Brookdale Smithfield - Smithfield, NC

Brookdale Smithfield - Smithfield, NC has yet not published prices.

My tour

This looked like a nice clean community when we visited. This community does allow pets and they offer daily activities. This community was nice, however I did not think it was the right fit for us.

My tour

This seemed like a nice community when we visited. It was larger than what we were looking for and it felt more official. The people I met were nice and the community seemed clean.

If they had a private room, we would have signed up immediately.

A True Blessing to Our Family

The people are really nice and go the extra mile to help and answer questions. I've had only positive experiences at the Smithfield location. My mom has some dementia and we know it's only a matter of time befor she will have to go to a memory care facility. Thankfully, Brookdale at Smithfield has a memory care secure unit on site so the transition will be easy and convienant for mom and our family.
The facility is very clean and neat. When you walk in you don't feel like you are at a facility, you get the sence your at someones home and that is wonderful!! They have diffrent levels of care all based around the needsof the individule. I would recomend this assisted living "Home" to anyone.

Good fit for mom

My mother is adjusting very well here. The staff seems very helpful to all the residents, not just my mother. They even check on them at night. The have quite a few activities during the day. They had a gospel group visit the other day and the residents seemed to enjoy it. I like that they have a physical therapist on site as well. One thing I have noticed they could change is they have chalkboards with the events going on but it can be difficult to read because it's not very clean. The menu board is very small also. The staff does keep the residents informed so it's only a minor issue.

The staff at Brookdale are really friendly

Mom loves the attendants. The food is really great. My only concern is that mom is not wanting to take care of some personal needs and the staff do not want to strongly encourage her. They do charge extra for some of the services. They do seem to be trying to improve this issue. The daily activities are good, however I am not sure how much they encourage mom to participate. I would recommend this community as the level of care is better than other communities.

Not the right place!

This community was okay. The staff was nice and they showed us around which was helpful. We just again felt that this was not a good fit for my husband.

5 stars across the board

The staff at Brookdale are great. They are attentive and helpful. The food is good and they keep the community looking beautiful. They offer daily activities and physical therapy. I would recommend this community.

We had a great visit. We found out the information that we needed to make a decision. We have signed paperwork and hopefully will place her on Wednesday of this week.

Very Good Tour, Nice Community with Kind People

I had a very good tour of this community. Everybody was very kind and welcoming. The community looked nice. You could tell they do a good job with the maintenance of the place. The staff I met was nice and courteous. Their rates were a bit expensive for our budget. Overall it was a pleasant tour, and this is a nice community.

Irma

We had a great experience. The response time was quick. I called while on vacation and had an appointment with 3 facilities before we returned home. Each of the facilities was unique and within 2 weeks, We found a place for Mom, we all loved. Thanks A Place for Mom for helping with a challenging life experience.

My mom really liked the facility as it made her feel most connected to her current community, Ms. Arnold was most gracious and really got to know my mother. She was patient, compassionate, and informative. I liked the tour of the dementia unit and felt that my mom would florish there if needed

I would give them a five in everything.

I would give them a five in everything. They are probably even better than the place we are now. He seemed to like the food. The aides could always tell you just whats going on with your loved one, in detail.

Assisted living is great...memory care side needs some work

I love that the staff is so friendly and they know everyone and call you by name. They know who your family member is when you walk through the door. They listen to you when you talk. As far as the facility as a whole we're happy, but there are some issues we are dealing with at the memory care side versus the assisted living side. It's almost necessary to give separate reviews.

not sure

Was not happy with the aftercare of my mom after a fall. Doctors required bed rest but they got her up and took her to dining for meals. That is not bed rest.

A great place for care for parents with dementia.

I was very pleased with the care my father received in the Dementia Care Facility at Carolina House. The caregivers were excellent. They all seemed to enjoy their jobs and were always cheerful and happy to help the residents. It was a very pleasant place to visit. Jamie was especially great to deal with. She was great with the residents and willing to help family members any way she could. Myra Gammon was especially good to work with. She gets involved with the residents as well as being in the administration.
I was very pleased with Carolina House and would recommend it to any one else. I would use it again if I needed care for a parent in Smithfield.

The cleanliness is great, there's alw...

The cleanliness is great, there's always room for improvement, but the care is good, I don't think it's quite as good as it could be. We have had some issues but it's all been resolved, they're very repsonsive to anything that's come to our attention. We go to the med tech or the nurse or the administrator and they've been very responsive to resolving them.
One thing that my father really enjoys is on Friday nights they have live music and a band that comes in. Friday night is the regular night but they do that quite often, they have various groups come in and sing or perform in some way and my dad particularly enjoys that. They have other activities also but they've had some medical issues since they've been there so they haven't really been able to participate in those. The cost varies each month, Carolina House does it from like a menu and it can vary each month depending on what kind of services they needed.

Bo Jangles and Smiles

There are many reasons that we choose to go with “Carolina House of Smithfield.” Both of my parents are residents here. The residents and staff are very friendly. One of the major selling points is that when we went to visit before we ever met anyone we noticed how everyone had a smile on their face, and it wasn’t just for show. We listen to the staff speak to each other and the residents and everyone was actually happy and very respectful toward each other. It was really a big issue for us that the people were actually happy and not miserable. It’s nice to know that people really enjoy their job and helping others. The have been very good about responding to any type on concerns that we may have. They also have a nice library and a couple of TV rooms. The even bring a TV out to the dinning room for a communal church service that they do over the television. All the rooms are really nice and well decorated, and everything is nice and clean also. I was just visiting my parents today and when I left they had a 35 member church youth choir singing for them, the choir was just great. My dad loves music and they have a ton of music activities. Every Friday they have different bands come in and play and sing for them. They also have karaoke nights, and every week they also have some other type of music group come in and play or sing for them. They have a lot of other activities also but dad really likes the music. They even have a chef on staff that works with a nutritionist to make everyone food. Dad is a bit of a picky eater and thinks the food is a little bland, but the doctor has him on a low sodium, low fat diet. Mom eats what she likes. The food is good but dad misses his Bo Jangles Fried Chicken, even though they make a nice Chicken Cordon Blu for him it’s not the same as Bo Jangles. So far so good, everything is ok and we just take it one day at a time, but nothing beats Bo Jangles Fried Chicken.

We are going with this option.

We are going with this option.

Impressed with the care, the security...

Impressed with the care, the security of knowing your loved one is being watched and cared for. The friendliness of Staff and feeling right at home.

Brookdale Smithfield provides a full range of choices for today's seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Our Brookdale community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional services, amenities and opportunities we offer. And, our residents can rest assured that as their needs change we provide a variety of ancillary services and a Personalized Assisted Living environment that encourages our residents to continue to live as they please while respecting individual preferences.