Courtyard Estates at Hawthorne Crossing - Bondurant, IA

For more advanced residents.

While touring this facility for my Mother, I immediately noticed that the residents seemed to be farther along with Alzheimer’s than my mom. This community feels like a nursing home and when I walked in, there was even a resident asleep at one of the tables. The marketing director who gave me the tour was very helpful and seemed nice. I would recommend this facility to families who need more care with their loved one.

Kayle Neegaard

Thank you very much for taking the time to tour Courtyard Estates at Hawthorne Crossing. We are pleased to hear that your experience with our Community Relations Coordinator was pleasant and informative and that you would refer others to our care if their Memory Care needs were appropriate.

Very Happy

Courtyard Estates has been excellent to my father in-law. The staff is very kind and has winning ways with the residents. They can be a little hard to find at times, but I know that this is because they are giving attention to all the residents. They do a great job with the residents, and I’m very pleased about that. The food is very good there, and I like that they have the ability to provide food at any time, since my father-in-law is having a bit of a hard time acclimating to the meal schedule. My father-in-law has been thriving since moving in here, and we are so happy with that. We would definitely recommend Courtyard Estates to others.

Kayle Neegaard

We are so happy to hear that your father-in-law has found happiness and comfort at Courtyard Estates at Hawthorne Crossing. Thank you so much for sharing your experience. We appreciate your kind words and recommendation!

loving and caring place to be

i am a resident at courtyard estate in bonderant assisted living i feel like there could not a better place for me the manager and all the staff have been super! this place has given me a purpose again the staff always has time to listen and give advice i love it here and would recommend to anyone who would like the friendly and loving community i love it here!!!! [Removed] resident

Kayle Neegaard

Judie, we are thrilled to hear your feedback and know how much you enjoy living at Courtyard Estates at Hawthorne Crossing. Your comments are what make us proud to do what we do and excited to come to the community each day. Please let us know if there is anything additional that we can do to make the resident-experience even more impressive. Thank you for sharing!

Positive experience.

They did what they said they were going to do. We were satisified with my mother's experience here.

Kayle Neegaard

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We're glad you are pleased with the care your mother has received and hope that you will let us know if there is anything we can do to improve further.

Top notch community!

The community at the Courtyard Estates at Hawthorne Crossing is wonderful. My loved one is enjoying the variety of meals served. The community has a wide range of great activities for the residents to enjoy and participate in. The community is very welcoming and feels like home. The staff have been very pleasant and helpful every step of the way. The location is very convenient for family and friends.

Kayle Neegaard

Thank you so much for taking time to leave such wonderful feedback about Courtyard Estates in Bondurant. We are so happy that your loved one is thriving at our community. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to make him/her more comfortable!

Very impressed so far.

We were very impressed with our initial visit at Courtyard
Estates. Dad liked the rural setting and facility. We all found
the staff to be friendly and helpful during our tour.
Dad has only been there 3 weeks now, but we are still impressed. The entire staff, top to bottom, has been very helpful and always pleasant.
Dad is settling in nicely and seems very happy.
Would recommend this place be part of your senior living search.

Kayle Neegaard

It's phenomenal to hear your father's success story at Courtyard Estates in Bondurant. Nothing makes us more happy or proud of our team than kind words like yours. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to improve!

Nice place

Overall I think they do a good job at Courtyard Estates. It's a very nice looking place, and the staff is friendly, caring, and professional. My one complaint would be that it can be difficult to get in touch with them or to get a return phone call when you reach out to them. Their communication with families could be much better.

Kayle Neegaard

Thank you for reviewing our community! We appreciate that you took the time to give us valuable feedback. We will be sure to use the information you have shared to improve upon our communication. Thank you again!

Helpful and caring staff..

My dad has only been there for a couple of months. However, from what I've seen I think all the staff are helpful and really try hard. They care about the residents. They are really attentive to the residents. Everybody there even the managers and kitchen staff, they all help out with everybody. They just really care. I just think they all do a good job. They are caring and friendly people. This is a nice place.

Kayle Neegaard

Thank you so much for providing this feedback. It is a pleasure to serve our residents and share this feedback with our entire team!

We are pleased so far.

We are pleased so far. It's clean and the staff is friendly. She likes the food. I do kind of wish they had more things going on for activities, more of a variety and more often. Other than that there really isn't anything I would like to see improved or done better at this point.

Kayle Neegaard

Thank you for sharing your story. It is always our goal to meet the needs of all residents through many, varied activities and events. Would you be willing to contact us to discuss options we can implement immediately for your loved one?

Turkeys in the field.Beauti...

Turkeys in the field.Beautiful. Music/massage therapy. Apts. 45 mins from Ames.

Kayle Neegaard

Our location is very desirable for those who are used to a rural setting. Just outside of Des Moines, we meet your loved ones needs in programming and location! Thank you for sharing!

My experience with Courtyard Estates at Hawthorne Crossing

From the first time I walked into this facility/home for my Mother, I fell in love with it.
Everyone there cared about us and what we were trying to achieve with placing my Mother.
I even requested a second visit and even lunch, and nothing was too much to ask of the staff.
I know this is the best place for my Mother. We placed her in the memory care part of this
facility, I love it and I know she does too. She told that she doesn't have to "worry" about anything
anymore....which up until that moment, I thought I was the only one worrying about things.

Kayle Neegaard

Our goal is always to provide red carpet service and exceptional hospitality to all who enter our doors. What peace of mind to know that neither of you have to worry any longer. It is our pleasure to provide this peace of mind! Thank you!

what do you do when the time comes

My mother is 93 and suddenly we needed immediately help for her. We knew the time was coming, but I'm sure like most, we just kept hoping things would just go on as is forever. Through some contacts we found Courtyard Estates in Bondurant, very near our mothers home in Colfax. In ONE day the incredible folks at Courtyard Estates were able to accommodate our Mother. I cannot tell you how many phone calls, and contacts they made to make this happen. I had no idea what to do and I know that is my fault . I live in Texas, and it was all made so much easier for me by the professional staff in Bondurant. they ALL really seemed to care.

Kayle Neegaard

Thank you so much for sharing your story. Often times, we hear stories just like yours. We are happy to help provide resources, advice and service in a timely fashion. We recognize that safety and peace of mind are powerful decision makers and we are proud to offer a full spectrum of programming and services to meed these immediate needs. We appreciate your feedback!

Enjoyed the visit. Clean and homey pl...

Enjoyed the visit. Clean and homey place. Residents all seemed very happy with their accommodations. Did a tour of several apartments. They were spacious and very bright. Community spaces were clean and busy with residents. Dining rooms were pleasant and cooks most helpful. I observed an activity program that everyone was enjoying. My only concern was cost.

Kayle Neegaard

We take pride in our appearance and offerings. What a wonderful feeling to know that you experienced this at Courtyard Estates. Thank you so much!

It appears to be a wonderful place.

It appears to be a wonderful place.

Kayle Neegaard

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate it!

Our Amenities

•Restaurant style dining for all meals
•24-hour kitchen
•Weekly housekeeping
•Weekly laundry services (no limit)
•All utilities paid with rent, including basic cable TV and wireless internet
•24-hour on-site staff
•2 Registered Nurses available at all times
•Beauty Salon
•Access to large common areas- including a beautiful activity area
•Scheduled transportation
•Wellness and activity programs (5-7 daily)
•Monthly vital signs
•Pet friendly
•Complimentary suite for visitors
•A rural setting
•One level—no stairs or elevators