Victory Centre of River Woods - Melrose Park, IL

• 3 Balanced Meals and Snacks Per Day
  • Full Schedule of Trips, Events and Activities!
  • On-site Nurse
  • Dental Care Available
  • Medication Reminders
  • 24-hour Emergency Call Response
  • Outside Patio Garden

The location was hosting a cookout on the day I visited, so a large number of the residents were in the common areas. While it was somewhat congested the staff appeared to know each resident by name including any current activity the resident was involved with.

A review of Victory Centre, assisted living in Melrose Pk.

I had to place my friend here at Victory Centre, Riverwoods,in Melrose Pk. I was very impressed. The place is very clean. The staff from the executive director to the aides are very accommodating. Any concern I had was addressed. His unit was in great condition.They have activities daily. I would recommend this place.

This facility was friendly, but crowded. The rooms were clean and the staff was helpful.

My Mom Is Well Here

So far everything is working out pretty well for my mother here at this community. I know they are providing her with good care. She is safe and in good hands. Overall it has been a good experience for us here.

Perfect!

My mom and I fell in love with this place as soon as Barb (who is fantastic by the way) gave us a tour. As soon as you walk in it's very warm and welcoming. Melissa at the front desk is very sweet and helpful. The whole staff is absolutely wonderful and caring.. My mother is very happy here and has made many friends since moving in. I love how the dining room has different variations to choose from aside from the entrees. The food is very good! There is always daily activites going on which keeps my mom busy throughout the day and scheduled shopping trips if she needs to grab anything from the store. Overall, I'm very happy we chose this place for my mother with all they have to offer. I highly recommend it!

Nicole Bartecki

Thank you for your review! I am so happy that your mom is doing so well at our community.

Dining experience

[Removed] I hold this facility to a pretty high standard. As my Grandmother lives here her personal opinions matter a great deal. Overall, I love the place because of the warm and welcoming staff, layout, and involvement of the staff. One area I'd like to point out is dining. The idea behind it is classy, socially-driven, and pleasant. My grandmother has very few complaints and so do I. I commend the staff for taking her suggestions and implementing them into some of the meals, she's a very critical person when it comes to food. The options are not always favorable but more often than not she enjoys it and that is great in my book. The options of entrees for all three meals allows them more independence and variety. You cannot go wrong with that. Being a nurse, I believe food ties into wellness of mind, body and spirit.

I recommend this community

I recommend this community to anyone that is looking for a place that is welcoming and supportive to your needs. I especially enjoy the dining staff because they can accommodate your needs, have a variety of food selection to choose from and the food is always great!!!!

Very nice place. We met with Barb [Removed] who guided us thru the tour and she was absolutely AMAZING. Extremely helpful and took her time with us. Will definately consider this place when time comes to make a decision on facility.

Sometimes

staff is wonderful and friendly some the food runs out. but over all it is a good care center And they are slow to respond sometimes.

Nicole Bartecki

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to hear about your concerns about the food and our staff's response time. Please reach out to Gus, our Executive Director, with your concerns so that he can promptly correct the issues at [removed]. It is always our goal to give the best possible customer service and care. Thank you again for bringing these issues to our attention.

My Mom is a new resident to the Riverwoods Victory Center. She is adjusting fairly well but her biggest complaint seems to be the food. She has the second meal seating and notices smaller portions and food that is dry and hard to chew. I have found the staff very friendly and her room is lovely.

Nicole Bartecki

Thank you for your review. I am happy to hear that your mom is adjusting well to our community. I am so sorry to hear about the concerns with dining. I have made Gus, our Executive Director, aware of your review to help address the issue. If you could please contact Gus at [removed] with more details he will be able to address the issues with our team members more effectively. Thank you.

I am very disappointed in this facility. I have noticed what appears to be interference with the healthcare decisions of residents. It is my opinion that they do not have the best interests of seniors at heart. I would not recommend this facility to others.

Nicole Bartecki

I appreciate your review. I am sorry to hear that you feel that our residents do not have choices when deciding on healthcare decisions. In fact, all our residents have choices as to which healthcare providers that they choose to use. Unfortunately, several of our residents recently chose to switch from a certain provider and there have been some hurt feelings. Our Executive Director, Gus, would be happy to discuss any concerns that you have at [removed].

The staff at this facility, and apparently corporate, [removed] They do not have the best interests of the residents at heart, and [removed] I am very disappointed in this facility and would not recommend it to others.

Nicole Bartecki

Thank you for your review. Our number one priority is making sure that our residents receive the best possible care. Our residents chose which healthcare providers that they wish to use. Unfortunately for healthcare providers, this means that our residents may chose to go with another company. Please feel free to contact our Executive Director to further discuss your concerns at [removed].

Victory Centre® of River Woods offers a 107 apartment supportive living community for adults 65 and older, located at 1800 Riverwoods Drive in Melrose Park, Illinois. Victory Centre of River Wood's award-winning VIVA! program sets the tone for the personalized way we care for our residents... our individualized approach to supporting their overall well being... and the way we engage residents in sharing their talents and living a meaningful life.
When you live at Victory Centre of River Woods not only do you have a great place to live but you are still very active and involved. Our residents lead programs on everything from brain games to bible study to teaching magic. Through monthly committee meetings they help to plan menus, design the community life calender, and plan and execute service projects like collecting donations for the food pantry at Our Lady of Mt. Carmel church. At Victory Centre of River Woods we encourage our residents to live well, age well and be well.
Victory Centre of River Woods offers deluxe accommodations in private studio and two-bedroom/companion apartments. Residents have access to beautifully appointed gathering spaces including a community dining room, a living room with fireplace, library with computers, craft room and wellness center as well as exterior amenities such as a patio and community garden.
Our supportive living community is conveniently located right off North Avenue in a park-like setting close to shopping centers and Gottlieb Memorial Hospital.