RUN RUN RUN

Some staff at this place is very friendly and some will paint a picture to think they are but watch it. I notice the staff meaning cna are over worked and they are always short on shifts, the carpet is dirty in hallways and rooms and the place is very hot sometimes. Ive also heard and seen this building has bedbugs...... many many reported cases of bedbugs, do your background history before you put your love ones there. Ask around to people that stay there they will tell you.

My brother lived in Concord Place for one year. It was very affordable, but some of the residents took advantage of his generosity, so we moved him to a better facility ([name removed]). Concord Place is good for those on a limited budget, and staff were very nice.

Unfortunately, the entrance, hallways, etc give the impression of being old and tired... outdated, in need of some new carpeting and general sprucing up. Due to the age of things, it gives the impression of being dirty, which is unfortunate for those who I'm sure work hard there. [Name removed] is a wonderful asset to the Concord. He provided a wealth of knowledge, kindness and compassion to help me in my search for a place for my parents to move to. The apartments themselves are nice and quite spacious really. There is a heated indoor pool and many common areas for gathering with new friends. Three meals a day are a nice benefit for those who will take advantage of that. Nice to know that cooking and cleaning do not need to be a part of everyday life any longer when not convenient or wanted. Parking is difficult at best, per a current resident. No assigned parking spots. Laundry facilities (if doing your own) are in the basement and are $0.75 per load. Inconvenient when considering the elevators, which are also in need of some updating. They are old, slow and one is sometimes broken (also per current resident). Common areas were beyond chilly when I visited. A warm sweater or sweatshirt would be needed at all times. The private apartment, peace of mind of on site assistance if needed, along with the knowledge that this is a Supportive Living community, all keeps the negatives from detracting from the # of stars I have given. If the owners would make some upgrades, this would be a 5 star +!

Didn’t work for my moms needs. [name removed] was very helpful and informative!

Could use better lighting

I toured this community and it was pretty good. The only thing I didn’t like was that it was a little dark and I wanted my Mom to be somewhere that had a lot of lighting and a better environment. The staff was very friendly and I even got a follow up call from the director afterwards. The facility looked pretty clean and nice. While I was there, I constantly saw workers going back and forth tending to the residents and that was a good sign. They also showed me the restaurant and it looked really nice. The location wasn’t great for our needs so we decided against moving her in but overall it wasn’t a bad facility.

Nice Community, but Difficult Location

I toured here at Concord Place, and I thought that the community itself was very nice and that the people there were wonderful. However, the location is hard to get to, and the outside view from any of the apartments is just depressing. While the community itself is nice, it just isn't the right fit for us.

Settling in

My family member is in this community. He is still independant and love it here. It stays clean in there and they clean his apartment 1 time a week. the grounds are well manicured. I would recommend people come look at this community.

Concord Place Excellence

My 86 year old mother has been a resident of Concord Place for 4 1/2 years, so we have had a long time to decide if it was a good decision. I can say without a doubt that it was! Concord Place is a comprehensive Retirement Community for seniors in many stages of life from fully independent residents to those with physical and mental disabilities.

Staff turnover is very low, which is an indication of satisfied employees and good management.
The many CNA's who provide 24 hour a day oversight have been not only skillful and professional, but also patient, friendly and kind - so much so, that I now look forward to seeing them as much as I do my Mom when I come to visit.

The professional on sight nursing, medical and physical therapy staff are all excellent. They care not only for the residents, but also for the residents families during what can be a stressful transition. I have always felt that my concerns as the child of a resident have been heard, respected and addressed.

The building itself is well maintained and clean, and the meals are nutritious, tasty and varied. On Sunday a free breakfast is offered for all visitors to encourage family and friends to visit the residents.

There are so many activities that it is difficult to decide what to do each day. Yesterday, there was an excellent men's choir that visited and entertained the residents with oldies sung with with and passion.

There are no words to express how much contentment Concord Place has given to my Mom and the family.

Good Choice

Concord Place was a good choice for us based on the proximity to our families and the affordability. Dad is settling into his new environment moving from a house into a room is a big adjustment even though we have decorated it to make it feel more like home. The staff is very caring and attentive to his needs. The food is pretty good some days are better than others. They do offer activities for the residents although my dad is not one to engage in activities. There is transportation for shopping and other excursions, but we usually take dad where he needs to go. There is not a lot to do or see outdoors but that suits us fine due to him having COPD he tends to stay indoors. After touring multiple places we know we have made a good choice choosing Concord Place.

