good move for me, and my needs. So far this is a community I would recommend, it is a nice facility.

Not the right stuff!

The community was very nice and very clean. The whole place was nice and very well kept. The people were outstanding in helping us with whatever we needed. They just did not offer memory care and that is what we needed.

The Food Needs Flavor and Variety

My experience here has been okay. I find the meals are very bland, not properly cooked, and they make repetitive meals. Plenty of residents feel the same about the meals. If they could use more spices and variety it would be better. The person in charge of the activities does their best at planning it but it is not the kind I enjoy and not many residents are participating. My apartment has a kitchenette with a refrigerator, sink, and cabinets. They should come with microwaves too.

Holiday Retirement

Hello, thank you so much for reaching out and sharing your honest feedback with us, and allowing us the opportunity to address your concerns. We'd really like the chance to connect with you regarding your comments, as we strive our best each day to continually improve the level of service we provide our residents (and their families), and want to make sure we are doing everything we can to make you happy. We would love to hear from you, and encourage you to reach out to our Resident Relations team directly at [removed], or to get in touch by writing us at [removed]. Our community managers would also be happy to speak with you as well, just let us know or give us a call! We truly want to see you happy,, and enjoying your retirement! Looking forward to hearing from you, and thank you so much once again for providing this feedback!

Good Move for Us

My wife and I are doing very well at this community. This was a good move for us, this is a great place. Everyone have been very welcoming, and kind. The community looks great, and very well-kept. There are plenty of activities offered. The meals are nice. It has been a lovely experience.

My Mother is Doing Very Well Here

My mother has been here for about two years now. This is a lovely community, she loves it here. The community looks great, everything is very well maintained. The staff is good, I know she in great hands here. They have been helpful and attentive. The care they are providing her with is good. This is a community I would recommend, it has worked out very well for us here.

This is the place to go

Without a doubt better than all the rest of the places I saw. Has a hotel feel, a nice atmosphere and a caring staff.

A wonderful place!!

The entire staff at Desoto Beach Club are very friendly and there is great communication with them. The community is very clean and kept up wonderfully. I have had the pleasure of enjoying numerous meals with her and the food is great. There are plenty of activities available and while my Mother in law only participates in a few of them at this time we are hoping once she settles in, she will participate in a few more. I would absolutely recommend this community to anyone that asks about it.

DeSoto Beach Club Sarasota FL

My dad moved into DeSoto Beach Club on February 1, 2016. He enjoys the people, the food and the pool. The management folks and the staff are excellent. They have been very friendly and attentive to his needs and have checked on him regularly. He was scheduled to go into a facility in West Virginia, but after touring DeSoto, he said there was no comparison. I agree! I'm glad he is happy there. I love to visit him , and I feel welcomed by the staff each time I go. It's worth a look.

Mixed experience

So far we have had somewhat of a mixed experience with Desoto Beach Club. The facility itself is very nice, the location is wonderful, and the staff are friendly and attentive. However there are a few aspects that they could really stand to improve. The food really does not sit well with my loved one, they serve a lot of pork and other processed meats that she does not eat, I'd like to see some fresher options. We're also somewhat disappointed with the activities. They have a lot of things on the schedule but many of them get cancelled due to a lack of participation. Some of the group activities are a bit cliqueish, it is hard to get into a card group.

admin admin

Hi, I’m Katie, I work at Holiday Retirement’s Home Office. Thank you for leaving a sincere review. I’m so sorry to hear that your loved one is having a negative experience because of the food service and enrichment program. We take both of those programs very seriously as they’re both key elements of the Holiday lifestyle. I’ve passed your review onto our Resident Relations department and Director of Resident Enrichment. You’re welcome here to call us here at Home Office if you have anything else to add at [removed].

My apologies once more,
Katie

wonderful experience

My mom is 97 years old, but since going to Desoto Beach Club you would never know it. She is very active, has met a lot of good friends, etc. It is a very nice place. We are very thankful to have found it, and it has been a truly wonderful experience.

Impressive Place

It was an impressive place, and if it was one level, we would have considered it more. They don't really seemed to be focused a lot on assisted living; they are more for independent living. They do have some support for assisted living, but as soon as you start saying that you will make allowances for someone, you know that the staff aren't going to be as attuned to your loved one's needs.

Good Experience

It is an independent living facility. They have activities, but it is up to the residents to participate. They have bingo and movies, and they do various forms of exercise. The food gets monotonous after awhile. That has been the feedback I have received from my mom.

Very nice place but too exp...

Very nice place but too expense the monthly rate is more than Moms monthly income

Good Food

I chose it becuse it's close to my house. My dad has been there for four weeks so it might be too soon to rate it. I know they have bingo but he's not into that. He's adjusting pretty well - it was a major transition for him to move 1200 miles and give up his car. The food is good.

Pleasant staff and units were OK but ...

Pleasant staff and units were OK but didn't have full kitchen.

Desoto Beach Club offers you a quiet, beautiful home nestled within Sarasota. Residents enjoy the convenience of being close to all the things that make life rich, like shopping, great dining, golfing and all the beauty of the ocean.

Our all-inclusive month-to-month rent covers:
- Three delicious and nutritious chef-prepared meals from scratch
- A variety of enriching activities
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service
- Transportation
- Most utilities

Friends in 300 places

Built with your comfort and safety in mind