Brightview Arlington - Arlington, MA

Quite corporate feeling place. New, clean and efficient feeling. Nice location but isolated. The care home side looked pleasant but we were shocked by the memory care area where staff looked bored and disengaged. We'd consider it for assisted living but not for memory care

Brightview Senior Living

Hello, thank you for your positive feedback! With the care of our highly trained team of associates, Wellspring Village® a neighboorhood dedicated to innovative memory care brings unsurpassed quality of life to residents and peace of mind to families. In addition to our full complement of Assisted Living services, Wellspring Village® residents benefit from an innovative program of care techniques. Activities are tailored to each person’s unique abilities, interests and gifts — to encourage self-reliance and foster a sense of belonging. Please feel free to contact our community directly if you have any questions or would like to learn more. Thanks!

Too much money for what you get

Yes , I have to say the place is clean. They promise you a lot and don't deliver. It's sad because its such a nice place, a little to pricey for what you get and they can't seem to keep staff. ( That says a lot) Unless you are on top of your loved ones care, they will be lost in the shuffle. Activities get cancelled with no notice to the residents.

A tour for care

We toured this community for my mom. I like the menu and the environment and the cleanliness. They have an outstanding menu for the residents. They offer activities for the residents who are wanting to join the other residents, We would recommend this community for the care and good value to other families.

Brightview Senior Living

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to share your positive feedback! We often hear that the food at Brightview Arlington is fantastic. Residents and their families also love all of the options. As well, the programs and activities that are offered are also terrific. Brightview's SPICE approach incorporates five holistic elements of wellness - Spiritual, Physical, Intellectual, Cultural, and Emotional - so residents can live their best lives possible. That's vibrant living!

Located on a hill

This was my second choice to place my cousin. Due to the fact it was located on a hill concerned me where my cousin walks with a walker and now has progressed to a cane I didn't feel it would be a good fit for him to be able to talk strolls as he likes to do. They do have a lovely terrace to sit on. The admission director was extremely nice and knowledable. I loved the fact they had a strong connection to the surrounding community. I felt the activities would be ok for my cousin but I could not get a feel as to how his personality would fit in with the other residents how engaged he would become with them.

I Hear The Activities Are Enjoyable

My brother is fine living at this community. The staff are providing care that he is suppose to get. He likes all the activities and goes places too. He is enjoying the outings. I would recommend them to my family and friends.

Brightview Senior Living

Hello and thank you for your feedback. We're delighted to hear your brother is enjoying living at Brightview Arlington and enjoys the engaging programs and activities. They really do take some terrific outings!

A tour for care for mom

We toured this community for my mom's care. The staff were nice and were able to answer the questions we had for the care that would be offered. The community was nice and the meals were appealing in the menu. They offered good activities. We would recommend families to tour this community for the care of a loved one.

Brightview Senior Living

Hello, and thank you for sharing your feedback. We're delighted to hear you enjoyed your personal visit. Excellent service and care is Brightview's mission, and associates are committed to exceeding expectations each day. Please let us know if you have additional questions or if we can further assist you as you explore senior living options for Mom.

To much!

We got to go on the tour at this community. We liked it and thought that everything was nice. The staff was helpful and the residents looked happy. The price though was not what we wanted.

So far, so good

I picked Brightview because it was not on the main road, was close to where my siblings lived, so they could visit her often, it was new and modern and very nicely furnished and it had a memory care unit for Alzheimers and Dementia patients where they couldn't just wander off, which is what my mom needed. The common dining areas and activity areas were beautiful and they even had a fitness room and a hair salon. The resident rooms were also very nice and clean and we picked a sunny room for my mom. It was built only 2 years ago so everything was new there. Parking is also convenient in a garage below the building with easy access to the building. The director of the memory care unit, [Removed], is very nice, extremely helpful and responsive. You are always going to have questions or concerns with any place you put your loved ones in and it makes a big difference if there is someone there who will be responsive. The staff are all friendly. They will check on my mom every hour if she is in her room. They encourage the residents to sit in the common areas so they can watch them more closely. My mom needed help with showering and dressing and she gets that there and always looks and smells clean. The food is usually very good with the exception one soup item I tried when served to my mom that tasted like liquid mustard. Other than that, I've found the food top notch, including the desserts. They have some type of activity for the residents every day and they encourage them to participate but don't force them. There is a nurse there from 7am to 11pm and that was comforting to me. I would always recommend visiting often at least at first, so you can observe for yourself what goes on at any place that you put your loved one. My mom has been there almost two months and so far so good.

Comfortable Living!!

My loved one is very pleased with the cleanliness of the community. They have been on top of making sure his room stays clean and fresh. The food is good with a variety of healthy options. The staff have been wonderful at making sure he feels at home and is comfortable.

Rosie was informative, and really helped with making my brother feel that "it will be ok". She is wonderful.

My Brother Loves This Community

This is a really nice community and everything is really good for my brother. From what my brother has told me, he really likes this community and is meeting a lot of new people. I would say this is a top of the line community. He says they have excellent cleaning service. They come and clean his room once a week and they do his laundry for him. He likes the food and the dining area. The commutation between me and the staff is wonderful. He really likes this community and that is why I would recommend it.

This would have been our choice if my father was open to moving at this time. In fact my brother and I liked it so much, we put down a deposit on the spot!

Brightview has been a gift to my family

This Brightview is clean, the personnel are incredibly friendly and helpful, they keep my Dad, who is in the enhanced care unit, up and about and out of his room as much as possible. He is very lucky to be there, and we are so grateful!

A real improvement in my mother's life

My 87-year-old mother had been declining in assisted living in another state and needed memory care. Then she broke her hip and her choices were limited because she was in a wheelchair. Brightview Arlington has an Enhanced Care unit as part of their Memory Care so the wheelchair was not a problem and there was plenty of staff. After a month, she is starting to walk with a walker again and she is happy and engaged. She can go on outings even though she can't handle money and she gets lots of personal attention from the staff. They all know her and care about her and are really on top of any issues with her health and well-being. She's treated as an individual with dignity and we had lots of help making her apartment personal and comfortable. My sister and I see a real improvement in her outlook and abilities.

Very good high end care!

They've done a fantastic job so far at Brightview Arlington, we love it! We selected them because we'd heard very good things about their nursing care, and they've really come through in that regard. The nursing staff are caring and professional, and provide great care. They're also very good about staying in touch with families regarding their loved ones, which we appreciate since we are located out of state.

Brightview Arlington, Brightview’s sixth senior living community in the Commonwealth, is now open. Brightview Arlington offers Assisted Living apartment homes and a dedicated neighborhood for dementia and Alzheimer's Care, Wellspring Village. In addition, Brightview Arlington offers Enhanced Care for people who need more focused support than traditional assisted living, while still enjoying a vibrant residential setting.

Brightview Arlington serves Arlington, Lexington, Cambridge, Winchester, Medford, North Waltham, Belmont, Watertown, Malden and the surrounding area.