Working out well!!

My mother has recently made the move into this community and so far we are happy with how things are going for her. She has made a lot of improvements and I think we are going to keep her for the long hall. The staff have been helpful with the move and I am comfortable with the quality of care she has been receiving. Overall it has been a great fit and I would recommend it to anyone interested.

Warm and Friendly

Concord Place was a very warm and inviting community that we toured. The staff was very friendly and knowledgeable and answered all of our questions. They have many activities for the residents that we could see in progress. We chose another community because we were looking for the independent living lifestyle.

Comfortable care!!

My loved one has recently made the move into this community and so far I have no complaints of how things are going for her. The staff have been easy to work with and have accommodated her needs to the best of there ability. Overall it has been a good fit and we are very pleased with her new living environment

Good care for a friend

I am very happy with the care of this community the good care for my friend. The staff has been very caring and attentive. The community is clean and we like that he is active with the residents in the good activities that are offered. The community has a nice variety of meals that are appealing. We would recommend this community for other families for good care and a good value.

A good tour!

I toured Concord Place and thought it was a nice facility. It was not as nice as other places that I toured, though. The tour guide was helpful and friendly during our tour.

A tour for care

We toured this community and were very happy with the community being clean and the nice environment. The staff was able to answer the questions that we had on the care that is offered. We like the menu and dining area and the list of activities. We would recommend that other families tour the community for the care of a loved one.

It is quiet at night

The restaurant reminds me of a hotel. They bring out the main two entrees on plates covered in plastic wrap for you to see. There is a menu to order off of as well, however that food takes a little longer to receive. The community is very nice and they have enough activities. They have a trip coming up to a science museum. The staff are good and they check on you each morning. I would recommend this community.

A community for care

I like this community for care. The staff have been very helpful.I am happy knowing that he does like the menu and the variety of what is offered. The community is very clean with a nice enviroment. They do offer activities for him to particiapte. We would recommend this community for a good value

Everything is great!

Everything is going great so far at Concord Place. Though my loved one is having a few health issues, the staff do what they can to make her feel comfortable. We have no complaints so far about this facility!

I am not impressed

Mom thinks the food at this community is ok. They do not offer an orientation or a meet and greet with a new resident. There is a fee to have a nurse escort your loved one to and from the dining hall. They do offer some daily activities, however they do not communicate these very well. Her room is nice they keep it and the community clean. This community just does not seem to be working for my mom.

Tour for my home

I toured this community for care for myself. The communty was nice and appeared to be clean. The staff were helpful. They do offer a variety of meals. I liked the activities for the residents. The community seemed to be loud due to the location of the property. We would recommend that families tour this community for the care of a loved one.

This community is down the middle

The staff are nice and helpful. The food is good, however my loved one feels the portions are not large enough. They keep the community clean and they offer daily activities. The rooms are small and the price is right. I would recommend taking a look at this community.

We are moving my Mom and Sister into the Concord. The ONLY facility that we visited that could keep both at their facility, even if assets ran out. Very comfortable and pricing was UNBELIEVABLE! So much to do or not.

They are very busy Great People Love the Staff and the people that work the desk area are so helpful they really work hard too. We loved Beverly she made the process easy breezy. My mom is happier and that is what matters to us.

A great community

My loved one is still adjusting to living at this community. The staff have been great and helpful. They have done everything they promised. The food is good and the community is nice. They offer daily activities and I would recommend this community. They offer step down levels of care from independent living to nursing assistance.

Over promised

The tour with Concord Place was positive. I felt like they may have over promised a bit. They reassured us they could meet my mother's care needs. I also didn't like that the rooms were smaller than other communities we looked at.

All is Well

My loved one is doing well here at this community.

This was not what I was looking for. The community did not have a home feeling to it. The staff was nice, but not what we wanted. It was too big and not well taken care of. They do have activites. I suggest that other families tour the community for the care of a loved one to see if it is what they are looking for.

Amazing food is served throughout the day!!

