Clayton House - Clayton, NC has yet not published prices.

My experience

This community did not seem very active when we toured it. The community seemed clean. I was not impressed with the overall atmosphere of the community. I would not recommend this community.

Need more staff and food wasn't good

We were not real pleased with there. It's a much older place and it's rather depressing when you go in there. It's an older facility and I think some of the staff were good with mother and some of them were a little lax, we didn't think the daily hygiene was the best with some of the caregivers, she had some that were doing a good job. Another huge concern we had there was the food was not good at all, mother was not eating hardly anything, in fact she lost 7 or 8 pounds and I think it was because she didn't like the food. I would say it was clean most of the time, we did have a few episodes where we'd go in and we didn't think things were as clean. They would usually take care of it right away but we felt we shouldn't have to bring it to somebodies attention, they should have walked in and smelled something wasn't clean. It's not the worst place we visited, the administrators are very nice people, they were very kind to us, very easy to work with, I just feel like they might need a little bit more staff there and they need to have a little closer attention to them.