Desert Oasis at Superstition - Mesa, AZ

So glad I am taking him out of here.....

My father had to stay in this home for the past 8 months and I wish I never had to place him there.
Their care is minimal at best. There is zero interaction with the residents. I was told there would be 2 full time employees 24/7, as I told the owner he is up most of the night and I would like for them to possibly try to keep him awake during the day so he would hopefully sleep well at night. Well, turns out they only have 1 employee and she is expected to care for 4 residents 24/7 by herself. Needless to say, there is no personalized care. No chit chat with the residents at meals.....most residents have their meals alone.
There are no games, no entertainment and nothing was done over the holidays. If the residents weren't taken out by their families they had no idea what day it was.
I am so over this home, and I am overjoyed that I am placing my dad in a loving, warm, caring home. I can only hope that his spirit wasn't broken by spending every day, day after day, either sitting alone in his room watching his television or eating his meals alone with no one to talk to, no one to socialize with.
Please do not bring your loved ones to this facility.

Services: PRIVATE or SEMI-PRIVATE ROOMS Well-trained and EXPERIENCED Staff in Adult Care 24-Hour ON CALL NURSE Administered and Supervised Medication HOSPICE and RESPITE Care On call barber/salon service available Available TRANSPORTATION for DOCTORS APPOINTMENTS Housekeeping and Laundry services SERVES 3 SUMPTUOUS MEALS each day including snacks. CATERS TO SPECIAL DIETARY NEEDS Assistance with each resident’s daily routine FRIENDLY GAMES, relaxing NEIGHBORHOOD WALK, a MOVIE..