Things are going wonderful for my loved one since she has recently moved into this community. The staff have all been very friendly and helpful on helping my mother make the adjustment into her new living environment. Her favorite thing is the food that they serve, she says its absolulty delicious and enjoys her dinning experience. The only thing I wish they would do a better job of is the cleaning of the bedrooms. The housekeepers seem to just do the bare minimum that they need to.

I Was Not Impressed With My Tour

I was not impressed with my tour of this community. The community was not well maintained. The room they showed was not appealing at all, it could have looked better. During our visit orientation the gentlemen that did the orientation was more like a use car sales man. He asked for a lot of personal information, and we were not comfortable with that.

Fight for your loved one, they might wind up on the street

They are in a hurry to evict me. Raised my rent knowing Medicare did not give me a raise in income. I have $2.20 per month to spend for soap, shampoo, toothpaste, stamps, laundry soap, quarters for washer, dryer in a three month period. My prescriptions cost $220/3 mo supply, in the donut hole cost is $650. Explains why there a so many people walking around here with dirty hair, bodies, clothes, shoes with holes and being forced to move into about 14 tiny rooms. Pay your elevated rent or we will throw you out in the streets. Buy my insulin or pay my rent. What an eye opening experience. Please ask for my income per month

They Have Their Good And Bad

The good experience comes from my friend liking it very much here. It is a clean place and his room is well maintained. The staff are able to give him the attention that he needs. There has been no complaints about his care. The bad part is with the food, it is very average and not gourmet. The meals could use some improvement.

Concord Place is a nice clean community!!

I would recommend looking into this community. It is in an excellent spot and affordable. Mom is still getting accustomed to living here and is slowly starting to participate in some of the activities offered. She likes the dining room and the food is good. The staff are excellent and answer all of our questions.

Nice place, overall

Although it didn't end up being the best fit, I thought Concord Place was a very nice place overall! The people were friendly, and it was clean and well kept. Unfortunately it just didn't end up being a match for what we needed in terms of price.

It Has Been A Little Over A Month

A Place For Mom was so helpful to help find a community for my brother, I don't know what I would do with out them. I am having a few issues with medical transportation, I was advised to use the PACE Bus but there is not route to where my brother goes. My brother has a few diet restriction due to his dialysis and I feel they are not sensitive to the list of food that he can't eat. I gave the list to owner/manager.

Happy here.

Mom is Liking This Community

Our family has found this community to be a wonderful place for Mom. It does not look nice but the staff are so helpful, accommodating, and very nice. I had so much help moving my mom in, the staff hung up pictures and helped me unpack. I was able to eat with my mom everyday I was there and its pretty good and Mom loves all the options and portions. The residents are nice and so far she has been able to watch movies with the other residents.

Great value

Great people doing great work. Sometimes a bit short staffed but my mom is very happy.

We Love It

Moved in March 2016 and so far so good. Food is good, love the atmosphere. Loves to watch the basketball games in our own private room. We are happier and well being is better. I would highly recommend this place to anyone.

We like it a lot.

We like it a lot. The people have been great, they are very friendly. She seems to be kind of flourishing there actually. We chose them because we liked the level of care they offered, price was also a consideration.

Overall very happy with just about everything about the facility and the staff.,

Great place to live

Concord Place has great activities for all of the tenents and guests. There is a wonderful sense of community when you walk in the door!!

This was our least favorite.

We toured here when we were looking for options. This was our least favorite. The location wasn't ideal. The rooms were the least best kept of all the places we saw. The window to the room we viewed, overlooks the highway, and was just very noisy. They did have a therapy house there, and the dining looked okay. We did not ultimately choose them.

hasn't been as wonderful as we were thinking.

Mom is having a hard time adjusting at Concord Place She is a lot younger than most of the residents there. The staff members are not very responsive. The caregivers have not been so nice to mom. She is not super happy. We have been trying to work out a workers comp issue that mom had from years ago. The doctor said they could'n't see her until that was worked out. The staff have not been very responsive as far as getting that done. Also caregivers were showing up in the middle in the night in her room and she did not like that. It just hasn't been as wonderful as we were thinking.

staff needs a class on costumer service

The only I could say needs improving at Concord Place is the staff needs a class on costumer service. The dining room staff are actually mean to the residents. It takes them forever to serve us too. The overall customer service just needs to be looked at for this facility. Other than that I am pretty happy here.

