College Walk Retirement Community - Brevard, NC

College Walk Retirement Community - Brevard, NC has yet not published prices.

Life is good

After having lived in a home for 50 years the thought of moving to a retirement community was uncomfortable. After 6 months it has become a most enjoyable New Life. Food is excellent, any problems of which there are few are instantly taken care of and there are many interesting people to chat with. Staff in all areas are helpful and friendly. I have recommended to all my friends to get on the list now before you feel you need it. I am truly enjoying the next stage of my life.

A fancy community

This community does offer a lot of activities and amenities. This feels like an upscale community. They have a formal dining room where the wait staff take your order and then bring the meal to you. They offer computers for the residents to use. The staff were friendly and helpful. This community is higher in price. I would recommend taking a look at this community.

Good at first....uncaring ending

College Walk was initially the right choice for our Dad. But as his health declined, the business put increasing stipulations on us in order to allow my father to continue living there. We met every one of their requests within 24 hours.

3 days before Thanksgiving, the College Walk administration asked for a family meeting. We arrived within the hour, and were informed that my father was going to be discharged because he was requiring more assistance than they could provide. THEN WE WERE INFORMED THAT OUR DAD HAD TO BE MOVED BY THE END OF THE DAY. We were shocked, and were left scrambling to transfer our Dad to a suitable location, and had to cancel the Thanksgiving dinner we had planned to share with Dad and family.

College Walk had every right to advise the family that we needed to find a more suitable location for our Dad, but giving us less than 3 hours to move our father during a holiday week was both insensitive and uncaring. I was shocked and disappointed that College Walk felt no responsibility or obligation to work with the family to ensure my Dad was transitioned safely and with care. Their lack of compassion and empathy was shocking for a business that advertised compassionate care for the elderly.