Countryside Village - Grants Pass, OR

Great staff and modern building

I know some people that live here and they really like it. They have a wonderful indoor pool and the facility is very lovely. The staff is great and the building is more modern so it looks very nice. They told us about their activities and they have buses that will take the residents out on the town. However, it was a bit more expensive than we would’ve liked and that was the ultimate deciding factor.

Smaller upscale facility

This isn’t a huge facility but they have an independent wing and an assisted living wing. It’s a very nice and upscale community. I feel like, for this facility, the pricing is reasonable with what they were asking. I really liked that they had a 2 bedroom and 2 bathroom apartments, which is hard to find in my area. The only reason why I did not pick this community is that they had a long wait list. I would recommend this facility to other families.

Pros & Cons

Lovely grounds & friendly staff = 2 pluses. 2 negatives: the food leaves a LOT to be desired; they recently fired the best administrator I have ever known.

She loves it there. She is doing really well.

She loves it there. She is doing really well. She is not one hundred percent crazy about the food, but everything else is working out really well. We are really pleased with it.

Not A Lot of Active Residents

It was nice enough but most of the people were in a state that were well beyond a state to function or socialize. It seemed like the people took good care or the residents and it was a secure facility but even with his Alzheimer's my dad would be out of place because he can still socialize and talk. The other residents weren't in vegetative states or anything but they were very closed off. It didn't seem like there was a lot of activity there.