Concorde Place

Everyone was very helpful. Some of the front desk help needs a little more customer service training. Not very impressive. The housekeeping in the common areas good be improved but all in all I am very pleased with Concorde. My elderly cousin seems very happy and that make s me happy knowing she is in a good and safe environment.

The food is wonderful there.

The food is wonderful there. The place is very clean. The care is okay, but I think it could be improved. The care could be better. The communication with the staff has been good. I would recommend the Concord Place. My overall rating of this facility is five stars. Overall, it has been a good experience there. I can't rate the activities because I'm not sure about that area. It is not applicable.

Great place for a person who still wants to be independent but needs some help!!!

My father has been at Concord Place for 6 weeks. He will be 90 years old and struggles with hearing, vision and memory issues. He is getting more comfortable everyday. The staff is trying their very best to make him feel like he is a valued member of the community. The transition for seniors and their families is not easy. I know that my dad is safe, well fed and offered opportunities to interact with peers. I would encourage everyone to think seriously about Concord Place!!! Thanks to all of them for what they are doing.

Impressed And Happy

I just think that they went over the top to try to make us and my father feel welcomed there. They made it feel like it was his decision to move there and not the families, which we really appreciated. Overall we are impressed and happy with them as a whole.

We're happy with it and she is happy with it and they have a lot to do. They keep her very entertained and they will call you if there is any kind of problem. They are just very friendly and she has so much to do there and she loves it and I feel that she's safe there and she likes it. And price-wise it is good too.

They're very helpful. They are even helping me move my dad from a bigger apartment to a smaller apartment which is nice.

Very Good Overall

Very good overall. The only real negative I can say is that the dining is not very prompt on service when resident is having a meal. That is the only negative I have seen. Overall, it is very good value.

Very Happy With Concord

What I like about Concord is the same person everyday of the week. Food is very good. We are very happy with the Concord. People are friendly and there are many activities to choose from. It is neat and clean.

Happy my mom is in a safe and comfortable place

After searching several retirement/assisted living facilities I spoke with a gentleman at Concord Place. He answered all of my questions and invited my mother and I to come visit, tour the facility and have lunch. We had lunch, spent quite some time speaking with the living coordinators as well as some of the residents. My mother has been living there for three months. She loves it. There are so many activities and she is making meeting lots of people of making friends. The food is great and my mother loves her nurse.

He is just loving it.

He is just loving it. They treat them like kings on the Veterans wing, and it's more homey feeling. You have three good meals a day. They have a sliding scale for the veterans and the assisted living. I have been very impressed. They are able to accept pets. It's like a huge hotel, with a swimming pool, and huge big dinning room, a chapel, it has everything, and there are tons of employees. They have movies a couple of nights a week. The only drawback is it's location, it's in a highly industrial area, and there is a lot of traffic. This is a place that if I had to live there, I wouldn't mind it. They have some transportation, even an indoor garden area, where they grow some of the fresh vegetables that they eat here.

Concord place, a place to be

Everything is working out pretty well.

Everything is working out pretty well. It's clean and the staff is friendly. I don't really have complaints about the food or anything else right now. I would rate them highly at this point.

Facility's such as these need weekly meeting with staff to remind them of the fact that their in the service industry. Most of the staff are friendly, however some are not. If you can't handle dealing with adults who are very lonely and sick. Get the hell out of the industry!!!!

Seems nice overall

Concord Place seems nice overall. The facility itself is well kept and clean, and the staff seem friendly enough. I do think they could have been better about the information they provided when we were touring. They should have volunteered more on their own, and some of it was not entirely accurate.

Management was very responsive and involved.

We are no longer there, it wasn't the best fit. However I still have positive things to say. Management was very responsive and involved. It was clean, I didn't really have any concerns. We weren't there long enough to give a five.

I like them because they are pretty reasonably priced and convert to Medicaid or Medicare after. They are willing to work with you and seem to be genuinely concerned with the residents. My biggest complaint is that the doctor doesn't follow up or call me back when I leave messages.

Not happy here.

