Day Care at Peachtree Plantation - Oakwood, GA

Pave the way to a carefree life when choosing to reside at The Waterford at Oakwood with today’s most desired amenities and thoughtful features. Our goal is to enrich the lives of our Assisted Living and Memory Care residents by providing an environment that is physically, mentally, spiritually and emotionally stimulating. The Waterford provides care that allows residents to remain as self-reliant as possible while living in a supportive community. We feature a full calendar of activities and social programs so residents have a rewarding lifestyle. Residents enjoy regular off-site outings, Bible study groups, wellness lectures and seminars. Our apartment homes come in a variety of flexible floor plans. Select apartments feature screened-in porches where residents can sit outside on nice days and sip on a hot cup of tea while enjoying the natural beauty of their surroundings. At mealtimes, residents can get together with neighbors and enjoy chef-inspired meals served à la carte for casual dining experiences. The Waterford’s convenient access to multiple interstates means residents have access to a plethora of shopping, dining and entertainment venues in Gainesville, just 15 minutes away.

GREAT PLACE TO CALL HOME FOR MY MOM

Excellent community! My mom is doing so well and has been living at the Waterford for almost a year. The majority of the caregivers on day shift have been there for over 5 years. Food is delicious too!

Used to be Daycare at Peachtree Plantation
studio 2600-2800
One bedroom 3400
looks nice

Care and value

This is a great community. They are attentive and friendly. The community is clean and the staff is very attentive. We like the variety of meals that are served. There is a good variety of activities. We would recommend the care and value of this community to other families.

Friendly Tour

This is a very nice community community. Everything looked great. You could tell they do a very good job with the cleanliness. All the staff was very kind and friendly. This community has a family atmosphere.

Not Good Location For Our Family

This community has a wait list. Also the location of the community was not good for our family convenience. We wanted my mother to be closer to us, just in case anything happened. The person I spoke at the community to was kind and friendly. It just would not work out for our family with my mother living here.

Not The Place Wanted For My Mom

My dad did not like this place. He thought it was not a good place for my mom.The location was not ideal for the family. Otherwise, we were able to get a great tour. I was impressed with the tour guide. She did a good job and followed up with an email afterwards.

Clean, Competent, Caring Community

Everyone I met during my tour was friendly and appeared professional in their duties. The Community Relations Director provided a comprehensive tour of the facility and showed me the various living and care options available. This was extremely helpful in making the best decisions for my father. The community is large enough to provide the care and activities my father needed without being overwhelming. Lastly, the food seems good and the common areas always look clean. I am very pleased!

We believe that this is the perfect spot for Irene. All on one floor, the available apartment is near all activities and since she has very low sight, this is important. LeAnn is a joy to work with and is always there for us.

Certainly A Place To Look At

My wife seems fine at the Waterford and things are going good for us. The community has a very nice look to it and is well kept and very clean. She is still taking some time to adjust to the community and the staff has been helpful with that. They have been excellent with everything I would say to anyone looking into senior care that this is certainly a place to take a look at it is really nice here.

Very Pleased with the facility

She Is in Memory care, so they check on her a lot. They keep me in the loop when she has been sick and keep the doctor involved. All in all we are really pleased with the facility. I was just ticked with A Place for Mom because I had no idea what to do and the advisor guided me along and made sure all of our needs were met.

Mom's very happy

'A Place for Mom' was a God-send. I had no idea where to really start as far as moving my mom into assisted living. They were so helpful and gave me many options to consider and to tour. When we went to Waterford, we knew it was the place for mom. The rooms are good sized, the staff is very knowledgeable and friendly and the care givers are very helpful regardless of what mom may need. Highly recommend it be on your list to tour if you are considering this step for your loved one!

Very nice place!

So far things have gone very well at The Waterford at Oakwood, I'd give them high marks across the board! The staff is friendly and professional, and the facility itself is clean and well kept. I would recommend them!

I don't think we could of picked a better place

It's been a very good experience. I have very been pleased. Rebecca from "A Place for Mom" was very helpful in helping us find this place. The Waterford at Oakwood has been very accommodating. They have contacted us if they felt we needed to know something about mom. The cleanliness is really good. That's what's really important to me. I don't think we could of picked a better place. Mom is doing great.

Best of all worlds

Our overall experience with The Waterford at Oakwood has been positive. The staff is warm and caring and responsive to requests. The facility is clean and attractive. The level of service provided is good. I feel sense of security that my loved one is being well cared for.

Nice place overall, friendly and helpful care staff

Our loved one has only been here a short time, but so far things have gone very well with The Waterford at Oakwood. The facility itself is very nice looking, and always well kept and clean. The care staff have been very friendly and helpful. My only complaint is that the director still has not introduced herself to my loved one, and she has been there for a few weeks.

Mixed experience

We had somewhat of a mixed experience with The Waterford at Oakwood. Our loved one never really got comfortable here and did not seem happy. The staff here were always upfront with us and polite, and they were very accommodating in terms of the care they offered. They were willing to put in a little extra effort to see if our loved one could stay here. They're also more affordable than a lot of options, though they don't offer the same degree of care as the more expensive places.

wonderful

From the first time that I met with them, they have been absolutely very wonderful. They made the entire process very easy. They helped my father get acclimated very well. I thought it was going to be a very difficult process, but they made it very easy.

