Crown Plaza of Sacramento - Sacramento, CA

This is the skilled nursing/assisted living side of the Carlton Plaza of Sacramento. Smaller facility with a great staff to resident ratio. They were very involved with their residents.

The STAFF is GREAT! The FOOD is TERRIBLE!

So far it's going pretty good. It appears to be very clean to me but, I hear complaints they don't do as well in the personal spaces. The staff is very friendly, but there was one interaction one time with one staff that was less than pleasant. She raves about a few of the staff, and Manny the guy who handles the laundry has been fabulous. My constant thought is how can they be so patient and kind all the time. When my mother calls they respond pretty quickly. Some people respond quicker to me than others, and it's about knowing who to go to. They have lots of good activities, they even come in on Sunday afternoons with a nail kit and do manicures. The food is TERRIBLE, I would give it a one or even a minus, from what I understand there is only one place in town with good food, and it's not here. We were served gazpacho that was like cold gruel, it was grey, and blended beyond recognition with no flavor, and little pieces of chopped ice. All the residents have some level of dementia, and it is tough to find people my loved one can really connect with, one of the staff noticed, and they took the time to introduce her to some women that she is more able to connect with. I really appreciated that.

So far, okay.

It's too early to say whether this was a good move for my mother. Some of the services promised have not lived up to expectations. The food is not very appetizing. But hopefully when my mom gets used to it our evaluation may change.

We went to A Place for Mom for assist...

We went to A Place for Mom for assistance on two different occasions. They made an overwhelming challenge a manageable process. On both occasions, we were able to find facilities quickly that we're both outstanding.

Very nice facility and it did seem li...

Very nice facility and it did seem like a cruise ship. Flexible dining was more like a restaurant open all day. One of my favorites although not as conveniently located. Liked the connected studio option as well.

Carlton Senior Living Sacramento offers seniors a unique, apartment living alternative to a traditional nursing home. With a warm and nurturing environment and 24-hour nursing care the entire community is designed to take assisted living to the next level. Nestled on a shared campus with Carlton Senior Living Sacramento, our Enhanced Assisted Living community is smaller and more intimate. Many of the 56 apartments in the two-story community have doors opening onto the interior courtyard, which provides residents easy access to common areas and allows staff greater ability to monitor residents’ well-being. The cathedral ceilings and lush indoor atrium contribute to an atmosphere of tranquility and comfort.