We are having an issue with some of the the staff. The director was so nice when we went there...just great but as SOON as we got it, I haven't heard from the director or the nurses. They keep leaving her alone in her room or wherever she is and she keeps running out of oxygen waiting for them. The physical and occupational therapists are great, but the rest of the staff is hit or miss. She loved the previous facility she was at, but it was just too expensive... so she's sad to be here now.

My 88 yr old mother has lived there for 2 yrs. She is very happy and content except for the food and not enough elevators and they tend to break down often. I know she's taken care of. She gets physical therapy, doctor on premisses 3 days a week, many activites. Her aids are wonderful and caring. Its affordable. She can't afford $3000 and up facilities. This is affordable and clean.

They are doing a very good job.

They are doing a very good job. It's very clean, and the staff is friendly, and efficient. The food is good, we are very happy with them. My only complaint would be that they need better elevator service. They have three elevators, but they really need four.

Better than I had anticipated given the urban look and feel from the outside. Yes, it's a bit longer in the tooth than other places but the cost difference is a huge factor. The apartment refresh looks pretty good. Lots of activities is attractive. Good cost benefit ratio. Spoke to a resident who'd been there just under a year. She didn't like it at first but now really enjoys living there.

Good Value

Man who showed us around was Super funny, great guy,nice place but it was a highrise. I have recommended Concord to others, rooms were not as nice as Autumn green, but cafeteria/restaurant, elmhurst hopital dr's come in, very industrial though

Review of Concord Place in Northlake, IL

As of the end of September, I have been a new resident here. I haven't been as happy in many a year after residing at a 55 plus in Sarasota, where I lived for 33 years, where I didn't own the land. And when I left in early June, my rent monthly was $1,000 per month and as of 1/1/15 no doubt more. Here I have met so many friendly people. I have attended so many activities that 7 days per week I keep very busy. All staff and workers are excellent. I have all my meals and the food is delicious! I would refer to all my friends in Florida or anywhere. This is the best place to retire here!

Review of Concord Place in Northlake, IL

Concord Place is a 16 story ex-hotel turned into a senior living facility. Surrounded by highways, railroads, no other highrises makes it's location unique. All aspects of senior care are offered here, seemingly with care and love. All services including exceptional food and dining are offered. Truly exceptional in this area for the elderly.

Review of Concord Place in Northlake, IL

After a lifetime of being a work-a-holic, it is nice to be able to relax in an atmosphere where my needs are taken care of, walking around the property, enjoying the sunrises and sunsets with no buildings obstructing my view.

Review of Concord Place in Northlake, IL

I've been here for 13 years and am still very pleased. The staff is wonderful. The food is almost always A+. Restaurant menu can be ordered from. I get help whenever I need it. Thank you all!

They do a pretty good job.

They do a pretty good job. The staff is friendly, and it's pretty clean. Tuesdays and Wednesdays are kind of boring here. The food I would say is probably a four, but the service sometimes isn't that great. You will sit sometimes for 10-15 minutes and servers will walk by and not ask what we need. They have a very bad bus, it's small and only takes like 3 wheelchairs, and there are three hundred people here. You have to be first in line, and the bus breaks down a lot, they need a bigger better bus. Overall it's a nice place.

Concord Place - a value option

Concord place is a good value option. They are much cheaper than other facilities - $1500/month rather than $2500/month.

They can manage being cheaper because they have more people there. The downside of this is that they may be a little less efficient about getting small issues addressed (e.g. takes a while to get things fixed in the room, the front desk staff does not take messages for residents, mailed packages are not promptly delivered, there is almost always a wait for the elevators, etc).

The staff is very friendly & helpful for the most part. Most of the residents are also friendly & nice. A few are crabby & rude, but this is probably the case everywhere.

You can add additional services as needed, which helps to keep the general cost down.

Thus far we are very happy with the Concord and the staff!

My father-in-law has only been a resident for a week and we have been very pleased with everyone we have come in contact with at the Concord thus far. They have a very caring staff and management team.

HORRIBLE NASTY FILTHY PHONY SCAM ARTISTS

If I could rate the Concorde with less than one star, I would. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS PLACE TO ANYONE.

