Sunrise of Arlington - Arlington, MA

A pleasant place. The tour didn't start well as the person who was meant to meet us wasn't there. Seemed like the staff were involved and friendly. There were quite a few activities. Not much for non-Christians spiritually. The memory unit was our interest and the guests were together but not doing anything structured. Seemed liked the staff cared. Lovely deck area. Pricing at this place is by the day which makes little sense unless its just intended to confuse.

My mom's new home

My mom is doing good in this community. The staff is friendly and caring. The community is clean and she is very happy with the menu. The activities are helpful for her to be active with the other residents. We would recommend this community for other families.

Was My Third Choice

The community was lovely very well kept and the landscaping was clean and very maintained. I did notice there was a bike trail for people who liked to bike however for someone that needed assistance with walking I felt that would be a little unsafe especially since people on bikes don't always pay attention. The community offered a lot of activities and they seemed to be connected to the overall community that they were in. The director was nice however I question his professionalism speaking about other communities in the area.

Perfect place!

The staff is doing a great job with my grandmother. She enjoys the meals and going to the dining hall. They do offer activities and grandma has gotten involved with a couple. The community is clean and she is happy. Also it is close to me.

Sunrise nurse shamed my mother!

My mother was there for 2 weeks and both weekends, she was intimidated by the nursend so mucheck that she was afraid of the nurse. The nurse shamed my mother for using a wheelchair instead of her walker, in front of the other residents! Avoid this place, there are better options nearby!

Very nice place!!

I had a very pleasant tour of the Sunrise of Arlington. The place was nice and so were the people. A man named [Removed] showed us around and he was also very nice and pleasant. It was on a main road, Massachusetts Ave, which was a little bit of a drawback, and there were a lot of a la carte items, like cable tv, the level of care needed, and I preferred one price per month which included everything. However it was nicely furnished and there were several different types of rooms and it was very clean.

Good Tour of This Community

I had a nice tour of this community. It is a nice place, and from what I saw they do a good job with the cleanliness. The staff I met was kind and friendly. They were informative and answered my questions. My tour went well, and this is a good community. It just wasn't the place for my sister and her needs.

A cheery and happy place, rooms were spacious, and a great location. Lisa was great.

lack of communication

They have a lack of communication Sunrise Of Arlington, from the front desk and the appointments that get made. The caregivers are very lax at this facility. I have had so many issues I wouldn't really recommend this place.

Sunrise Senior Living

Please know that we take all concerns seriously and would like to learn more about your experience at Sunrise. Please email Information (at) SunriseSeniorLiving (dot) com with further details so we may follow up. Thank you, Sunrise Team

Burned and Be Warned

The level of care here is poor and I would stay away if your family member needs hands-on care. There were many times when an on-call caregiver would not respond to a page request for assistance. My family member ended up in the ICU on their watch while in the Memory Care unit. The Assisted Living Coordinator is condescending, rude and never engaged me in how care was progressing - it was rather very forcibly trying to upcharge for services and making me feel llike my family member was a problem. She should be fired. The lead nurse also had an incredible condescending attitude.

Many listed activities like excercise and lecture are videos on TV instead of interactive sessions with real people. Just like the some of the caregiving at this location - a sham.

Sunrise Senior Living

Please know that we take all concerns seriously. We’d like to learn more about your experience. Please email Information (at) SunriseSeniorLiving (dot) com so that we may follow up. Thank you, Sunrise Team

Sunrise of Arlington ...A Good Fit

Everyone at Sunrise of Arlington made my sister-in-law feel very welcome. Any questions I asked were answered immediately. She has had a manicure, pedicure and a haircut in a timely manner. She has not been placed on a waiting list for a month for these appointments. She is participating in an exercise program as well as making crafts. She is excited about these activities. She is at home at Sunrise and I believe Sunrise of Arlington is an excellent fit for her. It is close to my home therefore I am able to visit often.

The staff at Sunrise of Arlington have been wonderful. My Mom was treated with care and respect as she transitioned into her new living setting. The other community members and staff have been very welcoming, friendly and warm.

She is very happy and when we visit there is always a lot of positive energy within the community.

We chose Sunrise of Arlington because there is a youthful feeling that permeates the living environment there.

Could have been better

My friend was admitted to Sunrise from Wyngate in Brighton. She had some medical issues and was going to need the extended care. I understand this is hearsay. My friend uses a wheelchair. The community said that they didn’t have a first alert, but they said they would check on her every couple of hours. She fell that night and now she’s in a nursing home. She had been so happy to see her furniture, but now there she is.

Sunrise Senior Living

We're sorry to hear you had this negative experience and we take your comments very seriously. We would like to learn more. Please contact information(at)sunriseseniorliving(dotcom) with mroe information. Thanks, The Sunrise Team

Nice but too expensive. This place ha...

Nice but too expensive. This place has a little more of a home-like feeling to it. However we would not be able to afford it.

Would provide care for both my parent...

Would provide care for both my parents' needs - puree, memory care, bathing and hygiene assistance. Pricey.

very bustling place. liked room optio...

very bustling place. liked room options esp. split-studio

Toured. Seems a little cramped in com...

Toured. Seems a little cramped in common spaces, but windows have good action outside

Alzheimer's Care Studio $7,380.00 w...

This community has lots of sister com...

This community has lots of sister communities in PA and MA.not benchmark Too far away from anyone.PR Alzheimer's Care Studio $7,380.00 with a private room, Semi-Private $6,000.00 Community Fee $4,000.00 High Care Needs Fee $1,140.00 Low Care Needs Fee $0.00 Medium Care Needs Fee $330.00 Assisted Living Studio $4,980.00 1 Bedroom $5,940.00 Semi-Private $3,840.00 Community Fee $4,000.00 High Care Needs Fee $2,640.00 Low Care Needs Fee $1,410.00 Medium Care Needs Fee $2,010.00

Made a visit and tour. Very impressed...

Made a visit and tour. Very impressed and still interested. Have to look at financials now.

Positioned to enjoy the greenery & peacefulness of the Lexington Bike Path on one side and the bustling in-town location of Massachusetts Ave. on the other side, Sunrise of Arlington has the best of both worlds under one roof. Our community is perfect for the resident who prefers an urban environment, and many of our residents enjoy strolling to the nearby shops and restaurants of Arlington Heights. Residents and families can also take advantage of our location on the MBTA bus line, providing easy access to Harvard Square and Alewife Station.