Invaluable staff during this time!

I would give the care services a 10, if I could! They are absolutely fabulous and will do everything they can to make your loved one comfortable. My mother is declining in her health and they have been so accommodating in this situation. They are truly invaluable to us during this time.

nothing but praise!

We had a very short time there at The Waterford at Oakwood, but I still felt at the end of it as I did at the beginning. Everybody was helpful. I was just completely positively impressed. If I needed facilities like this again I would not need to shop around at all but would go right back to The Waterford at Oakwood. I have nothing but praise for them!

Wonderful Place. ..

They were extremely helpful during a very stressful time and made my mother's transition from another facility very seamless. They are well staffed very caring individuals. I was very comfortable commuting my mother into their care. I highly recommend this facility!

Friendly and informative staff

Things have gone very well at The Waterford at Oakwood, my Mom has gotten very good care here! They've been very helpful and communicative. We really appreciate all of the information and resources they've provided us regarding her situation. It is a nice place overall, and we would recommend it to others looking in the area!

Kind and understanding staff

They do a wonderful job at The Waterford at Oakwood! The staff have all been so kind and caring, from the aides all the way up to the director. They've been very understanding and accommodating in trying to help my loved one get settled in. The facility itself is well kept and clean, and they take very good care of everyone who lives here. They also do a fantastic job with the food here! I've never been disappointed!

So far so good!

I toured the Waterford of Oakwood and was very impressed. Leann was so helpful and knowledgeable about the memory care unit. My sister and I made the decision to place our loved one at Waterford. So far so good!

Great Community!

I toured this wonderful, homey community. I used to know it as Peachtree Plantation. There were a lot of folks working on the grounds and they were putting on a new roof. Even with all of the action in and outside of the building I could tell the residents were happy and enjoying a wonderful activity with a magician. Every employee greeted me and seemed to be enjoying their work. I was greeted by Leanne, the Sales Director and the tour was very insightful. She did not rush me and answered all of my questions. While this is an older building, it is well maintained and the fact many upgrades were in the works was absolutely wonderful. The apartment I am interested in was clean and had new flooring and fresh paint. It was very roomy. I spoke with a couple of residents in the hallway and they were very complimentary of the staff and said this is "home" to me now.
We had just begun our look for my mother, but I know the Waterford is at the top of my list!

Do not believe Waterford of Oakwoods promises , they lie

I took my husband there straight from the hospital & was assured that his needs would be met for the highest level that costs $780.00 more (on top of the room & board and regular they are supposed to give). Per month. My first payment was $$4300.00 . We had his rooms ready. & placed chairs on the screened in porch. He got No attention from anyone. They gave him a necklace. To wear to press if he needed help. Pressing the button brought no results , I went down there one night after all the ofc staff were gone, & nobody was at the desk, or in the halls or kitchen, I looked at every inch of that place and nobody was in that wing, so I sat down at the dining room table until so done came out , they were all
In the memory section , in the memory building. One lady was coming up the hall asking me if I knew where everybody was
And I told her I didn't know. My husband was in his room & no matter what happened, there was nobody to come, if you fell, too bad.he got no (extra) care for my tier 3 money.
The nurse was fired , my husband had no LASIK for 11 days and he filled with fluid and was there only 11 days. He had to go back to the hospital and died less than 2 months later, at home. The food was awful and they fired the cook during this stay, his furnace didn't work & they gave him an electric heater to use, he had no hot water the whole time he was down there & he took a cold shower. I talked to the ofc people every day, still least once, but things did not improve, I brought my husband home after the 11th day and they need to give me a refund and I asked for one & they said no, they didn't give refunds, so I will take them to court because I had heart surgery was why I took my husband so I could recover, but I went twice a day and it is sad place for any human to be in..

I would not send my worst enemy here

My experience with The Waterford was VERY bad. I wouldn't send my worst enemy here. I paid for the highest level of care for my husband, and from what I saw when I visited they barely provided any care at all. They never checked in on him, and whenever I'd try out his alarm necklace they'd take a very long time to respond, if at all. They neglected to give him some very necessary medication for nearly 2 weeks, which landed him in the hospital.
Aside from the terrible care, they had other problems as well. The portions for the food were small, and they often served things that were not appropriate for the residents who had dentures.

It's going pretty well.

It's very clean, they are mostly friendly. The memory care unit activities, are not stimulating enough, and since she needs more assistance than the assisted living side can offer, it's tough to be in the middle, a rough transition for sure. I haven't had any complaints about the food, I have noticed that they serve a lot of fish, from what I've seen I would give it about a three. I would like to be personally introduced to everyone involved in her care, I have not met the person in accounting, or the nurse in charge, I only briefly met the person who manages the medication. And I don't know who to ask for if I call and have a question. New families should be introduced to the entire staff. It was nice and clean and everyone seemed happy, there were a couple of residents we knew from another place, and they seemed happy.