We were shown a room in independent living with a great view and told that this would be my dad's room. Also... that furnishings included a television and that furnishings (because the deposit was so high) "belonged to the resident." The staff was friendly and caring -- BEFORE my father signed the lease. They sold us the moon and stars before we signed.

After the lease? The room did NOT include a television. The room with a great view was NOT the room my father was assigned. Staff did not return calls. The room he got still had dentures from the prior resident on the bathroom sink and it was FILTHY. Niiice. The staff was absent, disengaged, didn't return calls and was overall unfriendly and overworked. Nothing in this place works. Elevators break constantly. Homeless veterans (too young to be in senior housing! WTF!) are living there and they smoke and drink in their rooms. Staff does nothing.

My father was admitted to the hospital two weeks into his $1400/month lease and died three weeks into the lease.

Considering we paid $2800+ for the deposit and because he had a special diet, he wasn't eating much (which contributed to his DEATH!) so we called "Dave" - the "nice" guy who was so friendly and "kind" to us when he admitted my dad. We asked if we could get even a small credit ($700). We didn't get a call back from Dave...we didn't get a freaking condolence note...we didn't get a "Thank you for choosing us" letter. We didn't get a "Screw you!" letter. We got A COPY OF THE LEASE in the mail and a scrawled note that the lease says they get all the money.

We weren't questioning what was in the lease. My father lived there three weeks. We paid them two months' rent. When I suggested we keep the furniture instead, they said "Oh no! That's not YOURS!" as if they had amnesia.

Bottom line...avoid this at all costs.

Very nice place!

Overall things have gone very well with Concord Place! It's a nice looking place, and the staff have all been very friendly! Not only do they take great care of their residents, they really make an effort to have a good relationship with the families as well. Whenever there have been bumps along the way they make sure to involve the family to get things resolved quickly!

Everything here is good.

Everything here is good. I needed somewhere where I can have some independence and still get some assistance. I love it here, they have done a great job. I have made a lot of friends.

Nice place, lots of family involvement

We've been very pleased with everything about this community so far, and would rate them 5s across the board. The staff have been very friendly, they provide excellent care and keep the place nice looking and clean. I particularly like how they really encourage family involvement, and have events and holiday parties that they'll invite everyone to.

A great place to really experiment with your happy.

The place is really good, and you can be very happy here if you make something out of it for yourself. There are plenty of activities and they are are a great place to really experiment with your happy, if you do art, take pictures, or explore music. You have to want to experiment and do things. I was a little bit nervous at first and it's awesome. The maintenance people will even brush your car off. The value is incredible. I only have to pay for phone and cable. It's different for different incomes, they work with you. Once a week they come and do some housekeeping. They have a swimming pool. If you have two or more people you can go in the pool anytime, they had a spelling bee, they do brain teasers, and puzzles to do on the mezzanine floor. They have two main entrees every meal, and salads and hamburgers cheesburgers, spaghetti, if you don't like what they are making for the main meal, you can have something else. The rooms are kind of like a college dorm. The only thing I would like to see better is if somebody would take care of the older people who say there is nothing to do.

Good care, but difficulties in communication

The CNA service here is excellent, my Dad can be a difficult man to work with and they did a great job with him. I was also very impressed with the activities staff here, although my father did not participate.
We ran into a lot of frustration when attempting to communicate with them. They were not very responsive in general. We had to really hound them to get any answers to questions or feedback regarding care.

Not for Us

It seemed like a Medicaid joint. The people creeped me out. It was dark and dingy and I was afraid mother might get mugged. I didn't like it at all.

Nothing To Do Within Walking Distance

My dad said he definitely would have moved to Concord Place if it hadn't been so far removed from everything. It's like an island in the middle of nowhere. Everything around it is all businesses so there is nothing you can do with in walking distance. Still being in a community where he could walk to different things was very important to him.

Wonderful Activities at a Great Price

When you walk in it is not the most plush or fancy place, and maybe the decor is a little dated, but it is very clean and safe. They take good care of them and it is very affordable. My mom is in independent living. They provide three meals a day and weekly housekeeping. They provide transportation to various places, and there is a calendar for everyone to see that shows when they'll be going to which store. They have movie nights and exercise classes. There is always something to do. We are very happy. They have studios and up to a two bedroom apartment. My mom is in a studio, but they have so many things going on that she isn't in her room very much.

