Bentley Commons Senior Living Community - Lynchburg, VA

I was very impressed by Bentley Commons and when the need for respite care comes so my husband and I can get out of town they would definitely be my first choice. I love how bright it is when you walk into their entrance and it is obvious where to check in. The dining room is beautiful and they have plenty of activities for their residents. The onsite beauty shop is a real plus for the elderly ladies, too. The apartment I was shown is a very generous size. The only negative I could possibly share is that respite care is on an “as available” basis. I can understand why Bentley Commons can’t guarantee a place, but once it is determined that a place is available for a specific time period, it should not be sold or given to anyone else. It makes family planning too difficult and there isn’t always going to be a back up plan for care. Of course, this works both ways and if the family makes a commitment there should be a penalty if they decide to go in another direction.

We are at home.

We really feel athat home here. The staff is friendly and are there for us with whatever we need. We are at peace here. The room is easier to get around in when you are in a wheelchair.

I Am Getting Use To My Atmosphere

My experience is pretty fair so far with all that is available to me. With time I will get use to everything and the environment of the community. They are nice and they do what they can do to help you and that is important to me. I am content with living in the community.

Great Tour!!

I have no complaints of the tour I received from this community.All of the staff seemed friendly and I liked that the residents where involved in different activities throughout the building. It was just a little to expensive for my mothers budget.

Good Safe Community, My Father is Well Here

This is a great community, and everything is working out very well. My father is in good hands, they are providing him with care. The community looks nice, and he hasn't had any problems with the cleanliness. The staff is great, they are caring for him very well. Everything has worked out very well for us here, and I would recommend it.

I'am Very Happy Here, This Is A Great Community

This was a big move for me, but everything has worked out very well for me here. I do really like it here. Everyone has been very nice and welcoming to me. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The residents are very kind and sociable. I have no complaints about this community. It is truly a wonderful place, and I would highly recommend it.

Nice place!

Our experience with Bentley Commons has been a good one overall, it is a nice place! The facility is generally clean and well kept, and all of the staff I have met have been friendly and professional. We're very satisfied!

Excellent Community

My mother in law has been a resident at Bentley Commons at Lynchburg for about 5 weeks now. She is very happy and enjoying all the friendly residents and staff. Mom does enjoy the food and it is a well balanced menu with a good variety. Meals are always on time and the dining room is well organized. The servers are great! They have a great system in place to address emergencies. There are call buttons in the apartments and residents wear pendants. The only down side is trying to get the staff to address any issues that may arise. The management will step in and get the issue resolved quickly.

Good

Bentley Commons is a low key, very friendly place to live....They have an excellent activities schedule. The food is O K at best, but it is filling.

It is a lovely property and I recommend it.

The one issue is that there was an extra charge for the number of medications that are managed. The laundry was wonderful. That was really good. They do them one resident at a time. They did a great job on that. The food was good, not wonderful , but good. It is conveniently located. The extra fee was really a big deal.

It is a lovely property and I recommend it.

Conrad Shadel

Thank you for your recommendation. We appreciate your honesty and input! We are glad your family member enjoyed their stay with us.

Excellent

Everyone is excellent at the facility.

Conrad Shadel

Thank you for your compliment! We are proud to be able to serve you and your family.

Very impressed

The staff was extremely friendly and helpful when we toured the facility. I was impressed by the clean rooms as well as the layouts. There were different activities going on when we toured and the residents all seemed to be happy and enjoying themselves. I would highly recommend!

Conrad Shadel

Thank you for your kind words. We are glad we could share a little bit of Bentley with you!

Some room for improvement

The cleanliness is better than average, I'd say there's room for improvement as far as her room is concerned. They clean once a week, with her dementia she's more careless than she used to ever be so it may just be that she's being careless with dropping things on the floor; so I can't really blame them, I just think they could clean a little more often. I'm a little concerned about the care because she was approved for assisted living at the summit and they say they're checking on her every 2 hours but I'm kinda concerned because I don't know if they're just glancing in her room or really checking on her. The other night there was an incident, she had had a bad dream and she told me about it. She had called my brother about 6 times in the night and she was just talking gibberish and he called the main number and had to leave a message for the nurse and she didn't call him back until later the next day. I feel like if they do check on her every 2 hours, and this went on for several hours, they would have seen her up and about. I haven't talked to the director of nursing yet and I intend to, to be fair, they could be checking on her and I can't really trust what my mother says