The Waterford is AWESOME

After looking at several assisted living properties, I decided on The Waterford. It is a little older than the others I looked at but I was very satisfied with what they have. It is all one floor, they have small apartments that have a screened in porch. My aunt will have a living room and a bedroom instead of just the one room which she had previously. The staff is great, there are plenty of activities, her meals are included and my Aunt just loves it. The value at the Waterford is unbelievable and I am just so happy that I found it with the help of Melissa. The Waterford has everything you need for assisted living.

Experience under previous Peachtree Plantation Ownership!

It was very expensive and they weren't straightforward with the pricing, they increased it a lot. You could smell urine when you walked in the door. It LOOKED real pretty but didn't smell pretty. It smelled like a nursing home. They were rude. He was not happy there at all. When we moved and gave them permission to give the new place his files they wouldn't transfer them. I wouldn't have my family member here ever.

Nice facility with good lay...

Nice facility with good layout for residents & also connecting memory care. Very impressed with our knowledgeable guide who clearly loved taking care of Seniors.

Remodeling outdated facilit...

Remodeling outdated facility soon. Angie was very nice and helpful.

Speciel Diet - Beware

The accomodations and employees at the Waterford (Peachtree Plantation) are nice. My 87 year old mother would have stayed there except for the food. Unfortunately, she requires a low-salt and carb-controlled diet due to her Type 1 diabetes and other health issues.

There are lots of salty foods (bacon, ham, canned veggies) and lots of carbs (biscuits and gravy and breaded/fried items). She gained water weight due to the salt content although she tried to avoid all salty foods. They will tell you that they don't add salt, but they don't use low sodium items either. She'd end up eating something in her room where she had better control of the content and that wasn't what we were paying for.

She also had trouble with her insulin regulation due to difficultly in determining how many carbs she was eating since most meals were carb-heavy. ...and my mother a poster child for controlling her diabetes. There are very minimal substitutions and they are high in carbs or salt or just the same old thing. The menu repeats the same every week. There is no choice for the meals like from a menu. You get what you get or try to substitute from a limited generic menu (when they have the items in house - found they were often out of items). They do not customize meals and have very little options.

I have eaten there a few times and found the food good and tastey, but just not suitable for my mother. So, if you have any health issues that require a special diet, please ask a lot of questions. Otherwise, I'd recommend this facility.

Staff with a passion for service

We had "short notice" for finding a place for my parents, ages 87 and 88. They had needed assisted living for a while but resisted until it was clear to them that there was no option.

A Place for Mom was wonderful and very prompt in calling us. Even more amazing is that The Waterford at Oakwood (formerly Peachtree Plantation) called us within 24 hours of the referral. We had the good fortune (I believe divine intervention) to have two studios open at the same time, and just across the hall from each other. My parents' schedules and sleep sensitivity does not permit them to sleep in the same room and stay sane. 68 years of marriage and there is still love, just not during sleep hours.

The facility was in a good location, quiet but near stores, pharmacy, etc. It is a "just perfect" size. Not so small that there are not social options and not so large that getting to meals is a serious walk for seniors.

The best part was the staff. The director, assistant director, chief nurse, social service director, cook, meal servers all seemed to love their jobs and had worked at the facility for many years. The passion and commitment of the top staff was clearly evident. They used the right amount of light humor with compassion and reassurance with my parents. The transition was ultra-smooth with my parents quite happy to be there within 24 hours. That's something akin to working a miracle! Thanks miracle workers... the staff at The Waterford at Oakwood.

Watreford Experience

My father-in-law is still there. It is working out quite well, as his health has improved significantly since his arrival. I've been impressed with the staff's attention to all of the residents to ensure their needs are met . No major improvements that I could think of at this point. The food seems to be good, social hour is a hit with many of the residents, and the physical space is excellent. They have a very solid daily activities program including "field trips on occasion, which makes for an environment that offers engagement with other residents as one chooses.

Nice place, good staff

My mother was in the day program but of course she hated it because she couldn't go out and do what she wanted to do. It was right around the corner from my brother's house and since she was living with him that was really convinient.
They were very nice, the staff was really good, they had different sections and the place was nice. Matter of fact, I had to call them a couple of weeks ago to tell them to stop sending me their newsletter because I was still getting things about all of their activites.

They are great

They were great they worked with us in every way possible to keep our loved one here. Everyone was really friendly and they would try and include her in all the activities. They have activities going on all the time and try to get all the residents engaged as best as they can. It really is a great place for someone that does not require a higher level of care. We were very pleased with Peachtree and would highly recommend them to anyone.

The director was very informative and...

The director was very informative and she did a verbal assesment for my father that day. She thinks that he would have to be in the memory care side but that he could take his meals and participate in the activities on the assisted living side. The memory care side was a little depressing. Most of the residents were sleeping at ten-thirty in the am. Two ladies were sitting at their breakfast the whole time I was there which was two hours.

Didn't like food and facility needs u...

Didn't like food and facility needs updating. Staff was very gracious and kind.