This place isn't the Ritz, ...

This place isn't the Ritz, but they aren't pretending to be. A very affordable option compared to others. Energetic young staff that seemed to have enthusiasm for their jobs, which is critical when your job is senior care.

Concord Place

My mom is very happy at Concord Place. They are always friendly when i come. My mom has her own one bedroom apartment. She has been here for 2 months. She has made some good friends and enjoys meals with her friends and sitting outside and visiting. She has really gotten involved in all the activities they offer. She plays bingo 4 evenings a week. She attends exercise classes every morning.
She really enjoys the restaurant style meals. Lots of choices. You also can eat when you want. No set times.

Concord Place assisted living for younger adult

My brother is 60 years old and on disability. He has numerous medical issues and wanted to live in a more independent setting than a nursing home. Nick from "A Place For Mom" introduced us to Concord Place, and it has been a blessing for our family! Concord Place affords elderly or disabled residents with a great deal of independence in their living, providing meal service in an onsite restaurant, laundromat, community rooms, onsite chapel and resident medical services including CNA, nurses, physicians and physical therapists. The facility also has an onsite beauty salon serving men and women, small convenience store, computer center and swimming pool. Our brother enjoys his freedom and we feel very secure that his medical needs are taken care of.

Concord Place

Very good value. Staff friendly. Lots to offer. Assisted living services are charges are ala carte if you need them. Clean. Could use more elevators though. Long waits during meal times. Very pleased with the move for my parents.

Hotel turned community

We chose this because my mom did not want anything to fancy and elaborate she wanted more of a plain Jane community. The building is really big and has several levels, it use to be a hotel that was converted to a senior community. We pay $1,400 a month for a pretty good size studio. They do not have a kitchen but 3 meals are provided daily. We had previous family members that lived here that had good experiences so we decided to use it again. It also happens to be very close to our family and provides a very convenient location.

The facility was clean. Our tour gui...

The facility was clean. Our tour guide was informative. My cousin felt the facility was to big for her liking and didn't care for the location.

Public events (prof.wrestling when I ...

Public events (prof.wrestling when I was there!) in top floors; guests use same elevators as residents! Security concerns!

Large hotel that was renovated recent...

Large hotel that was renovated recently. Food was really good, clean environment, residents appear happy. Truly independent living. Mom would need to be responsible for eating and socializing. A little only 9 miles to Marshalls but she would have to drive through Maywood.

$1150 studio includes 3 meals per day...

$1150 studio includes 3 meals per day & maid. One month security deposit. Assisted living on site.

Lovely, a feeling of spaciousness. Pr...

Lovely, a feeling of spaciousness. Price is too high. Few units with kitchens. Will not allow dogs.

The place was clean and inviting. The...

The place was clean and inviting. The rooms were a little bit larger then the Sunrise locations. The views were of the tollway or the train yard :( The atmosphere was mor of a hotel/convention center then a home for Dad.

Director very helpful. Nice facility...

Director very helpful. Nice facility - beautiful dining room, good food. Great schedule of activities. Have doctors available on site, plus beauty salon and dentists. Main negative - studio apt is small. Not sure what bed or furniture would work.

Spoke with the marketing person a few...

Spoke with the marketing person a few times. Said he would be willing to get Mom and bring her their for a tour.

Pros: Interesting place, 1 bedrm ...

Pros: Interesting place, 1 bedrm apt adequate. Menu ok Cons: cleanliness?, large facility-could father navigate with blindness?

Very nice-lots of room and places to ...

Very nice-lots of room and places to go. Swimming pool. Rooftop garden. Food good.

EXPERIENCE THE DIFFERENCE AT CONCORD PLACE RETIREMENT COMMUNITY

We are so much more than a senior community. Concord Place Retirement Community is home. For over 25 years we have prided ourselves in creating a culture and atmosphere of comfort and love. To that end, we have focused our efforts on four areas for our seniors: Peace of Mind, Community, Lifestyle and Choice.

Peace of Mind

Concord Place Retirement Community enables you to enjoy all the benefits of being in your own home, but removes the worry of maintenance, chores and even cooking. Our 24 hour staffing and daily checks mean you’re never more than a phone call or pull chord away from assistance. Senior service providers such as physicians, therapists, home health care providers, audiologists, podiatrists, and even dentists are available with on-site offices. Enjoy as many activities as you wish or as much privacy as you want in our safe and secure environment.

