Commonwealth Senior Living at South Boston - South Boston, VA

Many activities to choose from!

This is a great place! Commonwealth is very clean and the staff is friendly. There are lots of activities that were offered, some of which my father participated in, such as family movie nights that happen once a month, bible studies and different outings. I would recommend Commonwealth!

very satisfied

I am very satisfied with Commonwealth Assisted Living at South Boston. Based on the times we have been there visiting everything has been wonderful at this facility. Mom has dementia and she is very young but at this facility she is really engaging in the activities. At this point I would say everything is going really well here.

Eleanor Robinson

My mother was a resident at Commonwealth Assisted Living at South Boston for five years. The care she was given was outstanding. Over the five years she was a resident, my wife and I were able to get to know the staff that cared for her – they were friendly, courteous and caring and her personal appearance always reflected the excellent care she was given. When Commonwealth became the new owners a few years ago, we were concerned they would make personnel changes. To our delight there were no changes in the personnel responsible for her personal care – but there were major improvements in the building.

We were fortunate to have my mother be a charter resident of the Sweet Memories wing – which is a beautiful addition to the residence. We noticed a marked improvement in her attitude after the move.

We cannot express our gratitude enough to Commonwealth for giving us the peace of mind to know that Mom was taken care of so well and was happy as a resident.

Short But Sweet

We spent only 20 days in what started at the ER (5 trips to the ER within 8 weeks). Mom is approaching 97 years old and has lived alone since Dad died in 1983. Slowly, she has lost her independence and mobility, but still walks with a walker. Problems intensified with what I believe was improper medication. She has diminished eyesight and is unable to real labels. With much assistance at the Halifax Regional Hospital, I was able to obtain a private room at Commonwealth Assisted Living at South Boston. The staff was much like working with family. Thanks to everyone at CAL. God bless and look for us back!
PS: Mom chose to return home…our reason for leaving.

Welcome to Commonwealth Senior Living at South Boston, a premier senior living community situated near the heart of the city. Our community reflects the charming family atmosphere that runs deep in South Boston. We’re a leading choice for those who want to stay close to home while receiving the assistance they need. Conveniently located near healthcare facilities, shopping and dining, our community provides comprehensive services for residents in a caring and home-like atmosphere that ensures they maintain a quality lifestyle.

Our community boasts a variety of amenities to ensure our residents are comfortable, happy and healthy. For example, our full-time activities director coordinates daily activities, trips and social programs. Residents enjoy private or companion suites with a private bath and their pets are welcome too! We believe in personal and dignified care which is why staff members are on-site 24 hours a day and we develop an individualized care plan for each resident. We understand that everyone has unique needs and we tailor services to our residents, such as medication management and assistance with activities of daily living such as bathing, dressing and grooming.

Reinforcing our commitment to excellence, we’re currently undergoing a renovation to better serve our residents and offer additional services, including our Sweet Memories signature program, which received a best practice award from the Virginia Assisted Living Association. It’s specifically designed for those residents who experience memory loss, Alzheimer’s or dementia.

The attentive and experienced team provides compassionate care to residents who have all the comforts of home surrounded by friends and neighbors! Our residents quickly become like family. With a variety of living options, you’ll be sure to feel right at home. Explore Commonwealth Senior Living at South Boston further and schedule a tour today.