I think all the staff need to get jobs that do not require caring as this is not the place for them to be working at. No one cares. They just walk by and talk to each other. God forbid the resident ask for something they might be “ abused” for it later. A big problem is the pay. If there were better pay in all nursing homes for staff you would attract people that do care and will work for their pay. It is a hard job. No doubt about it but I see the fear in the residents eyes when i visit my family member. THERE IS NO EXCUSE FOR THIS...NONE!!!!!!!!! If i had money i would get her and everyone else out of there! Government!! Pay attention!!!

Take your loved ones elsewhere

Where do I start? First, my father was sent to this facility for rehab in August for a broken hip, and seemed to do ok. Now I'm realizing that he was doing ok because he was still pretty self sufficient and could speak up for himself. He was sent back after a hospital stay in November, and was treated like he was nothing more than a burden to the staff. When he was sent to Courtyard from the hospital, he was barely able to speak and could no longer use his hands. The aides would come into his room and drop his meal tray three times a day and walk out. They were serving him a regular diet. THE MAN HAD NO TEETH and was unable to feed himself, yet no one questioned why days were going by and all he was taking was a couple of sips of water, they just kept dropping the tray three times a day and taking it away at the next meal. He had no call button to alert anyone that he needed to use a bed pan, and when we were visiting him and he would tell us that he needed to go to the bathroom, we would have to go out to the nurses station several times to ask for help. It got to the point more than once that my dad was laying in his own feces and urine for up to 25 minutes at a time because they "couldn't find anyone to come clean him up." So, they let my dad sit in that because, God forbid, a nurse should do it when no one else is there to help. When I asked about someone helping my dad to eat, I was told by a nurse that it "wasn't their job." When I finally was able to get someone to feed him, they were piling food into his mouth and feeding him so fast he was gagging and gasping for air. When I told the nurse she was feeding him too fast and asked her to slow down, she argued with me. Family members and friends who were visiting him also voiced concerns to me that I brought to the attention of the social worker. He brought one of the charge nurses in to speak with me and she told me that she "strongly encouraged" me to look at other facilities for my dad if I was not happy with his care because she was "100% confident" that they were providing him the best care they could. Now, an autographed shirt that was given to my dad by a former hockey player has "mysteriously disappeared" and the director was less than helpful in finding it and even less pleasant when speaking with me over the phone regarding all of this. He claims he was unaware of all of the prior issues and that I should have sought him out when I wasn't happy with the progress that the social worker was making regarding my complaints. This director is arrogant and has no place running a nursing center. I would have definitely gone over everyones heads if I'd had the opportunity to do so, but unfortunately my dad passed away before I was able to rectify any of these issues for him. I started the grievance process through CHA before my dads death, and I will follow through on that complaint if they'll allow me to. If not, I'll seek other avenues. I don't want any of this happening to anyone else, and because of the cold manner in which I was treated by the director, my determination has quadrupled.

DON'T just don't put anyone you care about here

absolutely horrible. They are literally starving my father right now. They DO NOT care. It's incredibly sad to see some many "residents" be ignored at meal time when they clearly CANNOT feed themselves.

The 3-11 shift - I'd like to see all of THEIR parents put in that hell hole!

At Courtyard, a Genesis HealthCare facility, we offer our patients and residents outstanding care, delivered by highly skilled practitioners in a warm and comfortable setting. Our Quality Healthcare Units provide skilled nursing, medical and rehabilitative care for patients and residents. Whether you are here for a short stay or for an extended period, our Clinical Care Teams are focused on implementing your personalized care program to facilitate your recovery and improve your well-being.
At Courtyard, we provide 24-hour care for long-term elderly residents and chronically ill patients, and are focused on helping each resident achieve their highest level of independence and quality of life. But, we also provide a caring bridge between hospital and home. Our Short Stay Services provide our patients with excellent rehabilitative care in a warm, family-oriented environment. Speeding recovery and returning our patients to home as quickly as possible are our primary goals, with our Clinical Care Teams there to support patients and their families during their stay.