Community

Our generous common spaces provide a host of amenities to enjoy on your own or with good friends. Take a dip in the beautiful pool, take in a movie at our in-house theater or attend services in the chapel. Follow a delicious dinner with an evening game of cards or head up to the 16th floor ballroom to take in the stunning view of the Chicago skyline. Even a penthouse greenhouse awaits you! At Concord, there is truly something for everyone.

Lifestyle

At Concord Place Retirement Community our residents take part in a wide variety of social, educational, and recreational activities. Life is always exciting here! There is always something to do, someone new to meet, or someplace to go. Take part in daily events, trips and a variety of special activities. Our fine, restaurant-style dining offers a very wide variety of menu options prepared daily by our gourmet chef. Our restaurant is open all day so that you are served based on your own schedule. At Concord Place Retirement Community we not only feed your soul but your body as well.

Choice

When you move to Concord Place you move to a new lifestyle, based entirely on personal choice. Our community offers a wealth of lifestyle choices, including spacious floor plans, freestyle dining, and service options to meet residents' wellness needs. An array of services and amenities is right at your fingertips to entertain, educate, and stimulate you.You’ll find more activities than you can imagine and all the space you will ever need to share experiences with like-minded seniors, your family, and friends.

At Concord, we understand all the dynamics of finding the right retirement community, including evaluating a host of amenities, services and pricing options. In one short visit you will see how our team has a unique passion for providing the best solutions, services and value possible. You will not find a more caring and committed staff!

City Info

Nicknamed ""The City of Friendly People,"" the small city of Northlake offers a close-knit environment with an assortment of senior living options, shopping and dining venues, and serene parks.

- The city has a walkability score of 53, meaning that some errands can easily be accomplished without the use of a vehicle.

- Northlake is home to approximately 13,000 people, and the average age of residents is 35.

- There are roughly 280 senior housing options, enabling seniors to choose from a variety of group homes, assisted and independent living communities, and memory care facilities.

- Residents enjoy four distinct seasons. The hottest month of the year is July, when temperatures are in the low 80s, and the coldest month of the year is January, when lows reach the teens. The city sees an average annual rainfall of 38 inches and an average annual snowfall of 37 inches. On average, there are 187 sunny days every year and 69 days with measurable precipitation.

- Northlake is home to American Legion and Veterans of Melrose Park, ensuring that veterans have access to necessary resources and support.

Transportation

Northlake offers a reliable transportation system with several different options, making it easy for seniors to get around the town.

- Bus Service: Pace Bus
- Rail Service: Pacific Rail Service
- Taxis: Riveras Taxis, The One Taxi, Inc., Schiller Park Taxi
- Ride Shares: Uber and Lyft

Health and Wellness

Although Northlake is a small city, residents have access to high-quality health care from outstanding medical facilities.

- Kindred Hospital Chicago Northlake
- Northlake Dental Clinic
- ATI Physical Therapy

Sports and Leisure

Northlake residents enjoy an active lifestyle and can take advantage of nearby parks, golf courses, and more.

- Parks: Millenium Park, Kahl Park, Fairview Memorial Park, Nagle-Perri Park, and Westdale Park.
- Golf Clubs: White Pines Golf Club and Indian Boundary Golf Club.
- Tennis Courts: Oak Park Tennis Center

Shopping and Entertainment

Northlake is home to several shopping, dining, and entertainment venues, catering to any interest or lifestyle.

- Apparel and Department Stores: Walmart, Burlington Coat Factory, T.J. Maxx, K-Mart, and Lane Bryant.
- Grocery Stores and Pharmacies: Aldi, Farmer's Best Market, GNC, Tony's Finer Foods, Walgreens, Sam's Club, CVS, and Jewel-Osco.
- Restaurants: Burger King, Taco Bell, Subway, Chili's, Panda Express, McDonald's, and Wendy's.
- Library: Northlake Public Library

Religious Facilities

The Northlake region is home to people of all faiths and backgrounds, and it offers numerous faith communities.

- St. John the Baptist Melkite Catholic Church