Mebane Ridge Assisted Living - Mebane, NC

Options for mom

We toured this community for care. The staff did not communicate very well. The community was clean and they do have nice cities that are offered to the residents. We would suggest that other families might be happy with this community if they tour the community for themselves. We can not recommend it due to we did not feel that the staff were friendly on the tour that we had for care

Positive community!!

My mom seems to be enjoying her stay so far at this facility and has made a smooth transition. I am pleased to see the staff are really trying to make an effort to get to really get to know her on a personal level and make her as comfortable as can be. She has had no complaints about the food and seems to be slowly getting involved in some of the activities throughout the week. Overall we are pleased.

We were very impressed with the extent of service and the different levels they offer, but we realized mom is not yet ready for assisted living.

GREAT COMMUNITY !!!!!!

Although my mom has only been there about 10 days, I have been very impressed. Most importantly, mom seems to like it. Every staff member I have communicated with so far, seem to be genuinely concerned and involved. In stark contrast to mom's previous community, the medical staff gave immediate attention to her list of medications, reassessing need and dosage within the first 36 hours !!!!! The icing on the cake is, the community itself is quite lovely, much homier than prev community. Rooms are spacious and bright.

I found this facility to be very clean and the staff was very informative and friendly. I loved the open design of the Memory Care unit. It looked like no matter where the residents were (except in their rooms) they were visible to the staff. That was very important to me because my Mom tries to get out of her wheelchair and she cannot stand on her own.

Great facility!

Great facility! Clean, very neat & great quality! Very helpful & friendly! Very willing to help in anyway! Convenient location for my father because it's close to where I live. Great experience! Great discount for first 3 months because of referral from a Place for Mom.

[removed]

[removed]. Over and over I visited my mother in the memory care unit at this facility, and found her in soaked pull-ups and with dried stool caked on her skin. Comments to the staff brought eye rolls and assurances they had just toileted her an hour beforehand. To compound the insult to her skin integrity, I also found her lying across her bed every time I went to see her. She would sit down on the side of the bed and just let herself fall backwards. Because she had so much hardware in her back and neck from previous surgeries, her body did not lie flat, so all her tiny weight went straight down on her coccyx. Again, with the eye rolls, and the shrugs, and the grimaces, as i complained about them letting her lie like this for hours at a time. She developed a Stage 4 pressure ulcer, ended up in the hospital with septicemia, and nearly died. She was moved to a nursing home, where she recovered, but remained weakened. Falls, a broken hip, a period of brief rally, and then a fall followed by a significant downhill slide marked the next two months. She passed away last month.
Now, my mother had vascular dementia - she had a terminal illness. [removed]
I would not recommend this place to anyone.